base coat and now top coat out of stock???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I want to order my shellac but after going on the sweet squared website i see that the base coat and now top coat are still out of stock?? I saw that the base coat was out of stock over 2 weeks ago... whats the situation? Where else would I be able to get it?

Lisa

you need to keep checking the sweetsquared website everyday as they did get stock in a couple of weeks ago because I ordered some so unfotunately you must have missed it. Ask to be put on the e-mail list so next time it comes in they can notify you so that you can place your order. You do need to be quick though because it's such a fab product it sells out really quickly. Hth:)

I spoke to S2 yesterday and that person told me that they're expecting more in soon and to keep checking (also been added to mailing list), it didn't sound like it'd be long....I hope.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but this is not the Sweet Squared website so why would anyone on here be able to tell you when stock is going to be available??

You need to contact S2 get on their email list and check the site everyday or even call them everyday this is what everyone else who is waiting are doing.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but this is not the Sweet Squared website so why would anyone on here be able to tell you when stock is going to be available??

You need to contact S2 get on their email list and check the site everyday or even call them everyday this is what everyone else who is waiting are doing.

Your quite right of course :hug: but this seems to now be be the norm - checking everyday to see if in stock. I love Shellac and think its great. I thought this was a short term issue but it seems to be a long term ongoing one. A big shame for all concerned.

When I placed my last Shellac order a couple of weeks ago, although it stated everything was in stock, when I received my delivery the base coast was crossed off so I telephoned Sweet Squared and was told not to worry because the panic was over and they would be getting deliveries of base coat etc. every week from now on.

I really don't want to jump on the whinging band wagon but the advice is to contact Sweet Squared but why, if all they do is give you the wrong information and for me as it probably is with some other geeks its not always possible to check the website daily.

I am with you guys on this one.
Unfortunatley, I recieved one of the dodgy base coats a while back (brush was all stuck together like it had been cured and the actual product was all thick and stringy). I spoke to Sweet Squared over two weeks ago now and was told to send it back and they would replace it straight away, which I did. However, I am still yet to hear anything from them and I am extremely frustrated and fuming. I have called and emailed Sweet Squared but they won't get back to me, give me any answers or tell me when I can expect a replacement.
I am quickly losing business and trust of my customers as I am now all out of base coat. It is not possible for me to check the website every day and I do not want to miss out when the next delivery arrives.
Does anyone know anywhere else I can get some from or does anyone have a spare one I can buy.
Sorry for moaning but this situation is really starting damaging my business and reputation, and I am getting really worried about the situation as I cannot afford to lose any more business.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks x

Carole, just buy a Gelish base coat. Seriously. It works fine with Shellac :hug:

Thanks Zoe. Can you tell me where I can get this from?!
Thanks x

Carole, Nail Harmony call their product a soak off gel but it is very similar to Shellac and I have used the Gelish base in conjunction with Shellac (as have many others) and it really is compatible.

Carole, just buy a Gelish base coat. Seriously. It works fine with Shellac :hug:

ZoZo I'm definitely going to try that. My Shellac basecoat is very "bitty". I like some of the Gelish colours. Could you use Gelish basecoat, Gelish colour and Shellac top coat?

Understand if not but would really like to avoid parting with any more cash than necessary at the mo! Do they do training courses in Gelish, or is it the same principle as Shellac?

Thanks! x

The ONLY Gelish product I have at the mo is the base. But yesterday I had my nails done by another geek and I'm fairly sure she used Shellac base, Gelish colour then Shellac top coat :biggrin:

I'm sure it's all interchangeable. I don't read the Shellac / Gelish threads much anymore but I'm sure there's loads of discussion about the compatibility of the two products. There are also Shellac and Gelish / Nail Harmony groups.

As far as I'm aware, you do not need training for either product, except of course a manicure qualification.

The ONLY Gelish product I have at the mo is the base. But yesterday I had my nails done by another geek and I'm fairly sure she used Shellac base, Gelish colour then Shellac top coat :biggrin:

I'm sure it's all interchangeable. I don't read the Shellac / Gelish threads much anymore but I'm sure there's loads of discussion about the compatibility of the two products. There are also Shellac and Gelish / Nail Harmony groups.

As far as I'm aware, you do not need training for either product, except of course a manicure qualification.

Have just taken the plunge and ordered the Gelish three colour kit! Thought I may as well have new colours to offer my clients too. Such a shame about Shellac though....x

Forgot to say, when I spoke to Jason at Nail Harmony he said you can mix top and base coats but he thinks that with Gelish you'll get a longer lasting result (21 days) by using the Gelish top coat than the Shellac one. Can't wait to experiment! x

Forgot to say, when I spoke to Jason at Nail Harmony he said you can mix top and base coats but he thinks that with Gelish you'll get a longer lasting result (21 days) by using the Gelish top coat than the Shellac one. Can't wait to experiment! x

You won't be disappointed, I switched to gelish recently and use both products, together if necessary. Had no prblems at all.

I think the situation with shellac has got beyond a joke now and we can't possibly hang around when there are other good products available today.

Who wants the regrowth of a 21 day manicure, it would look hideous!

Who wants the regrowth of a 21 day manicure, it would look hideous!

suppose it depends how quick the nails grow, mine grow loads in a week, my mums normal polish doesnt seem to have any regrowth (just wear on the ends) after a week and a half, so she would possibly get away with 21 days! :green:

Thanks guys, although I have just checked the website and found that a Gellish base coat will cost me £35.44 inc VAT! That seems mega highly priced compared to Shellac!

Thanks guys, although I have just checked the website and found that a Gellish base coat will cost me £35.44 inc VAT! That seems mega highly priced compared to Shellac!

Remember that Gelish comes in 15ml bottles though!

Latest posts

Back