Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other weird thing is how just a few suppliers are being discussed, with the majority of them being rather irrelevant anyway. There has never been mention of brands that have stood the test of time, nor has there been mention of some really good places to get hair that have lots of stock, quick delivery, functional websites etc.
The other thing that is beyond ridiculous is the aftercare discussion. If a client uses, say, Kerastase or Pureology, they can use that stuff on the extensions as well, they don't need to buy the cheapo Options Ltd stuff. If a client's hair is problematic enough for them to have to use medicated products/anti-hair loss products etc then extensions shouldn't be fitted anyway. Hair vendors just resell Options products with their own logo on them to cover their backsides, that's all.
The other thing that few people seem to realize is that all sellers in the Uk buy from China ('we make packaging with your logo for free'). It's the same with tools for example, 1000 micro rings cost a third of what they would if bought over here, they have a huge variety of colors, and the stuff ships to the UK in three days. For free. It takes that long to ship from one end of London to the other with the Royal Snail, and it ain't free either!

When it comes to quality standards, I could very well imagine that they order once here, once there, sometimes maybe even just to check the quality for themselves, or because it's cheaper.

Another thing that I cannot understand is the fact that people slate hair from Afro shops, although a lot of good hair (good if we're talking mid-range budget) is being sold there, but prejudice makes people not want to buy it. And maybe also the lack of knowledge in regards to making their own bonds.

Sorry not being rude, but I'm not sure why you are quoting me. Can't quite tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing :confused: :/ some very valid points raised though about aftercare. Total marketing ploy, just another way for them to make money, and of course to disregard your claim of poor hair because you haven't bought the said products.

Sorry not being rude, but I'm not sure why you are quoting me. Can't quite tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing :confused: :/ some very valid points raised though about aftercare. Total marketing ploy, just another way for them to make money, and of course to disregard your claim of poor hair because you haven't bought the said products.

Haha you're not rude :) I quoted you because I agree with what you said regarding different standards and variations in the supply chain. I then just gave my two cents lol, but what you said is totally true.

Has anyone used aurora hair extensions? I received a sample of the 1g grade aaaa hair the other day and it seems lovely. They also do Vicki from Geordie Shores extensions and Miss Newcastle...which seems good?x

Does anyone have any experience with halo hair?

Does anyone have any experience with halo hair?

Omg don't get me started on them!!! Personally, my very first requirement when it comes to hair for extensions is that it must be double drawn. If hair is double drawn, 100g will give you an average full head of hair if sticking to resonable proportions relating to length of client hair vs length of hair extensions. When buying double drawn hair I have never needed '200 1g strands' to achieve a natural blended look.

So, because I was curious, I ordered some nail tips from Halo (20 inches in length), and when I got them there were about two hairs in each strand that measured 20", the rest was more like 12-16inch. Frankly, it doesn't get much worse. As for quality of the hair, there is nothing to discuss there anyway.

I emailed Halo to express my distaste, but never received a reply (well I didn't expect one tbh).

It would be good if people could refrain from using 'A'-gradings, they don't mean anything.

Thank you for feedback. I have my course in a few weeks so looking to find out as much information as possible. A local girl uses halo so I was interested to find out what everyone else thinks.

Can I ask what you use?

It would be good if people could refrain from using 'A'-gradings, they don't mean anything.

Oh my god..!!! Can't express how much I appreciate you on this thread..!! It is my absolute pet hate; this "Grade AAAA" buzz word people and companys use to sell. I would have said it earlier myself but could not be bothered with arguments people are willing to put up about things... Loving your input..!!

Oh my god..!!! Can't express how much I appreciate you on this thread..!! It is my absolute pet hate; this "Grade AAAA" buzz word people and companys use to sell. I would have said it earlier myself but could not be bothered with arguments people are willing to put up about things... Loving your input..!!

Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty easy to get into an argument here, therefore you never know whether it's better to shut up or say something after all. The problem with the 'A' gradings is that clients pick up on the existence of these and then go on to grill you, 'what grade is the hair?'. By the time you're done explaining, they have either fallen asleep or suspect you to be a fraud because you don't believe in quadruple a's.

Can I ask what you use?

