Baby present when doing nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been away for ages but need your advice. I've had a baby only 8 weeks ago and a client is begging me to do her nails! I'd have to take my baby with me but as you can imagine i'm concerned about the fumes of the acrylic. I know they are not harmful but they can be pretty smelly and i'm not really happy about taking her. Has anyone else done nails with a baby there? would you do it or not? I haven't got a baby monitor so putting her in a different room wouldn't be too good and it would be at the clients house so no cot etc.

Thanks xx

I agree that the smell of the nails is not suitable for the little one, but when the little one does a "big one" perhaps that smell could offend the client :cry:

I wonder which smell is worse? :rolleyes::)

i have 2 children.... i know the answer to that question... rethink your plan :confused:

Couldnt the client come to you?

Karaxxx

Hi Linzie,

If you were not planning on going back to work just yet, you must simply tell the client that. Don't let her bamboozle you into it.

Do you have a plan re childcare for when you do re-start?

I dont really have anywhere to do it in my place and the smell sicks around for ages xx

Don't do it !!!!!
I had one client who brought the baby along and it was a complete nightmare, I swear babies have a radar for when you are busy and start fretting at the worst possible time.
Honestly hun I would tell her that unless she has someone who can entertain/feed etc your baby while you do her nails you cant risk it, its not like you can tell the little mite to hang on half an hour while you finish up.:hug:

I think the vapours would be the least of your worries .. Once you do her nails once and bring the baby she'll expect you to do it all the time. Granted, sometimes it might work out ok, but what if the baby starts crying when you're half way through a full set... God that would be a nightmare!!

I'm speaking from experience here... I only did very close friend's nails, but sometimes I'd be about 3 hours, as I had to stop to burp and change etc ... you get the drift?:hug::hug:

hiya, i wouldnt take your baby with you after all shes only 8 weeks old. Are you sure u want to restart so soon even if it is just for this client?
xx

I'm not altogether sure about the vapours (can't be good though if there's no extraction) but having a new baby around isn't a winner....even if you time it around feeds etc. there's no saying the baby would stay asleep. And ask yourself is it worth the money??
Stay home a while longer hun and bond with your baby and enjoy it while you can x

If you want to/need to do this client, would an evening be feasible when your partner can take the baby?

If you MUST do these nails then your client will understand that you must first organise adequate cover, if you cannot then she will have to wait. I'm a lil shocked that you are asking - do you want your baby in your working environment? Do you really think a salon/nails environment is a good place for a small baby?

I definatly would not take my baby or any of my children to an appointment! it cant look very professional and like every1 else says what do you do if your baby starts to cry and you have to keep stopping and starting, that 1 hour appointment may turn in to a 3 hour appointment!! x

No no no no absolutely not.
For reasons above and others.
I have a strict no children policy. They are NOT allowed in the room when I'm doing nails. Anything can go wrong, accidents happen.
PLUS the interuptions and everything else.
Not worth the aggravation, and not worth the stress of worrying if the vapours affect your child, PLUS the dust kicked up.

Get a sitter, or just don't see your clients and enjoy your baby by yourself a little bit longer. This time is precious, enjoy every second. I envy you. I'd love to have a 3rd, but it's not in the cards

:hug:

If you MUST do these nails then your client will understand that you must first organise adequate cover, if you cannot then she will have to wait. I'm a lil shocked that you are asking - do you want your baby in your working environment? Do you really think a salon/nails environment is a good place for a small baby?

not really..... hence why i was asking... why is that such a shock to ask a question?

never mind...

my clients have turned into my friends. I don't mind helping a friend out and i'll see her anyway doing her nails or not.

thanks for everyones advice. I was thinking your thoughts, just wanted them confirmed.

Latest posts

Back