BBC- the great abortion divide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eughhhh I know one person who has had 5!
The last one she ordered some tablets from the USA online and self aborted... As the doctors weren't prepared to do it.
Needless to say when she wanted to have a bambino, she miscarried..

I find it bizarre, falling pregnant for most people is quite hard, yet some people it happens so quickly, I suppose it's all in the mind if your thinking about it!xx

A question has now popped up, if you have too many could it impair your chances when you really want a child? Xoxo

A question has now popped up, if you have too many could it impair your chances when you really want a child? Xoxo

Any abortion, 1 or two or three could leave to scarring on your womb which lowers fertility x

From reading all the posts I agree with you all strongly. Our 'free' abortion service is very Mis used!! It's so sad that people cannot have children and those who can choose to be Almost selfish with their actions. Sort of like itS easier to abort than use a condom now days!

To answer your question above Tomee. Yes I think it does effect the chances!
For many woman on contraception you will all know for everything we take or have fitted there are side effects.
So If there's side effects for stuff to prevent pregnancy, there must be side effects for the drug used to abort babies. I strongly believe it will effect the womb, ovaries etc. xx

I don't really know how I feel on this subject, someone very close to me had an abortion at a very young age, and it broke my heart when I found out ... For 1. Because I strongly disagreed with abortion and 2. Because I was gutted this person got themselves pregnant in the first place, I have friends who have aborted for medical reasons and I totally understand that, then I have friends that have aborted as a form of contraception and that disgusts me.

My personal experience ... I've been trying to conceive for 4 years, currently waiting for an ivf consultation, I have always been very careful, took the morning after pill once before actually going on the pill (condom split). I have spent the majority of my adult life preventing something that I can't achieve now that I want it.

I don't judge anyone for their actions except the girls that are so flippant about abortion and I didn't watch the programme as this kind of thing angers me to much.

Xxxx

I am pro choice and although there may be some women who abort without much hesitation a believe the majority think long and hard.

It's something I don't believe I could do. But I don't know what I would do, know one does until the scenario becomes your reality.

I know women who have had abortions a few regret there discussion but some still feel content with the choice they have made-which is reassuring for them.

I consider myself very fortunate that its not a decision I've had to make and hope that I never will. As whatever choice you make it has a permanent impact on your life.

The gestational age limit should be lowered in my opinion and I find it sickening that people protest outside abortion clinic and threaten staff. It's unkind and disrespectful.

I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. This baby wasn't planned but a very welcome surprise.

I've always been very anti abortion and firmly believe the limit should be lowered. To me my baby, although not fully formed is already part of my family.

I understand that many people go through life having abortions and thinking nothing of them, to them its there right and use it as a form of contraception. I really strongly am against this type of abortion and maybe if they had to pay for them then people would think twice!!!

But I do however agree with others when they say that certain people should have them ie rape victims etc.

I know that no child asks to be conceived but also no child deserves to be born into certain situations either. It breaks my heart to see unloved and abused children when there are so many people out there that cannot have babies, who could give a loving home.

The choice is there for not only the future of the mother but also the baby.
I fell pregnant at 15 with my boyfriend of 3 years (naive school relationship) I had an abortion at 4 weeks and do not regret it. I wouldn't of been able to give that child what it deserved.
I then fell pregnant at 18 and now have a beautiful 3 year old who is so happy and the best cared for angel ever. I know now even more so it was the right decision as I would of ruined not only my life at 14 but an innocent child's life!
Each to their own I suppose though xx

i'm derailing a bit but i've been stuck at home ill alone for the past week with only salon geek and boobs the dog for company, there has been 3 very emotive and personal debates on chit chat recently (politics, religion and no abortion) and i've read and participated in all of them, all be it in a minor way...i can only say that i am totally impressed by the calm ,intelligent and mature manner that these debates have been conducted, many differing views, opinions and beliefs have been discussed without anything degenerating into arguments. restores my faith in humanity and anyone who still believes that anyone who works in our industries only does so because they are brainless, well they should look no further than salon geek, then they would get their eyes opened xxx

You have a dog called boobs???

I didn't watch this program but have been reading the posts. I have to admit I sit 100% on the fence, I think women who make the heart wrenching decision to abort a baby due to not being able to give a child the life it deserves are very brave, however I also strongly admire those who carry on with a pregnancy and manage to give them a great life even when everything in life is against them.
This may seem cold hearted I think if I found out I was carrying a severely disabled child I would consider a termination, I have many severely handicapped clients and I love them, they are some of my favourites but the one thing I hear all the time is the parents worrying about what will happen to their child once they are no longer around for them, I'll end that comment by confirming I've never been pregnant and totally understand that my feelings may be very different if I found myself in this position.
Lastly I hate hearing about people using abortion as some kind of contraception and also people using abortion as a way of get attention and sympathy. I used to have a client who was overweight, she found out she was pregnant and had a termination at about 6-7 weeks and for months after she would moan about not being able to shift the baby weight, I found it funny that she blamed a pregnancy that never got to 8 weeks on her weight!

