Best hair toning shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahh <3

Reaction score
So ive had my hair colour blonde today, and after two bleech baths anda full head colour my hair is a dark blonde with a little ginger in it. The technician said if i use a hair toning shampoo once or twice a week, it will get rid of all the brassy tones and keep them gone if i keep using them. Which one does anyone recomend because im not to keen on wella silver saver as it made my hair really dry, so any recomendations welcome please xx

I used to use the indola one, its a real deep inky purple but works well , also you could try colour moose (im sorry i can never spell it!)

thanks liana. where can i get the idola one from? i have a hairdressing supplies near me should they have it? xx

I love the Clynol one x

Hi, the wholesalers near to you should sell the Idola Silver Shampoo. I would ask in the wholesalers to see which one they sell more of as there is a few brands to choose from. Here is a link to a few different brands: silver shampoo at Hair Supermarket

when my hair was white blonde I used silvertouch shampoo (think it was originally made for old dears with blue rinses lol) only £2 aswell and I thought it worked the best hth xx

Matrix so silver on running par with schwarzkopf bc true silver.... by far the best silver shampoo's on the market... quite toning though so if hair is really pourous it can grab slightly!!! but i would rather my hair over toned then gold!! x x

yeah i know what you mean sarah im the same, my tutor at college said my hair needs toning to get rid o the orange, because she said they didnt tone it properly. So im going to the hair suppliers tonight, what toner would you suggest like the number and what peroxide % as ive mentioned before we havent done mixing colours or out theory on colours just how to applicate them, My hair is platinum at the roots so really need it to match at the moment it yellowy with light and dark orange tones in it? x

yeah i know what you mean sarah im the same, my tutor at college said my hair needs toning to get rid o the orange, because she said they didnt tone it properly. So im going to the hair suppliers tonight, what toner would you suggest like the number and what peroxide % as ive mentioned before we havent done mixing colours or out theory on colours just how to applicate them, My hair is platinum at the roots so really need it to match at the moment it yellowy with light and dark orange tones in it? x

Hi Sarah do you have a photo of your hair? I don't know what colour your hair is so I can only guess but if it's 'orange' a toner won't help. Your hair will need to be lightened further to take it to a creamy bonde colour, then a toner will be applied to achieve the platinum bonde (like your roots). x

yes i do have a piccie hun. its on my photo gallery. i have been to the hair suppliers and brought blondor powder bleach and 9 % peroxide and a 6 % peroxide and brought a toner for after just incase i need it :) xxx

i used to have pure white hair and to keep it that colour without always dying my hair i used matrix silver shampoo hth

x

yes i do have a piccie hun. its on my photo gallery. i have been to the hair suppliers and brought blondor powder bleach and 9 % peroxide and a 6 % peroxide and brought a toner for after just incase i need it :) xxx

I've just had a look at your hair photo in your photo gallery. A toner definately wouldnt help with the colour as your hair need's to be lightened to a pale yellow/creamy blonde colour. What colour are you aiming for, white/platinum blonde all over?

As you have already had two bleach baths and a full head bleach I wouldnt advise futher bleaching just yet because your hair needs time to recover. How is the condition?

Can you get someone at college to lighten your hair further rather than do it yourself as alot can go wrong if the application and timing is not right. If you do go ahead and do it yourself please do strand tests first :)

I am currently trying to correct a friend of a friend's hair. She normally does her own colour & bleach with no problems but this time her bleach attempt has gone terribly wrong (yellow). I've tried 3 different toners to correct the colour but her hair is grabbing onto the base colours, resulting in a lovely grey colour. :( x

So ive had my hair colour blonde today, and after two bleech baths anda full head colour my hair is a dark blonde with a little ginger in it. The technician said if i use a hair toning shampoo once or twice a week, it will get rid of all the brassy tones and keep them gone if i keep using them. Which one does anyone recomend because im not to keen on wella silver saver as it made my hair really dry, so any recomendations welcome please xx

Hi Sarah I have just had a look at your picture
I thought you were heading towards dark blonde with highlights ?
so I am confused ......

Looking at your picture as it is now ...... are they going to weave out the highlights first with foils and while they are lifting flood the base with a dark blonde base
or are you going to go blonde all over ?.....

well i spoke to the mca at college and she said a bleech bath would lift it then a full head colour. which worked and it was like a caramel honey blonde. My hair is still in good condition. ive done a porosity test, and we have done strand tests at college and my tutor said i just need a toner but i asked persianista for some advice and she said that my hairwould need rebleeching, so im going to give it till next monday and get it done at college again :) thanks for the advice guys its really appreciated, ill keep you updated :) xxx

I may be a bit late on replying here but I use Joico Colour Endure violet shampoo, and it works really well on my hair (bleach blonde)
Hope all goes well in your quest for blonde! x

so ive spoken to the mca again at college, and ive booked in for a rebleech in the salon and a level 3 will be doing it, and she is gonna lift some of the orange out then tone it with wella koleston 10/8 with 6% with water, so its a pastel toner and she said all the orange will be gone, she also said its because i have alot of warmth in my hair and they should have but a darker colour on my hair. thanks for all the prelys guys xx

oh my god. that hair color is nasty beyond belief

well its been toned down now ive got to uplad a pic :)

well its been toned down now ive got to uplad a pic :)

Have you had your hair rebleached or just toned? You happy with the colour now? :) x

i havent been following this thread but i have seen your pics and thought "why is she uploading those???" tbh im shocked they let you leave the salon after the first job. and yeh, right, a silver shampoo would tone out bright orange. the sylist who did your hair needs a brain transplant.

looking forward to your new hair, and i hope you are pleased with it. i did someones hair recently, i bleached until i could bleach no more, then toned with 10/8 and it looked fab. :D xxxx

Latest posts

Back