Best brow tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Is there a lash and brow tint that is streets above any other? I'm looking for true colour and staying power.
Thank you. xxx

I had asked something similar a wee while ago i'll try and find the link x

Found It: Best Tints

I use Permalash Kim and I love it xx

We used Ellisons and Salon Systems at college. IMO, eyelashes lasted maybe 10 days and brows a week at most. Take into consideration, however, that we were working on eachother constantly, ie. make-up on, make-up off, cleanse, exfoliate, tweeze mask, cleanse again, blah blah blah! So, perhaps these systems were placed under rigorous beauty treatments.

Good thread Kimmi and I will be interested in the answers too.

I like refectocil or permalash... bit dearer but they do seem to take quicker,have a stronger colour and last longer both in the tube and on the client.
When paying a bit more, just be more frugal when mixing... how many of us end up wiping most of the tint out of the dish after tinting because we haven't used it?..only mix what you need.

Hi I like Refectocil - but I think it also helps to use cream peroxide. I read a long time ago that it is more stable and lasts longer plus I think that it helps the tint to "cling" to the lashes better thus giving a better result. :)

The only ones iv used is salon systems at college which i thought was crap, i use Hive now and found it to be fine.Im interested though if there is better out there in staying power! x

Hi I like Refectocil - but I think it also helps to use cream peroxide. I read a long time ago that it is more stable and lasts longer plus I think that it helps the tint to "cling" to the lashes better thus giving a better result. :)

Oh i might try that as i use the liquid x

Thanks guys. xx

I use ellisons.

the problem with brow tinting is everyone has been taught to put it on and take it back off in a few seconds. well this isnt giving the tint time to develop, so you cant expect it to last. it is merely staining the hair instead of actually changing the colour.

i have clients that have brown on their brows, but we leave it on for the same time as their lash tint, 10 mins. yes it goes a darker brown, which is the result they want anyway, but it lasts for the 4 - 5 weeks till they are ready to come back with very little fading.

once they have it done regularly it will last even longer and if they come every 4-5 weeks they wont really notce it fading out at all.

if they want a lighter brown the tint still needs to be left on a few mnutes, but they should come back sooner to get it topped up then they will get the same consitent colour week to week but without having to go too dark.

I know one therapist that used hair tints, in all different shades. so she can have a dark blonde light brown med brown etc. personally i wouldnt, but she has never had a problem dong it dont think. I cant really imagine the tint is much different, i think its just the lower strength peroxide that makes the diff, as we are only adding colour so dont need a strong one.

I have always used Hive which seems to be fine.. I always add a touch of grey to the brown as the brown is too reddy otherwise.... but I tend to put brows on then take off after a min.... and then reaply if they don't look dark enough.

If I was to change brands... I take it I would have to patch test all my eye treatment clients again then?

I have pondered on the refectocil before .... but not sure it would give me that much different benefits?

Which one are you thinking of going with Kim?

I have always found the best results with Permalash. lashes look great if you mix the blue and blue-black together.

Latest posts

Back