As I said, first requirement- the hair must be double drawn. Then everything depends on the client, ie how much they want to spend, what color hair they have, what type of hair is needed to achieve a perfect match etc. For mid to dark hair I love love love Outre Velvet Virgin, whatever it is, the hair becomes better with washing. I buy quite often from additionallengths.co.uk. Another really good shop is shop4hair.co.uk.
While I can lift dark hair at a level 2 to a level 6 or maybe even 7 in some cases without damage there is nothing I can do for colors above that, and that's when the difficulties kick in, especially if someone wants silvery extensions.
As stated, I only ever use hair that I have bonded myself, therefore all the hair I buy is either in bulk or in wefts.
Another hair type that's not too bad is Beauty Works, but only the Celebrity choice range, and only at wholesale prices, if purchased retail it's a joke. I have also very successfully bought awesome hair on ebay, you just need to know who to buy from and what.
I am now looking into bulk buying from China, I ordered standard hair from there in the past and it was better than Halo for sure, as good as LushUs and many other brands that people on here seem to like, and all for a fraction of the price.

Being new to the industry could you tell me how else,apart from samples (as i have requested loads and only received any from aurora and foxy). I only want to offer the best I can at the most reasonable price, that all varies on client obv but how can I guarantee great hair without this grading system? I have only really looked at grade aaa and aaaa. When i emailed one company they said they don't use the grading system as their 'aa' could be another suppliers 'aaaa' which is fair enough. Also, all the extensionists in my area are clinging onto the grading system and therefore getting the business I might not when I start unless I use it also? I know that with time my reputation will be the thing that brings in the clientele but until then and whilst I build on my clientele how an i guarantee the best hair?

I value your opinion as I've seen you post on other threads and it be taken Out of hand just as u seem so passionate about it and people can't stand others opinions!!xx

Being new to the industry could you tell me how else,apart from samples (as i have requested loads and only received any from aurora and foxy). I only want to offer the best I can at the most reasonable price, that all varies on client obv but how can I guarantee great hair without this grading system? I have only really looked at grade aaa and aaaa. When i emailed one company they said they don't use the grading system as their 'aa' could be another suppliers 'aaaa' which is fair enough. Also, all the extensionists in my area are clinging onto the grading system and therefore getting the business I might not when I start unless I use it also? I know that with time my reputation will be the thing that brings in the clientele but until then and whilst I build on my clientele how an i guarantee the best hair?

I value your opinion as I've seen you post on other threads and it be taken Out of hand just as u seem so passionate about it and people can't stand others opinions!!xx

It's very much trial and error, and as such requires some spare finances in order to be able to buy a bundle hair that interests you. In general you get more for your money if buying wefts/bulk hair and making your own strands. All the suppliers and brands I mentioned further up are good and you can't go wrong with those.
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but as a rule of thumb all hair that comes prebonded, in quantities of 20/25 strands per pack and has a gold colored tie to hold the strands together is pretty much the same. You know one, you know them all.

Grrrrr. Really annoyed and upset. I just telephoned Tasha Jacks to talk about the substandard hair they sold me for a client. I had sent a sample of the hair back as the bottom 3-4" were dry, continually matting, full of long split ends and in really bad condition. Completely unacceptable for the price and it was a medium shade not even a blond.

Roger basically said that there was nothing wrong with the hair that a "conditioner" wouldn't fix! Does he think that I haven't used conditioner??? We have used Kerestase products, treatment, oil, etc all the standard care products.

I said to him that in order to hopefully bring the hair into acceptable condition it would need at least 3" chopped off. He just kept trying to block what I was saying by repeating what a successful company they are, he then contradicted himself. He kept trying to blame me for not knowing the difference between good hair and bad hair and then he tried blaming my client saying that "well I don't know what her lifestyle is do I". She is a middle aged completely regular lady - he was talking like she had some wierd lifestyle that damaged the hair!!!

He then told me to remove the whole lot and send it back for him to put conditioner on - but who is going to pay for the removal and reinstallation??? I've done nothing wrong, nor has my client so why should we have to pay for his error in selling substandard hair? I asked him, so who is going to pay for removal and refitting?? He said to me "I'm not a charity"!!! Ok so you sell me a horse's tail for hundreds of pounds and then tell me you're not a charity!!! Why should my business absorb the cost of his company's error??

He has sold me poor quality hair which I want to be replaced with proper quality hair which you'd expect for that price!!!! Why should me or my client have to incur further costs for something that is totally not her fault or mine - its just wrong! He should replace the hair with good quality hair and pay for the removal and re-fitting!

This is sad I have never used them and probably never will ,do they not know they bad news travel fast :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Grrrrr. Really annoyed and upset. I just telephoned Tasha Jacks to talk about the substandard hair they sold me for a client. I had sent a sample of the hair back as the bottom 3-4" were dry, continually matting, full of long split ends and in really bad condition. Completely unacceptable for the price and it was a medium shade not even a blond.

