Beauty girl being sly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy195

Reaction score
hi all i rent a space in a hairdressers doing nails two beauty girls have just moved into the room downstairs the owner of the salon told them that they could not do nails mani / pedi as i do them they got some flyers done saying manicure / pedicure but i just let it go then i've noticed there doing shellac and rockstar not only that i've just found out the they have been usin my desk when i've not been in i would not mind but yesterday a client wanted a glitter that i never had but the beauty girl did i asked her if i could borrow it and she said she'd left it at home only to find out that she did a client with it later that day not only that but shes talking about me to clients and the staff i don't no what to say any help please :( x :mad:

Tell the salon manager

And get a proper typed contract set up if they sign it and break to rules there breaking the law xxxx

yeh i agree tell the salon manager/ owner, do not take it into your own hands and don't let it turn into a bitchy squabble, don't stoop to their level. chin up :D xx

the salon owner is on hoilday for 3 weeks i got a friend to ring the salon today as a client and asked for nails the beauty girl come on the phone and said that she does them so my friend said she wanted me the beauty girl then said well she's no very good .I'm now boiling as i've been doing nails for ten years and shes only just started doing this the girl is really pissing me off now its getting to the point where i don't want to go to work as shes tryin to put people off me . I need to say somthink to her but i still need to be professional any ideas of what to say oh and my client as just told me she went for her hair doing today only to find this girl sat at my desk using my stuff doing a client :mad:

Well say something to her then. That's not on! I don't think I'd worry about being professional to someone taking the pi** out of me.
Tell her shes not to use your stuff end of! Then wait for the manager to get back to discuss the issues of her bad mouthing you. Xx

Is there no way you can lock your stuff away or take it home for now until the salon owner back?

Lol I would struggle to be professional at that point I would of strung her up lol.

How dare she,that's the problem with girls these days,so mouthy and bitchy I can't stand it. I'm only 24 but girls younger than me think they are something else these days(not all mind)

Stand up for yourself,never be a walk over,don't let her use your products,don't let her sit at your station.reading it makes my blood boil so I can imagine how you are feeling.

X x x

Address this immediately with her!! You cant stop people bad mouthing you - but using your nail station and products :mad:. My nail bar is also in a hairdressing salon and EVERY member of staff knows not to dare touch anything on it if I'm not there. I'm so protective of my 'nail stuff' thats it's now a long standing joke. Seriously this is your business, thoses products are to be treated with respect. I'd have absolutely no hesitation in giving someone a firm warning. Make sure your boss knows everything and about how unhappy you are. xx

hiya, i can imagine this is really difficult for u at the moment so chin up hunn,

I would personally make a note of everytime she uses your desk/items and also check your stock levels everyday. I would then take my diary of events to the owner and raise these issues with her.

I'm not a confrontational person so i wouldnt say anything to this other girl plus if you did say somethinng in the long run would the situation become too uncomfortable for you and possibly lead to you having to find other premisses to work from?

Is there no way of taking certain things home with you? If you do this tho make sure you tell the owner why you are taking things home and how much of a burden it is for you having to work with such un-professional people!

Let us know how things pan-out hunn and please as someone said before talk to the owner and draw up a contract for both yourself and relating to other people within the building! :lol:

That's a horrible situation to be in. I've been there myself and have now given up the room I rented and have to go mobile again because of this. Hope you get it sorted hun x

thanks guys i'm trying to keep my cool coz if i say owt to her i wont stop i'm gunna set a trap and let her fall right in it then the boss can see her for what she is . I'll let you all no what happens

ask as many friends as poss to call her for appointments, get ur mates to write down the time of call and what she has said to ur friends, get ur friends to ask about u (annonimously)

then if she says the same to ur mates, ask ur owner to call in the same manner, the owner has already made things clear in terms of services she can provide and the owner sounds like she is on ur side :lol:

You need to nip this in the bud.

Speak to the owner about it all as soon as she gets back to work.

How awful for you. I would keep a diary as already suggested and maybe see if you can discretely get someone to take photos. Basically obtain as much evidence you can to give to the salon owner. I am wondering if you can record a call made from one of your friends. Not sure of the legalities of that.

xx

What a horrible situation you are in and it's not helping that your manager is away at the moment as speaking to her first would naturally be your first point of contact. However i think under the circumstances i would go to this girl direct. It doesn't need to be confrontational at all, just say that you wish to speak to her at a convenient time for both of you as you have some issues that need to be addressed. I personally think waiting three weeks for your manager to return is too long to wait. This is your business hun and you need to protect it. I have to say as a consumer mind if i rang a salon and i heard a therapist bad mouthing another therapist i wouldn't book with this girl, to be honest i wouldn't book in the salon at all. You've done your research via your friend and have heard what she is saying about you. I would personally not get anyone else to ring up now as it could get messy. Call a meeting with this girl and nip it in the bud. Keep calm and to the point but don't let this carry on. No one needs to lose their temper or say things out of turn, god knows you must be feeling all manner of things inside, but often silly little girls who play these desperate games often crumble when they are spoken to in a calm and professional manner and called out on it.
Don't ever let this girl make you dread working there, this is your business hun and your commitment. Good luck to you hun and keep us posted.
Love n hugs

ps in the mean time find somewhere to store your kit away from her and bring up at the meeting you will not have her using your products. And a little reminder that she shouldn't be offering the same services as you is also very much worth a mention. Take charge of the situation lovely x x x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back