Best extension suppliers, let's clear up the confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi extension geeks!!

I love this thread. I just sat here and read every single post. Could somebody please recommend me an extension course? I would be very grateful. xx

I am looking for further recommendations for good hair suppliers. I currently use:
Foxy hair extensions
SJK
Glamorous lengths

I do find these good, but I am seeking premium hair for one of my customers in a 0.8 u tip and am looking for recommendations.
Thank :eek:s

anyone tried studio58 ?

Quick question. Do all the hair extension suppliers have all the same colours, can you just have one colour ring to match up? Haven't been on my course yet x

Quick question. Do all the hair extension suppliers have all the same colours, can you just have one colour ring to match up? Haven't been on my course yet x

Hi sweetie. I have a balmainhair colour ring also a colour ring that I purchased from hair planet. The balmainhair one I find is specific to their hair however the hair planet one is shades you will find with many suppliers. A lot of suppliers shades will Vary, for example I found hair ports dark brown to be a little lighter than hair planets, I would suggest you purchased a hair ring from at least 2 suppliers xx

Absolutely, I wouldnt hesitate in contacting them, especially with what they charge!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Well after I contacted great lengths they contacted the lady and she agreed to remove them and refund me. Had the, taken out today, my head is very sore and I've probably got bald patches. The hair shed so bad, I don't know if its possible but I think I'd had an allergic reaction. In all the years I've worn extensions I've never had this problem. I will never have great lengths after this.

Most are very similar, but I know that Sjks do differ slightly as well as a few others to be on the safe side you would be safer sticking to two suppliers and ordering their colour rings, this is what I do. Nothing worse than recieving the wrong colour even though you recieved the colour you ordered. Though I know Sjk will do their best to match the hair colours if you send them a pic or a hair sample, though I think a colour ring from whoever your supplier is/will be would be the safest option! x

anyone tried studio58 ?

Yes really lovely for the price and they also do pre bonded virgin. Also got email saying they are about to offer double drawn Indian remy x

Well after I contacted great lengths they contacted the lady and she agreed to remove them and refund me. Had the, taken out today, my head is very sore and I've probably got bald patches. The hair shed so bad, I don't know if its possible but I think I'd had an allergic reaction. In all the years I've worn extensions I've never had this problem. I will never have great lengths

after this.

Sorry to hear that, were they fitted correctly? (Just with you mentioning about sore scalp?) In training we were told its very unlikely anyone would be allergic to the bonds as the keratin is the closest you can get to natural keratin found in your hair, just goes to show nothing is 100%. Hope your hair (and scalp) is back to normal after your bad experience xx Did you find Great Lengths to be of much help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just completed my hair extensions course on Saturday and super excited to get started! I am of course going to do practice on friends first, charging them only for the hair and thanks to all your comments on this I have a few suppliers in mind now. A few I find too dear, ESP when I am just starting out. I have contacted a few requesting a sample to help me out with decisions. I know it will take using a few suppliers until I have my chosen one but I want to start off good at least.

Hair planet are £xx for 20strands of 20" which is really good but seems too cheap to be true lol!
Hairportbyvalentine are £xx for 20strands of 22"
Sjk are £xx for 100strands of 20" 1g aaa

I have also been recommended 14 suppliers by the course but I am unsure as some are very dear.

The two most reasonable are:

Extensionelle at £xx for 20" aaaa 200 strands (but don't offer samples, just need to purchase a single pack of 20 strands at £xx plus £7 postage-discounts are applied for more purchased etc)

Famehairextensions at £xx for 20" aaa 200 strands

Have any of you used these two suppliers ?xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes really lovely for the price and they also do pre bonded virgin. Also got email saying they are about to offer double drawn Indian remy x

Ohh thanks for that hun think ill give them a try xx

Do you charge the same price to clients overall for your low budget and top range hair? (Eg if you charge £xxx for low budget and fitting, do you charge exactly the same for top range and fitting?) I'm doing a course soon and just wanna get lots of info x

Do you charge the same price to clients overall for your low budget and top range hair? (Eg if you charge £xxx for low budget and fitting, do you charge exactly the same for top range and fitting?) I'm doing a course soon and just wanna get lots of info x

Decide what you want to charge for fitting then add the price of the hair.
Regardless of the hair used you should still be making the same amount for fitting.

Decide what you want to charge for fitting then add the price of the hair.
Regardless of the hair used you should still be making the same amount for fitting.

Ok thanks, I'm hoping they will go through all this on my course x

I bought premium European hair from Tasha Jacks recently as a customer had heard of them and requested it. I was really looking forward to it because I'd read on here that people are very happy with their hair.

To be honest I was quite disappointed when itcame because I asked for very wavy/loose curly and sent a picture and they only sent me quite straight hair with a slight kink in the very ends. (My client really wanted the extensions done that day so despite me saying we could return it she insisted on going ahead with the fitting which was a couple of weeks ago.)

She came back yesterday and was really upset because the last 3-4 inches of the hair are continually tangled and matted and to be honest it was quite bad. She is having to brush 4 times a day and feels the strain on the bonds. Despite having trimmed it when fitting it I noticed when she came back only 2 weeks later how bad the split ends had become. In order to get a decent result it looks like I would have to cut at least 3-4 inches off which obviously defeats the object of extensions!

I've always used Foxy or Racoon and never had any of these problems.

Has anyone else had problems like this with their hair? Do you think I could ask them to change it? But would they cover the removal and refitting charge? :mad:

Hair planet are £xx for 20strands of 20" which is really good but seems too cheap to be true lol!
Hairportbyvalentine are £xx for 20strands of 22"
Sjk are £xx for 100strands of 20" 1g aaa

I have also been recommended 14 suppliers by the course but I am unsure as some are very dear.

The two most reasonable are:

Extensionelle at £xx for 20" aaaa 200 strands (but don't offer samples, just need to purchase a single pack of 20 strands at £xx plus £7 postage-discounts are applied for more purchased etc)

Famehairextensions at £xx for 20" aaa 200 strands

Have any of you used these two suppliers ?xx

I have used quite a few suppliers, and I currently use Sjk Hair extensions and Hair Planet. I only use hair planet though for their super wefts but have been informed Sjk will now be doing them therefore they will be my one and only supplier as I was completely appauled by Hair Planets customer service!! Its quite shocking! Whereas I am a big fan of Sjk, Tasha Jacks too but not all my clients are willing to pay for Tasha Jacks so definately recommend Sjk. Always remember though, you pay for what you get ;)

Noway is that the heavy wefts ? What weight do you no? If SJK put there prices up Id still use them, they sell high quality hair and a low price . I say the new Russian Hair theyl be doing will be as good as tashajacks hair. Is it coming in micro wefts?

Tasha Jacks is the best

Tasha Jacks is the best

Thats what I thought until I ordered 22 inches from them recently. I was really excited because most clients don't want to pay that much. I just didn't expect the ends to tangle so easily when compared to hair I have bought from other places at 16 or 20 inches which is much cheaper. NO arguments that the quality of the hair feels really good until the last 4 inches which are really tangly and mat easily. You brush them and then tangle up again straight away. Have you ever had this? It is the first time I've done 22 inches, what is "normal" with this length and quality of hair?

Where is the best place to buy tape in extensions? I'd like to try these on myself x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back