Beautyguild Photographic Nail Competitions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Guild

Reaction score
With the disappointment of there being no nail competitions at Professional Beauty North, the Guild have decided to run two photographic nail competitions of our own.

The competitions are free to enter and there is no restriction on the number of entries per person.

Pink & White Competition
We are looking for the perfect set of Pink & White nails. These can be done using any system and can be natural nails or tips. Entrants must complete one hand only on a live model. No nail trainers can be used.

Nail Art Competition
The theme of the nail art competition is 'Taste Of The Orient'. The entry can be produced using any system and can be natural nails or tips. Entrants must complete one hand only on a live model. No nail trainers can be used, and no 3D art will be accepted.

Competitions are a great way to get your work seen and for practice and feedback. Not only this, but the winners will receive their own special Beautyguild Trophy which they can display in their salon, and there will also be other prizes available.

The closing date for entries to be submitted is September 19th 2008, and all entries will be judged by a specially invited panel of industry experts. Winners will be announced on September 26th 2008, and all entries will be displayed on the Beautyguild.com website. A list of judges will be announced shortly.

To enter, you should submit a high quality photograph. All entries will be subject to blind judging, so photographs should not include any name or identification. All entrants and models should be aged 16 or over. All work should be original, and no copyright or watermarked images will be accepted.

You do not have to be a Guild Member to enter, and can be a qualified nail technician or a student. 'Before' images are not necessary, we only need the image of the completed nails.

All entries must be submitted electronically by email or CD. The entry must be accompanied by your name, address, job title, email, phone number, and the name of the competition you are entering.

Entries should be emailed to [email protected], and the name of the competition you are entering should be included in the subject line. CD’s should be addressed to the name of the competition you are entering, and sent to Guild House, 320 Burton Road, Derby, DE23 6AF.

If you have any further questions, please post them here, or PM me.

Last edited:
Please describe 3D. Some people call embossed 3D. Cheers

Just to clarify, is it competition style pink & white, or salon style pink & white?

woooo hoooooo.......i may not have had the guts to enter the show comps but i will give this a try!!!!!!!! yay!!!
Oh and the same question as lil linz!!
xx

are there placings? eg: 1st,2nd,3rd? and is it like the last one ? where you can enter as many times as you want?? not that Id have time :lol:

Ooo what are the other prizes too ? :lol:

Looking forward to this,not that I stand much chance against some of the skilled peeps on here,,

grafix girl ,,please, please, dont enter :lol::lol::lol: ( only kidding :hug: )

For the nail art comp , does that mean we can do an encased design on the nails ?

hazel

grafix girl ,,please, please, dont enter :lol::lol::lol: ( only kidding :hug: )

:lol: I dont think I'd win hun, there is waaaay too many brilliant geeks on here that could easily bet me. But thank you for the compliment.:hug:

Louisa, does this mean that we cannot sculpt if it is NNO or tips?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok, I shall try and answer everything.

1. Embossed nail art will not be counted as 3D.
  2. It is competition style Pink & White
  3. Placings will depend on the number of prizes donated - these are yet to be confirmed.
  4. You are free to enter either category (or both) as many times as you wish.
  5. Yes, you can do an encased design.
  6. Yes, you should all have a go!!!!
Hope that answers it all, if I've missed anything, give me a nudge. :)

I would like to say how good of The Guild for supporting the nail techs with a new photo comp. The Guilds photographc comp sounds like a great competition to enter and i am sure will be a great sucess.

The PB nail comp at Manchester has now been re-instated so you can now also enter that to.

I would like to say how good of The Guild for supporting the nail techs with a new photo comp. The Guilds photographc comp sounds like a great competition to enter and i am sure will be a great sucess.

Thanks Rachel. We know how much the comps mean to all you guys, and couldn't have you all missing out. Plus they're great fun to run!

The PB nail comp at Manchester has now been re-instated so you can now also enter that to.

Thanks Rachel. We know how much the comps mean to all you guys, and couldn't have you all missing out. Plus they're great fun to run!

2 Comps. This will be fun. Even though I'm not entering, I love the comps and seeing the results. Thank you Rachel and The Guild for your efforts!

oooooooooo I AM SOOOO IN !
I can't wait actually I need something to get my teeth into...
I agree a big thankyou to the guild for doing this.

And what fab news about manchester !

ooooo exciting :lol:

Last edited:
I am in Australia... Am I allowed to have a go?... I have never done anything like this before...

If not is there an australia comp..does anyone know...

Sorry if this is a daft question, i've never entered any competitions before but are decals and/or gems allowed?

I am in Australia... Am I allowed to have a go?... I have never done anything like this before...

If not is there an australia comp..does anyone know...

Yes, you are more than welcome to take part, there are no geographical restrictions.

Sorry if this is a daft question, i've never entered any competitions before but are decals and/or gems allowed?

Not a daft question at all. You can use embellishments such as gems, however, we cannot allow decals.

I am presuming not, but can custom blending be used for the pink and white to extend nail beds ?

Hi another question - can other items be incorporated into the image- such as holding an item for example?

Emms, no we can't include custom blending.

Ylloh - you can include anything you lik in the picture, although the jusdging will be on the basis of the nails.

Latest posts

Back