Bad mouthing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie240672

Reaction score
i have my own beauty salon and had a girl renting a rm to do spraytanning thur en fri i also let her go in and do tans on other days as well she paid me £50 pw,included was elec,heating,use of my machine i also took appointments for her she had all walk ins for spray tans as im on a shopping centre,however she still thought she was badly done to?
she left last week to open her own salon just spray tanning,a couple of my customers have told me that she has been bad mouthing me i feel realy hurt by this as i have tried to help her with giving her advice when she as ask for it re,her new salon,i know there is nothing i can prob do just need to sound out i think,:cry:

i would go over and ask her to why she is doing this as you have been fair to her and you dont understand why she is bad mouthing your services ?

Ignore it and move on hun.
Change your business name perhaps?

I would definately ignore it babes otherwise you will end up going to war over it. Let her look unprofessional to her clients and carry on doing what you do best. I am sure your clients will know you well enough and won't pay attention. Bitterness is a very easy quality to spot in a person so they will see right through her. :hug:

i know your all right it is tempting to ask her why she is doing this,but there again like you all say its best left,its not realy buisness she is attacking its me personally,saying i have been done for fraud i have never claimed anything in my life so i dont now where she has got that from if it was just name calling i could handle that,(very childish.)oh well lesson to be learnt here i think chheers all.x

Dont sweat it! Let her move on and keep your integrity. Everyone can always do better than their boss or so they seem to think. If she keeps up her unprofessional attitude she wont have her business for very long.
Get back in your room and do the tans yourself my clients love that they come to the owner and that I want nothing more than them to be perfect and not some lil junior who's only interested in the money!

If it is honestly that bad and personal attack then go see a solicitor and get a cease and deist letter sent it will be about £30 but well worth it or sent he a polite note asking her to stop and if she fails to do so a solicitors letter will follow and may result in legal action as she is engaging in slander Cease and desist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry but I have to disagree then, if it was your expertise she was attacking then yes, you have the proof in the pudding as it were that she is talking rubbish and could let that lie, clients could see through that. But saying you have been done for fraud is slander, and I'm afraid I for one couldn't ignore that, and would have to go and see her yo ask why, and also to let her know that if it doesn't stop I would be prepared to take it further.
This sort of gossip could potentially harm your business. She may well be childish, but she is also walking a dangerous path as well. xxx

i have my own beauty salon and had a girl renting a rm to do spraytanning thur en fri i also let her go in and do tans on other days as well she paid me £50 pw,included was elec,heating,use of my machine i also took appointments for her she had all walk ins for spray tans as im on a shopping centre,however she still thought she was badly done to?
she left last week to open her own salon just spray tanning,a couple of my customers have told me that she has been bad mouthing me i feel realy hurt by this as i have tried to help her with giving her advice when she as ask for it re,her new salon,i know there is nothing i can prob do just need to sound out i think,:cry:

Put this down to experience! Think how you do things differently and better next time... and move on. She's gone, it's over, ignore idle gossip and move on!!:idea:

Dont worry hun, she will find out how hard it is paying rent and holding a wholke salon together, she will see she had it sweet with you, lol

Agree with most...ignore her . People will find out that your good and it will be the end of it. If you dont rise to the bait and not say anything,then she will get bored and stop bad mouthing you. Just think your better than her and her life must be sad if all she wants to do is talk about you !!

I would have to agree with Suzie! What she is doing is called DEFORMATION OF CHARACTER = SLANDER!! This is illegal, I myself would contact a solicitor and get a letter drawn up and sent to her! Dont speak to hear face to face as it may end up in a slanging match! Dont come down to her level hun!!

Angie
xx

Just ignore her. You know the old saying: give her enough rope and she will hang herself. She can't be a very nice person doing this after how much you did for her. Unofrtunately there are people like this but by you keeping your dignity you will come out on top in the end.
Just consider it a life lesson to not be so giving next time and get on with what you do best
She's not worth the worry
Cheers

thanks all, i think i am going to leave it however if i here anymore been said than i will be contacting her to tell her to stop or i will be taking it further.x:hug:

I think there is always a certain amount of bitchiness in this industry and you have to develop a bit of a hard skin as far as it's concerned.
Take everything with a pinch of salt and know, in your heart, you are good at your job and ignore imbeciles like this.
There's millions out there....it's jealousy usually or people without a life.
Remember part of the job is NOT to bitch about other techs.
It's not big and it's not professional x

I think there is always a certain amount of bitchiness in this industry and you have to develop a bit of a hard skin as far as it's concerned.
Take everything with a pinch of salt and know, in your heart, you are good at your job and ignore imbeciles like this.
There's millions out there....it's jealousy usually or people without a life.
Remember part of the job is NOT to bitch about other techs.
It's not big and it's not professional x

You ain't kidding Judie, we get it off the other Salon in the Village via our Clients. I do love wazzin on their Chips though by not giving them anything back. From our Stylists POV, all talk about the other place is banned unless its of a Professional nature. See I'm not bitter!

Anyway regarding the original posters issue's; Have you thought about Petrol Bombing this other Salon? That should sort it for you.

You ain't kidding Judie, we get it off the other Salon in the Village via our Clients. I do love wazzin on their Chips though by not giving them anything back. From our Stylists POV, all talk about the other place is banned unless its of a Professional nature. See I'm not bitter!

Anyway regarding the original posters issue's; Have you thought about Petrol Bombing this other Salon? That should sort it for you.

I've told you...violence is not the way to go...unless we're a team:lol:
Ignore all imbeciles...end of!!

I've told you...violence is not the way to go...unless we're a team:lol:
Ignore all imbeciles...end of!!

You get the bottles and I'll get the Petrol, we can call ourselves the new Business Angels for Salons in need. Failing that you're right, just ignore them.

OMG can't say more lol!

I would definately ignore it babes otherwise you will end up going to war over it. Let her look unprofessional to her clients and carry on doing what you do best. I am sure your clients will know you well enough and won't pay attention. Bitterness is a very easy quality to spot in a person so they will see right through her. :hug:
Well said, I totally agree.

Latest posts

Back