bargain crushed shells!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolep said:
Hi there

does anyone have any pics of nails with crushed shells and instructions?

Here are the crushed shell tips I did on myself the other day;

I mixed the crushed shell with clear L&P as you would a glitter and used it like that.
Also look at this link;
http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/search.php?do=searchresults&searchid=706
they are the pics posted in the gallery using crushed shell.
Hope this helps.
As for the mother of pearl strips, I have recently added a thread about this and not many people have used it. I am going for an open day at NSI tomorrow so I plan to ask about it then.
I'll keep you posted!

Please keep me uptodate about the mother of pearl stips, i have one but dont know how to use it.

Thanx for all your help

NoticeableNails said:
Here are the crushed shell tips I did on myself the other day;

I mixed the crushed shell with clear L&P as you would a glitter and used it like that.
Also look at this link;
http://www.thenailgeek.com/gallery/search.php?do=searchresults&searchid=706
they are the pics posted in the gallery using crushed shell.
Hope this helps.
As for the mother of pearl strips, I have recently added a thread about this and not many people have used it. I am going for an open day at NSI tomorrow so I plan to ask about it then.
I'll keep you posted!

Carolep said:
Please keep me uptodate about the mother of pearl stips, i have one but dont know how to use it.

Thanx for all your help

I went to NSI today it was an open demo day; and asked about the shell sheet and there was only 1 tutor that had used it!!!
Well she said she had used punches (you know the ones you can use on tips that cut ot circles, hearts, stars etc) punched out the shape and applied on the nail and top coated over, or encased in gel or L&P.
So really they would be similar to the shell shapes that you can buy!

Hope this helps!

Hi ya

Thank you so much for letting me know what happend! I can't believe there was only 1 tutor!

thank you

NoticeableNails said:
I went to NSI today it was an open demo day; and asked about the shell sheet and there was only 1 tutor that had used it!!!
Well she said she had used punches (you know the ones you can use on tips that cut ot circles, hearts, stars etc) punched out the shape and applied on the nail and top coated over, or encased in gel or L&P.
So really they would be similar to the shell shapes that you can buy!

Hope this helps!

I think its one of those things that just hasn't taken off coz no-one knows what to do wit it! lol.

Got mine! Cant wait to have a play with them!

I'll look forward to seeing some pics!

NoticeableNails said:
I'll look forward to seeing some pics!

hey Jo! - have you got any pics of the shell sheet stuff in use? or havent you had a go with it yet

I haven't got round to using it yet, I've just got some punches to try it out tho. I'll post a pic as soon as I give it a go.

They look beautiful.

Do you mind me asking, how much extra do you charge for crushed shells on tips? Thanks

Prosperity said:
They look beautiful.

Do you mind me asking, how much extra do you charge for crushed shells on tips? Thanks

Thank you!
Here is a set of blue crushed shell nails I did on myself;

I charge extra for shell tips as it takes a little extra time and also to cover the cost of the shell. I also charge extra when it comes to rebalance as this would also take more time.

Have they lowered the price back to £12.99 yet??? Cheeky devils. I went on the site a couple of days ago and they were still £14.99. Are you getting commission - hence the higher price??? NO ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!! :D

I've noticed some crushed shell in Geekbay for sale.
Hope this helps
:D

FlybyNight said:
Have they lowered the price back to £12.99 yet??? Cheeky devils. I went on the site a couple of days ago and they were still £14.99. Are you getting commission - hence the higher price??? NO ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!! :D

OMG NO WAY - dont do commission!! - im still pissed they are taking the p**s but no way hose would i do that, been taken for a ride myself in past !! xxx a certain geek owed me £60 didnt send items on ebay but took my cash and i had to get paypal involved, still £20 out of pocket and very annoyed but hey hope it comes back to haunt her - grrrrr

Latest posts

Back