Being under cut on minx prices by a minx trainer, your opinions please..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minxymax

Reaction score
Hi!

Something is really bothering me and i want to ask your opinion on it...

A few months ago, i went to a minx training day where i spent roughly £350, on minx and a lamp... I have since spent another £300. The training was ok, they didnt charge anything for it, explained to all us the recommended retail price of the minx etc.. said to us that they charge up to £40, anything less was ridicuous etc because it was high end product etc...

The girl that organises the trainig for minx, is also a distributor of it etc and she owns a salon across the road....

Well today i have had it brought to my attention that another advert has been put in a local high end magazine... i had seen last months one and was a bit cheesed of as she had done a special offer of £30 but thought, oh well typical!! Well today i have been shown a new advert and this one, shes advertising them for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone explain to me how a distributor of a product, that is supposed to be an educator etc can then go and undercut everyone in the area (large area cos of the advert) by half price???????!!!!!!!!
In my opinion it is a total conflict of interests and i am totally cheesed off!!!
My husband has a distribution company of kitchens and worktops that is like him selling everything cheaper to retail customers and then the trade customers cant make any money?????? Its completely wrong and it is really bad business practise!!!

I just thought i would get it off my chest!!!

Not a happy bunny!!!!!

Opinions please!!!!!

Hmmm. I see where you're coming from. Just for clarification though, £40 for a set of Minx will be very high. Maybe early days when people were still finding out about it - but I would say the average across the country is £20-£25 per application.

I would be cross if I was advised to charge 40 quid for a treatment and then when the trainer undercut me, told to charge 20 instead. Can totally see where your coming from.

Yup, we will resolve on Monday. Best to give us a heads up on issues like this direct. Only reason I caught this was because of the work I am doing on the site tonight.

ur input into this situation would be appreciated!!!

Yep interesting subject!!
I'm jumping on the bandwagon here because I've been doing minx now for a year and now the trend is catching on for those in the " beauty industry" I've had lots of enquiries from them about training and swapping info!!
By training I mean they would like ME to train them!!!
They are undercutting me by a tenner , cant get the hang of it and would like to get the gen offa me :eek: Hmm I dont think sooo!
No 1 , why the bl**%& hell should or would I ?
No 2 What a goddam cheek !!!
No 3 Who exactly would be qualified to train in minx as when I started I dont think there actually WERE any courses ?
I would assume though it would only be a CND ambassador/trainer and a certificate of competence would be provided if you paid for a course?
Oh and No 4 I thought the sole UK distibution rights were sweet squared??!!!
Is this chik a CND babe making a quick buck on the fact that she has an account with S2 then selling on at a profit to those who dont? HHMMM :confused:
Geed is the 1 word that springs to mind here I'm afaid.
I'm stopping now before I start !!!!
Its for the best I promise!!!
Anyways would be interested on other views and will keep track of this post
Well done for bringing it to light xxx
Oh and dont get mad get EVEN !!!!!
Hugs from Jayneym xxx
Oh and PS We ALL know that such a gr8 product is going to be hot and quite rightly so but lets have some decorum on a proffessional level PLEASE !

We are the Master Distributer for Minx in the UK (just like CND) and have partners that we work through to provide local distribution. This is a partner of our that legitimately distributes but also owns a salon as another business. It is the salon that is offering Minx below the local average. We will be resolving this on Monday.

Well I thank you for taking on board this matter as the issue I and countless numbers of proffessional technicains feel this is.
Being an extremely proud CND trained technician I am very loyal to the company and have invested money in products and training and feel as a governing body S2 / CND should try at least to monitor the situation and act accordingly.
Difficult as this maybe unfortunately.
I have been approached myself to train in minx application and could have taken the money and run - but hey - thats not my place - I'm not an abassador and take my proffession seriously.
I'm sure I speak loudly for all those who have invested in S2 /CND.
I for 1 am grateful to be involved with a company who are at the forefront of the industry and brought Minx to our doorstep. I have faith they will be there when the next revolusionary product is launched.
Thats what makes them who they are.
Think seriously in what you've invested in - dont forget what goes around comes around
Jayneym

I suppose what I'm actually trying to say is dont S*%& on your own doorstep as we say in Wales!
Much love to all
Jayneym:hug:

Hey there,

We aren't a governing body and can't stop people from training with products they purchased from us. We do endeavour to ensure that we only sell to those with a minimum level of qualification, but apart from that, I really don't understand what you're asking/saying/expecting?

Remember, Minx and CND are two totally different lines, brought to you (with love and respect) by S2 :)

I was advised by my cnd educator that between £20 and £25 is about average I would imagine it differs between areas, but imo £40 seems steep. I think if I were to go to a cnd master to have my nails done then I would pay a bit more, less if by trainee, was there no small print saying trainee or newley qualified??

