Barbicide advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi all just double checking how often you all change barbicide in the salon, i'm only checking as when mobile i change it for each customer, but am going to be renting a room from next week and want to make sure i get things right. also what about sterilising tools, every night or weekly?? and what do you all use thanks.

Change weekly if you use it a lot.
I make really strong Mix's.
my combs are put in after each use and are taken out for each client, rinsed, dried and I don't know if it does anything but I pop it in the nail uv thing. Once a month they are soaked over weekend in bleach and boiling water.

Personally you can't be over the top with things like this. Xoxo

I thought barbacide was daily?

Daily? Iv never been anywhere that does it, mine is mixed with quater of a litre to whatever else the jar takes (the instructions are a capful) xoxo

Yeah I'm sure it says on the instructions to change daily aswell. That's what I always do. X

I too change daily in all treatments areas.

I find the jar on the nail desk gets really murky if left longer than a day, lots of nail bits and dust settling in the bottom - not pretty ;)

I use the mundo version of barbicide and it needs to be changed every 5 days. Much more economical!

I use the mundo version of barbicide and it needs to be changed every 5 days. Much more economical!

That's the one Lynne. Knew I wasn't doing wrong :) xoxo

thanks everyone.

Mundo Power Plus is a concentrated solution which you dilute down with clean water. It lasts up to 5 days.

Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant is a ready-to-use solution and lasts up to a week.

According to instruction on Barbicide their solution should be changed EVERY DAY.:mad:

If you do the maths, changing a solution every day works out very expensive and adds to your work load!!

Mundo Power Plus is a concentrated solution which you dilute down with clean water. It lasts up to 5 days.

Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant is a ready-to-use solution and lasts up to a week.

According to instruction on Barbicide their solution should be changed EVERY DAY.:mad:

If you do the maths, changing a solution every day works out very expensive and adds to your work load!!

Well I've ordered some from salons direct yesterday so lets give it a go! :)

I use Sterilsafe and it is 100% effective up to 14 days. I have used both Mundo and Barbicide but this is just the best. No erosion on implements - best by far.

I use Sterilsafe and it is 100% effective up to 14 days. I have used both Mundo and Barbicide but this is just the best. No erosion on implements - best by far.

Well I realised when my order came I've got 2 years supply of mundo!

Where do you buy this? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Try sterilsafe.co.uk or Carlton and I think Ellisons also do it.

Great thank you :)

so what does everyone use to sterilise then autoclaves or uv boxes or something else thanks???

so what does everyone use to sterilise then autoclaves or uv boxes or something else thanks???

I'm a bit old fashioned, barbicide (mundo), boiling water and bleach are my sterilisers. I don't trust uv, but its probably that I can't see it, and sunbeds are never advertised to clean your body of germs xoxo

If using bleach would this too be changed daily?

I'm mobile so I just use a plastic beaker with a screw on lid (0.4lt) that I bought from Tesco, how much Mundo would I have to use if I'm filling the beaker half full of water or less?

Latest posts

Back