BBC- the great abortion divide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomme

Reaction score
What is everyone's abortion view?

Mine is that if the person is incapable of caring for a child then they should be allowed to abort, incapable being mentally, physically or health.
Rape would Come under mentally incapable (would they be able to love the child?) physically being the likes of someone with no arms or legs etc... Who felt they were incapable or had a disability they wouldn't want anyone else to live with. Health, its a large one, someone who may be ill and dying, drug users etc...

I would like to see a forced abortion for anyone who has been convicted of child abuse along with their bits sewn up or ripped out (slowly and painfully not like a normal op, just as I would like to see men who have abused to have their bits cut off with an eating knife or nail choppers, again for the slow and painful reasons. Slightly evil but not as evil as what they have done)

Please post below xoxo

As I have got older I have become more accepting of other people's choices.
Personally I always said I could never do it but I have been told that I risk dying should I fall pregnant again so I'm affraid I would have to have an abortion to be around for the children I have.
However, my partner is sterilised so not gonna happen..I hope.
However, having seen my friend go through IVF and then the pain of being told she would never get pregnant oh and that she is too old to adopt?!?!? At 43! I think more people should consider adoption over abortion x

this will always be an incredibly emotive subject, i wholeheartedly agree that everyone should have a right to choose, who gave other people the divine right to judge another? i turned the programme over, the man campaigning outside the clinic infuriated me, i'm sure the last thing a woman who has made such a hard decision needs is to be faced by a man advocating pro life as a right. everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not to force them down the throats of someone who is already in a vulnerable state xxx

My opinions have also changed alot about this over the years, when I was young and niave

Ok Iv decided not to comment just now, I find it upsetting!!
Can't delete

Sorry folks

this will always be an incredibly emotive subject, i wholeheartedly agree that everyone should have a right to choose, who gave other people the divine right to judge another? i turned the programme over, the man campaigning outside the clinic infuriated me, i'm sure the last thing a woman who has made such a hard decision needs is to be faced by a man advocating pro life as a right. everyone is entitled to their own opinions but not to force them down the throats of someone who is already in a vulnerable state xxx

I don't know what it was about him but I really want to go to where they are, look them in the eye and let out one of my ear piercing screams for as long as I can over and over again.

This thread also blends with the religion one, but what I would like to ask the people who say no for a religious reason is where in their religious texts does it say abortion is not allowed? Xoxo

I think everyone is entitled to an abortion wether it be because of health reasons, rape or simply being too young or not being financially stable to bring up a child.
You can take all the contraception you like but sometimes things happen and you become pregnant.

Although, I do believe 24 weeks is a long time and it probably should be shortened to 20, unless it needs to be done for medical/heath reasons.

Havent seen the program though, ive got this bloody Richard the third program on...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I think everyone is entitled to an abortion wether it be because of health reasons, rape or simply being too young or not being financially stable to bring up a child.
You can take all the contraception you like but sometimes things happen and you become pregnant.

Although, I do believe 24 weeks is a long time and it probably should be shortened to 20, unless it needs to be done for medical/heath reasons.

Havent seen the program though, ive got this bloody Richard the third program on...

I totally agree.

I'm 21 weeks pregnant now.
I have a bump, my baby moves and kicks... It has all its features just very small.
It's a human being, how can people still be able to abort upto 24 weeks?!

But it's also a very tough and brave decision for woman to make.

It should definitely be reduced.xx

Personally I feel even 20 weeks is loo late, it should be 16. Having seen my other friend fighting to save her little boy at23 weeks..

This is embarrassing and please don't judge me , but I was anti abortion the thought made my skin crawl until I got pregnant at 15 ! I knew straightaway in my heart I was a kid myself and would not be a fit mother so I had an abortion I was 5 weeks gone and I don't regret it as it was right for me at the time , I was stupid and naive and learnt a valuable lesson ! So I never ever judge anyone because until you have been in their shoes we don't know what's right or wrong , abortion to me was wrong until it happened to me I was sooo ashamed and still am a bit but I have two beautiful girls now and I am the best mum I can be to them sorry for the bloody novel XxXx

I thought long and hard before deciding to comment. I shall accept that my views will not be that of everyone else. I also accept individual circumstances should be considered. BUT. Everyone whether they use protection or not knows that there is a small risk that a pregnancy could occur. I'm of the mind that should you be responsible enough to acknowledge that fact then your responsible enough to deal with the consequences.

I don't think abortion should be allowed under any circumstance. I appreciate the rape issues but I am of the belief that a child does not choose to be born or created.