We all know oct nov quiet month. Maybe was a way to get new clients in her salon but not herself doing minx app??? Just a thought xxx

surely if she can do them at this price and still make profits then whats the problem?
techs are always cutting prices to be competetive?
as ong as she is doing the job right then that should surfice??
no one has a right to tell people how much they HAVE to charge just a rrp

just seems weird if i had a salon near you woud i have to charge a certain price for all my treatments to to make you happy?
sorry i just dont understand this thread as surely its up to the individual how much they charge

I understand what you are saying, ie - who should have the right to tell anyone what to charge etc etc... But my point is, is the fact that it is a supplier of minx and a trainer of creative that is then advertising the product at such a low price.... I understand that in alot of places the prices really do vary alot, because of the amount of people that are doing MINX. But in the area that i am talking about the going rate is roughly £25 -£40. So for the trainer (her business across the road)to then advertise at £20 is bad business practise...
The reason i put this on here was beacause i felt very let down that this was happening. Thankfully it is going to be looked into....

We are all entitled to our own opinion but like jaynem has said its not good to do it on our own doorstep!!!

max x

FWIW, It is apparently a misprint and supposed to be £30 as that is what they are charging.

mmmmmmmmm

Hi!

Something is really bothering me and i want to ask your opinion on it...

A few months ago, i went to a minx training day where i spent roughly £350, on minx and a lamp... I have since spent another £300. The training was ok, they didnt charge anything for it, explained to all us the recommended retail price of the minx etc.. said to us that they charge up to £40, anything less was ridicuous etc because it was high end product etc...

The girl that organises the trainig for minx, is also a distributor of it etc and she owns a salon across the road....

Well today i have had it brought to my attention that another advert has been put in a local high end magazine... i had seen last months one and was a bit cheesed of as she had done a special offer of £30 but thought, oh well typical!! Well today i have been shown a new advert and this one, shes advertising them for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please someone explain to me how a distributor of a product, that is supposed to be an educator etc can then go and undercut everyone in the area (large area cos of the advert) by half price???????!!!!!!!!
In my opinion it is a total conflict of interests and i am totally cheesed off!!!
My husband has a distribution company of kitchens and worktops that is like him selling everything cheaper to retail customers and then the trade customers cant make any money?????? Its completely wrong and it is really bad business practise!!!

I just thought i would get it off my chest!!!

Not a happy bunny!!!!!

Opinions please!!!!!

Not sure what the point of requoting yourself was. I am passing on the info I got today, that it was a misprint which does fit in with your quote:

i had seen last months one and was a bit cheesed of as she had done a special offer of £30 but thought, oh well typical!! Well today i have been shown a new advert and this one, shes advertising them for £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

well mistakes can happen!! Its just a shame that the damage has been done and the magazines are out there advertising them for £20... So if any clients ring them trying to book them for £20, what will they do?
I hope that this thread will help other nail techs if theyre ever in the same situation!!!!! ...

I think this will open a complete can of worms!
Unfortunately there are people out there who will see this as a green light to train and trade in ANY products they can purchase from S2!
That being the case the CND ambassador status , CND qualifications and S2 will be completely devalued in my opinion.
Minx is an entity in its own right and will eventually end up on ebay as does everything else , but not with an endorsement from the sole uk suppliers and one of their ambassadors surely?
You cant govern the masses I agree ,but you can govern those who hold a position within the company and have a conflict of interests shall we say.
Lets look after a great product , a great company and keep the highest standards as long as we can in a proffessional manner.
Jayneym

Hey there,

We aren't a governing body and can't stop people from training with products they purchased from us. We do endeavour to ensure that we only sell to those with a minimum level of qualification, but apart from that, I really don't understand what you're asking/saying/expecting?

Remember, Minx and CND are two totally different lines, brought to you (with love and respect) by S2 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this will open a complete can of worms!
Unfortunately there are people out there who will see this as a green light to train and trade in ANY products they can purchase from S2!
That being the case the CND ambassador status , CND qualifications and S2 will be completely devalued in my opinion.
Minx is an entity in its own right and will eventually end up on ebay as does everything else , but not with an endorsement from the sole uk suppliers and one of their ambassadors surely?
You cant govern the masses I agree ,but you can govern those who hold a position within the company and have a conflict of interests shall we say.
Lets look after a great product , a great company and keep the highest standards as long as we can in a proffessional manner.
Jayneym

I think it has been made QUITE CLEAR earlier in the thread that S2 have taken care of the error and that is was a misprint not a deliberate act. I don't think you need worry about S2 looking after their professionals' interests ... after all it is the whole culture of the company ... it is where they LIVE, as has been made clear for 25 years now.

the CND trainer/distributor you are talking about is just that, a trainer and distributor. She is entitled to do whatever she wants with her business! i dont see what your point is, are you annoyed at her prices or the fact that she is a distributor and also does minx treatments?? so you cant handle a little competition?? offer them cheaper yourself and problem solved, we all know what minx cost and know that a profit can be made. I really feel your comments are putting S2/CND in a bad light and that is just unfair as they are one of the best companies I have known, hence their 'with love and respect' tagline!!

Latest posts

Back