Back Pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Hi All

For approx 6 weeks now I have had back pain in my lower back on the left side.....

Would a sports massage be useful or would I be wise to visit the GP first...

I dont really like booking the GP without being really ill, as I dont want to waste their time.....

Could anyone recommend a good therapist for this in the midlands??

Thanks Geekies xx

Snap, I had this prob too,I went to the docs he pescribed me some inflammatory tablets, he said if they didnt work he would see about physio.Within taking two of the tabs, my pain disappeared,and appears to of gone ..touch wood.:)

Ive had lower back problems for years, my doctor gave me every painkiller going I just steadly got used to them and they proved less and less efficent.

Then I went to the Chiropractor and Id say about 98% of my issues have cleared up. I now only go once every three months for a touch up and inbetween times I have massages to loosen up my muscles.

I really wouldnt recommend a sports massage at first tbh, they are very deep and intensive. Try a normal one aimed for your back (I have one called 'Happy Back') and just ask the person to focus more on that area.

My hubby suffered with lower back pain for years, was on every painkiler going, even Diazepam to help hime sleep at night, but there was no known cause, they did tests to see if his spine was aligned correctly, and checked it wasn't anything to do with his kidneys etc, then one after a few abscences from work, his boss gave him her chiropractor's number, and after only one session he ditched the painkillers.
My hubby said it wa sas if something had been 'clicked' back into place, and has never suffered with it since, 3 years on.

See your doctor first my darling as you will need to be diagnosed first. If nothing is found then Chiropractors etc can maybe help. If there is a problem with your spine or one of your joints this will need to be sorted out first.

I have a serious problem with my back and xrays showed this up, I am having a MRI scan next Wednesday to see the soft tissue damage and then having steroid injections to try to shift the pain I have been in for the last 4 years. :cry: A proper diagnosis is really important.

Hope you get better soon :) xxx

See your doctor first my darling as you will need to be diagnosed first. If nothing is found then Chiropractors etc can maybe help. If there is a problem with your spine or one of your joints this will need to be sorted out first.

I have a serious problem with my back and xrays showed this up, I am having a MRI scan next Wednesday to see the soft tissue damage and then having steroid injections to try to shift the pain I have been in for the last 4 years. :cry: A proper diagnosis is really important.

Hope you get better soon :) xxx

I absolutely agree with this. You must see your GP first. Hope you get sorted soon, I know from experience what a nightmare back pain can be. :hug:

Go see your GP 1st but be prepared to be disappointed when you walk out of there with Ibuprofen prescribed and told to rest (ha!! like we can do that!!) Ibuprofen's ok short term but be very careful they cause havoc with the stomach lining if taken too long.
I lost all faith in gp's years ago.......
I was seeing a chiropractor every month from age 20 to 30, I found chiropractors to be my saviors!! when my lower back eventually got so bad that I needed surgery (micro disectomy) It's never felt so good since (thankgod)

Good luck with whichever route you take (I really do feel for u)

x

Go see your GP 1st but be prepared to be disappointed when you walk out of there with Ibuprofen prescribed and told to rest (ha!! like we can do that!!) Ibuprofen's ok short term but be very careful they cause havoc with the stomach lining if taken too long.
I lost all faith in gp's years ago.......
I was seeing a chiropractor every month from age 20 to 30, I found chiropractors to be my saviors!! when my lower back eventually got so bad that I needed surgery (micro disectomy) It's never felt so good since (thankgod)

Good luck with whichever route you take (I really do feel for u)

x

I agree totally, my Doctor messed me around badly. But thats just my GP. Other people have good storys to tell so do go see your GP but do be prepared for the 'take two paracetamol' trick.

My Chiropractor is my savior tbh, if you decide to go to one make sure they are fully qualified and registered. They are trained in areas like the back and joints more intensively than your adverage GP. They are Not Quacks or Alternative medicine but an important part of medicene.

Without my chiropractor I would still be in agony.

:hug:

I appologise for any spelling errors Im very tired atm. :irked:

Latest posts

Back