Ok so I imagine a few of you are shaking your heads but I cannot and will not change my mind. Losing a child is something I can never describe how painful both mentally and physically it is fully. So yes this has had an impact on my feelings. However I just can't imagine why anyone feels they have a right to abort a living thing.

24 weeks! 20 weeks! My god i am a mum of 4 and I can't tolerate this!

Abortion will however always be legal now. I would like to have abortions limited to 1 per woman whether that's NHS or private! Unless its for health reasons.

I don't want an argument. I'm sure considering there are thousands of women on this site that there will be a percentage that have gone through an abortion and I can only say I feel for what you must have gone through but I cannot say I agree with it xxx

I thought long and hard before deciding to comment. I shall accept that my views will not be that of everyone else. I also accept individual circumstances should be considered. BUT. Everyone whether they use protection or not knows that there is a small risk that a pregnancy could occur. I'm of the mind that should you be responsible enough to acknowledge that fact then your responsible enough to deal with the consequences.

I don't think abortion should be allowed under any circumstance. I appreciate the rape issues but I am of the belief that a child does not choose to be born or created.

Ok so I imagine a few of you are shaking your heads but I cannot and will not change my mind. Losing a child is something I can never describe how painful both mentally and physically it is fully. So yes this has had an impact on my feelings. However I just can't imagine why anyone feels they have a right to abort a living thing.

Abortion will however always be legal now. I would like to have abortions limited to 1 per woman whether that's NHS or private! Unless its for health reasons.

I don't want an argument. I'm sure considering there are thousands of women on this site that there will be a percentage that have gone through an abortion and I can only say I feel for what you must have gone through but I cannot say I agree with it xxx

We all have opinions and we are free to voice them xx

you have the right to express your opinion as much as everyone else, its definitely a hard subject to debate xxx
i completely agree that 24 (or 20 for that matter) is much too late

I know a little girl who was born at 23 weeks , I found I knew straight away what was right for me , I couldn't carry a child for 5 months then have an abortion x

I'm glad there are other sides here, I just hope there aren't people who will jump down your throat for it and end up causing arguments.

I agree we should all have our own choices, its just the ones who were stood outside the clinics protesting it, I can't help but think what kind of life does their children have, you disagree with them but spend your time taking care of your children, they disagree but neglect theirs to push their view down others throats. Xoxo

This is embarrassing and please don't judge me , but I was anti abortion the thought made my skin crawl until I got pregnant at 15 ! I knew straightaway in my heart I was a kid myself and would not be a fit mother so I had an abortion I was 5 weeks gone and I don't regret it as it was right for me at the time , I was stupid and naive and learnt a valuable lesson ! So I never ever judge anyone because until you have been in their shoes we don't know what's right or wrong , abortion to me was wrong until it happened to me I was sooo ashamed and still am a bit but I have two beautiful girls now and I am the best mum I can be to them sorry for the bloody novel XxXx

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed Lydia, like I said its such a brave decision to make.
Everything happens for a reason.xx

I agree that abortions are given out too freely. I know someone who has had 4!! One of which was a second trimester, she was all for keeping the baby, even had scan at 12 and 16 weeks but then she fell out with the dad so had an abortion :(
I would rather see a 13 year old girl, raped by her uncle, have an abortion then be forces to carry a child that she is not physically or mentally prepared to carry.

Don't be embarrassed or ashamed Lydia, like I said its such a brave decision to make.
Everything happens for a reason.xx

Thanks Hun its just a very opinionated topic Xx

i was completely against abortion up until i was in the situation myself last year. i became pregnant although i was on contaceptive and have been since i was 14. i have been with my partner 2 1/2 years, im 19 he's 23 and we both still live at home with our parents. We both had the same views, and feel it would be unfair to bring a baby into the world that we couldnt support financially or emotionally. Its a big commitment and we just werent ready for it. i feel it was the best choice for me, and my partner. however i have alot of respect for other peoples views on the topic and its one of the hardest choices a woman, in some cases has to make in life

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

i was completely against abortion up until i was in the situation myself last year. i became pregnant although i was on contaceptive and have been since i was 14. i have been with my partner 2 1/2 years, im 19 he's 23 and we both still live at home with our parents. We both had the same views, and feel it would be unfair to bring a baby into the world that we couldnt support financially or emotionally. Its a big commitment and we just werent ready for it. i feel it was the best choice for me, and my partner. however i have alot of respect for other peoples views on the topic and its one of the hardest choices a woman, in some cases has to make in life

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I know exactly how you feel x

There is a saying, don't judge until you have walked a mile in the other person's shoes!
The older you get the more you see this.
But of course we all have different views ect but thinking that dose make me think twice before I judge :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back