Roger basically said that there was nothing wrong with the hair that a "conditioner" wouldn't fix! Does he think that I haven't used conditioner??? We have used Kerestase products, treatment, oil, etc all the standard care products.

I said to him that in order to hopefully bring the hair into acceptable condition it would need at least 3" chopped off. He just kept trying to block what I was saying by repeating what a successful company they are, he then contradicted himself. He kept trying to blame me for not knowing the difference between good hair and bad hair and then he tried blaming my client saying that "well I don't know what her lifestyle is do I". She is a middle aged completely regular lady - he was talking like she had some wierd lifestyle that damaged the hair!!!

He then told me to remove the whole lot and send it back for him to put conditioner on - but who is going to pay for the removal and reinstallation??? I've done nothing wrong, nor has my client so why should we have to pay for his error in selling substandard hair? I asked him, so who is going to pay for removal and refitting?? He said to me "I'm not a charity"!!! Ok so you sell me a horse's tail for hundreds of pounds and then tell me you're not a charity!!! Why should my business absorb the cost of his company's error??

He has sold me poor quality hair which I want to be replaced with proper quality hair which you'd expect for that price!!!! Why should me or my client have to incur further costs for something that is totally not her fault or mine - its just wrong! He should replace the hair with good quality hair and pay for the removal and re-fitting!

Hi gk3,

Lo and behold just under 3 weeks after fitting the 22" TashaJacks hair I mentioned in my previous post, client has been in touch complaining of exactly the same issues you mentioned. And I've already cut a good 3" off!

Have spoken to Tasha on the phone about it. In all due respect she seemed genuinely concerned, helpful, friendly and non-defensive. Both Tasha and I questioned whether it is cuticle correct (i.e all hairs running root to tip) however if this was the case surely the problem with knotting and tangles would be evident down the entire strand? The problem my client is experiencing is only in the lower lengths. The upper half is absolutely fine. Beautiful in fact!

I've advised client to use nothing but professional quality intensive conditioning products, protein based sprays and serums / oils to see if this makes a difference. As I also have some of each colour I fitted that is completely unused, uncut and in the same state it was sent to me that I'm sending back to TashaJacks for inspection. Will let you know how things go!

Can I ask which colours you used? Not 100% sure without digging it out and having a look but think the worst out of mine was the 12.

Hi gk3,

Lo and behold just under 3 weeks after fitting the 22" TashaJacks hair I mentioned in my previous post, client has been in touch complaining of exactly the same issues you mentioned. And I've already cut a good 3" off!

Have spoken to Tasha on the phone about it. In all due respect she seemed genuinely concerned, helpful, friendly and non-defensive. Both Tasha and I questioned whether it is cuticle correct (i.e all hairs running root to tip) however if this was the case surely the problem with knotting and tangles would be evident down the entire strand? The problem my client is experiencing is only in the lower lengths. The upper half is absolutely fine. Beautiful in fact!

I've advised client to use nothing but professional quality intensive conditioning products, protein based sprays and serums / oils to see if this makes a difference. As I also have some of each colour I fitted that is completely unused, uncut and in the same state it was sent to me that I'm sending back to TashaJacks for inspection. Will let you know how things go!

Can I ask which colours you used? Not 100% sure without digging it out and having a look but think the worst out of mine was the 12.

How interesting that the 12 is the worst, that's usually the case with cheapo hair. I definitely will never ever use this company, mainly because of their attitude and the daddy's attitude which is, to put it very mildly, arrogant as hell.

hi geeks....... I am new to the mobile hair extension world and was wondering what supplier to buy my hair from?
like many people on here I trained with belle they suggest using.glamorous lenghts however after reading some threads I'm a little worried.
As you know hair is not cheap and I thought the discount they give allows you to have a whole head of bondes hair for £100 is there any other supplier who offer the same?
many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have many of you used hairport by valentine ? They're very tempting as they've a new double drawn Russian hair out but I've had to ask for the link on Facebook! I'm hoping they will send me a sample soon! As I'm about to try out hair rebellion after receiving a fantastic sample but I would rather the keratin was Italian as I know it's stronger, and they only have a limited stock of Italian keratin that they won't be getting back in! So wanted two suppliers at least incase anything happens or for different clientele x

I find for Keratin bonds ebays goog bonds are pretty much the same I get hair from my supplier but ebay for bonds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back