I am pro choice. I also think the higher limit should be reduced to 12-16 weeks, unless there are extenuating circumstances, health of mother/baby etc. My second daughter started to come at 24 weeks. I was taken into hospital & shown around SCBU! What a shock. (I was in active labour for 3 days but was fed a mixture of medication which stopped the labour, but caused her to have Cerebral Palsy). The babies in the unit where tiny but fighting for their little lives. That's why the higher limit has to dropped.

The only issue I have is with ladies that treat abortion like contraception. I had a client who was only in her early 20's & had already had 4 terminations. That is irresponsible.

I have four children. I too am a great believer in not judging others until you have stood in their shoes.

I understand everyone has their own views and this is a very subjective and emotive topic.

But I have to say, I really take issue with comments like "I don't judge anyone except...."

It's not down to anyone to judge other people, ever. Whether you agree with their decision or not is irrelevant; because it's not you that has to live with it.

I agree that they should only be carried until 12wks, unless medical reasons,

However

Then there would be other questions,

Would this lead to more children in care?
More children neglected?
Backstreet clinics performing illegal abortions?

I agree that they should only be carried until 12wks, unless medical reasons,

However

Then there would be other questions,

Would this lead to more children in care?
More children neglected?
Backstreet clinics performing illegal abortions?

Just out of interest why 12 weeks? A fetous usually has a heartbeat at 7 weeks..

Im am pro choice ,the 24 week limit should stay where it is ,you can not account for peoples circumstance ,

but I do believe serial abortionist should be made to have a more permanent for of contraception like the implant to cut back on unwanted pregnancy.

You can not force someone to be pregnant if they don't want to be ,this will cause more problems.

And also iv said this before and I will say it again the world is over populated and we need to think of cutting back the amount of babys we are having ,so no point in have unwanted people .

I have never been pregnant and don't know if I can be ,but if I can the most I will have is 2 ,i don't think anyone should have more than 2 and no one take this personally because its not to do with being able to look after more children it to do with not killing the planet nothing else,no afence to anyone how has more just think we need to start thinking about this too,

My sister is a midwife so I know about the early baby being keep alive its not always a good thing just because scientists say it can be done . :'(

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Just out of interest why 12 weeks? A fetous usually has a heartbeat at 7 weeks..

Not everyone finds out at 4 weeks,
For some people it's not an easy decision, so need some thought.

Im am pro choice ,the 24 week limit should stay where it is ,you can not account for peoples circumstance ,

but I do believe serial abortionist should be made to have a more permanent for of contraception like the implant to cut back on unwanted pregnancy.

You can not force someone to be pregnant if they don't want to be ,this will cause more problems.

And also iv said this before and I will say it again the world is over populated and we need to think of cutting back the amount of babys we are having ,so no point in have unwanted people .

I have never been pregnant and don't know if I can be ,but if I can the most I will have is 2 ,i don't think anyone should have more than 2 and no one take this personally because its not to do with being able to look after more children it to do with not killing the planet nothing else,no afence to anyone how has more just think we need to start thinking about this too,

My sister is a midwife so I know about the early baby being keep alive its not always a good thing just because scientists say it can be done . :'(

I actually do take offence to that. I will have as many children as I like! I support them financially and we have a very low carbon footprint. I donts receive any government assistance so if I chose to go ahead and not abort my final baby ( she was unplanned) then I shouldn't be made to!

I understand everyone has their own views and this is a very subjective and emotive topic.

But I have to say, I really take issue with comments like "I don't judge anyone except...."

It's not down to anyone to judge other people, ever. Whether you agree with their decision or not is irrelevant; because it's not you that has to live with it.

Sorry sal maybe I worded my reply wrong, certain people's actions just surprise me as I don't think there's much excuse, in my eyes one abortion is an accident, two hmmm? Three plus is just plain irresponsible in my eyes.

I don't comment much on controversial issues as it tugs on my heart strings and I get too emotional (I'm just a cry baby really).

My views vary all the time depending on different situations, I'm not against abortion, and I don't have an option on a time scale as I don't know enough information to give a strong valid argument.

All I know is personal experience from people around me, and every persons situation is different.

Like said unless you have been in the same position you can't really comment. Xxx

Medically a fetous has a heartbeat at 18 days. Xxx it can be detected by ultrasound at around 5 weeks now! The wonder of science

If a woman is legally allowed to have 4 abortions... Women have the right to have as many children as they want. I have 4. I didn't take your comments personally because I don't know you but we live in the western world... Where we have a choice!

I actually do take offence to that. I will have as many children as I like! I support them financially and we have a very low carbon footprint. I donts receive any government assistance so if I chose to go ahead and not abort my final baby ( she was unplanned) then I shouldn't be made to!

Just thinking of the bigger picture ,we are killing this planet and the best easiest way to fix it is to cut the population ,can stop you from being offended by my opinion ,im the youngest of 3 and my one of sisters has 3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back