Best manicure products..OPI v CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
:confused: Hi Geeks,

I'm looking into professional manicure/ pedicure products and could really use some help so i was hoping you could tell your experiences. I use OPI polish and love it, so their products were naturally the next step. But so many of you seem to use the creative range.

Please help, i'm a bit confuddled?!!

I'm looking into professional manicure/ pedicure products and could really use some help so i was hoping you could tell your experiences. I use OPI polish and love it, so their products were naturally the next step. But so many of you seem to use the creative range.

I think it's going to come down to personal choice. I've not used either for pedi but the CND Almond SpaManicure is to die for. Both, OPI and CND are very good, professional products. You can't go wrong with either.

Good luck! :)

I use OPI products and let me tell you they manicure/pedicure products is awesome. I've used the tropical citrus & cucumber scrubs and massage lotions and they smell sooooo good and it make the clients hand feel so soft. Excellent products you gotta try them out!:hug:

I have to agree, the OPI mani and pedi products are lovely!

We use the Green Tea and Coffee range for the pedicures and they both smell lovely and have great effects on the skin.

I have not used Creative Mani and Pedi products, so can't comment on them but they are probably just as good!

I also use opi manicure, pedicure and polishes and love them. The best range I have used.

I use Jessica products and would never change them. I have also worked with OPI and they are good but as I can compare them both I would pick Jessica everytime.

I've also used OPI, but for the last 7 years I've used Jessica & would never swap back!

You are more than welcome to call us for samples if you would like. CND have almost finished the re-brand on CITRUS SpaManicure, MARINE & EARTH SpaPedicures so we will have samples of thos coming shortly in their smart new packaging! PM if you are interested!:!:

Thanks you guys, i think i'm just gonna get samples of absolutely everything and test them on myself and friends and see what the verdict is xxx

salon system isn't the fanciest of products it's what a lot of college's use and to be honest i like it!! and it works looks nice and smells nice n it's quite cheap.

as for polish..
china glaze is apparantly good it's newish i havn't tried it.
creative's good

Last edited by a moderator:
You are more than welcome to call us for samples if you would like. CND have almost finished the re-brand on CITRUS SpaManicure, MARINE & EARTH SpaPedicures so we will have samples of thos coming shortly in their smart new packaging! PM if you are interested!:!:

I'm looking to add to my current Jessica Manicure & Pedicure Range, could both CND AND Jessica work together? I need another range with funkier colours, the news beach collection is very similar to everything I already have. Could I just get CND Colours do I need to be an account holder with a minimum opening order? Would I have to retrain in mani's and pedi's I did Creative Nails Training in 2001 (or there about) in Maidenhead?!?!? Sorry for all the questions but hope you can help. Thanks Lorraine x

I have CND mani and pedi range and have absolutely no complaints, neither do my clients:) The CND enamel range is extensive, I love the brush as it is not too wide and the seasonal colours are always inspiring, giving great ideas to tweek your mani and pedi services to suit. We create an extraordinary experience in the salon and it is truely a pleasurable service for the technician to perform. Buy your products in bulk, get good education and pamper those clients, they will pay you back in loyalty 10 fold.:):hug:

I offer all the Creative mani and pedi range and they are extremely popular. I have never tried the OPI range but then I only use Creative products in my home salon and have never felt the need to sample others.

I love the spa manicure and pedicure products from CND BUT prefer colour polish from OPI, i have not tried their spa stuff. You can mix and match some things you dont have to be sold on one product. All you can do is try sampling both products see what texture,fragrance and results you prefer. This is the only way to decide what product to use. good luck

If you ask a question like that you're going to get answers from lots of loyal and passionate people from both brands - will that help you?! :)

Try everything out, but from personal experience I went with OPI and love it. It's media presence means that it sells itself too which is always a bonus.

Aquarius - I have hopefully answered everything below. :hug:

I'm looking to add to my current Jessica Manicure & Pedicure Range, could both CND AND Jessica work together
No reason why not at all. They are completely different systems. The new Spa Intro Packs will be the Excite (Citrus SpaManicure and Marine SpaPedicure) and Escape (Almond SpaManicure and Earth SpaPedicure). We call it a Mood Indicator - you gage the mood of your client and choose the manicure to suit.

I need another range with funkier colours, the news beach collection is very similar to everything I already have. Could I just get CND Colours do I need to be an account holder with a minimum opening order?
Absolutely. As a professional you can but any of CND's product offerings and we have no minimum order either:) The only thing you would need to do training on is L&P or Brisa Gel but I notice you did training in 01. If that is the case - simply call and we'll look you up and give you your membership number!

Would I have to retrain in mani's and pedi's I did Creative Nails Training in 2001 (or there about) in Maidenhead?!?!? Sorry for all the questions but hope you can help. Thanks Lorraine x

Not at all and the brilliant thing is that all Intro packs will have DVD's and you can watch them on www.cnd.com .

The Citrus SpaManicure line will have the 3 new products (Citrus Milk Bath, Citrus Moisture Scrub and Citrus Illuminating Masque in gorgeous silver (as opposed to Almond Illuminating Masque in gold)). The Citrus Hydrating Lotion and Soothing Creme are the bomb. I have been showing customers on the road and they have loved it - so fresh - it really does Excite, Energise and Refresh.

Anyway - watch out - it's on the way!! :hug::!:

The Citrus SpaManicure line will have the 3 new products (Citrus Milk Bath, Citrus Moisture Scrub and Citrus Illuminating Masque in gorgeous silver (as opposed to Almond Illuminating Masque in gold)). The Citrus Hydrating Lotion and Soothing Creme are the bomb. I have been showing customers on the road and they have loved it - so fresh - it really does Excite, Energise and Refresh.

Anyway - watch out - it's on the way!! :hug::!:

Wow, that sounds lovely - can't wait to get my mitts on these :lol:

I've not really used CND products and always used mainly OPI and some Essie polishes. For mani/pedi I use the OPI ranges which I've always found excellent and clients love. I would say try both out and make a judgement for yourself...then you can find out what really works for you....:)

Love the scent of OPI manicure and pedicure range.

Love the scent of OPI manicure and pedicure range.

Hey Tiff - I too love 'scents', but I also want to invest in what gives my clients the best and most effective treatment too. A mixture of both is best. I don't like to invest in something that smells nice but doesn't really 'do' anything.

I have just reached that 'age' where I am looking at my hands and thinking I should have taken more care of them.:rolleyes: I am now religeously exfoliating and ultra moisturising them everyday and I have seen a difference. :)

Latest posts

Back