Best soak off clear gel for glitter toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa.sharrock

Reaction score
that doesn't require a conversion course, currently using NSI Balance but fed up of having to buff off.

Don't want to use Shellac because of stock levels - what I have left is like gold dust!

Hope you can help. x

ps. do they all take approx 20 mins to soak off, which I believe is what NSI's Illusion takes?

Check out Gelish! have a look at the gelish lovers group

mani-q by young nails, super fast soak off time! takes me around 10 minutes to get off
xxx

Yes!...Just bumping this...
Young Nails Mani-Q all the way.

Great stuff, forgot about Mani-Q. Just as well I bought some at the show last month! Yay. I have the primer & mani-q, is that all I need then? Thanks girls. xx

indeed it is, fab product, heres the Young Nails tutorial just so you can check your procedure is all happy and correct,

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Twinkle Toes

Soaking off wise just follow the Young Nails Instructions, Like i said before i find its soak off time is around 10 minutes, I buff off the shine, soak in acetone, wrap in a hot towel, leave for 10 minutes, scrape off gel gently with an orange wood stick and give a final little buff, done :D

xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Claire, help appreciated. x

indeed it is, fab product, heres the Young Nails tutorial just so you can check your procedure is all happy and correct,

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Twinkle Toes

Soaking off wise just follow the Young Nails Instructions, Like i said before i find its soak off time is around 10 minutes, I buff off the shine, soak in acetone, wrap in a hot towel, leave for 10 minutes, scrape off gel gently with an orange wood stick and give a final little buff, done :D

xxx

What she said!:lol:

Just thought Id add to this thread and let you know that Ive started replacing the maniQ clear with the ManiQ Base and Top Coats (brush on gels in a bottle) for Twinkle Toes and it's working a treat!

Goes on easy peasey, nice and thin and soaks off better too.

Plus it doubles up with the ManiQ color range....bonus. :D
(But I am biased)

Just thought Id add to this thread and let you know that Ive started replacing the maniQ clear with the ManiQ Base and Top Coats (brush on gels in a bottle) for Twinkle Toes and it's working a treat!

Goes on easy peasey, nice and thin and soaks off better too.

Plus it doubles up with the ManiQ color range....bonus. :D
(But I am biased)

Sorry, I don't quite understand this Lisa.... do you mean you no longer use ManiQ clear & mix the polish with the base & top coat?

Just realized I use all soak off products for glitter toes but I never soak them off. Usually hand file (sometimes use my YN e-file) and they come off fine with no damage to natural nails.
I do tons of glitter toes, here's my protocol:

Shellac base
Glitter
Cure 2 minutes in 36 watt lamp (I have CND)
Brush off excess glitter
Thin coat of Young Nails mani-Q
Cure 2 minutes
Wipe off tacky
Buff smooth
OPI axxium soak-off gel sealer
Cure 2 minutes
Wipe off tacky to shine

I've been doing glitter toes for 3 years and have tried tons of products, these are the thinnest, most durable and easy to remove.

Just realized I use all soak off products for glitter toes but I never soak them off. Usually hand file (sometimes use my YN e-file) and they come off fine with no damage to natural nails.
I do tons of glitter toes, here's my protocol:

Shellac base
Glitter
Cure 2 minutes in 36 watt lamp (I have CND)
Brush off excess glitter
Thin coat of Young Nails mani-Q
Cure 2 minutes
Wipe off tacky
Buff smooth
OPI axxium soak-off gel sealer
Cure 2 minutes
Wipe off tacky to shine

I've been doing glitter toes for 3 years and have tried tons of products, these are the thinnest, most durable and easy to remove.

Do you cure after the Shellac base but before the glitter?

Do you cure after the Shellac base but before the glitter?

No. I do not cure the Shellac base coat.
Well the only time I do is if I'm using a dark glitter color, like red, brown, black. Then I will do Shellac base, cure 10 seconds, shellac color that matches glitter (red shellac/red glitter), glitter, cure 2 minutes.
I've found that the darker glitters are picky about sticking to just the base.

Did you find a brand to go with in the end?

If not, maybe give Shellac another go? I haven't had any problems with stock levels in the last 6 months x

Check out Gelish! have a look at the gelish lovers group

I've used Gelish base instead of Shellac base. Works well. I like Shellac base a bit better because there is less prep to natural nail and the end product is thinner.

Sorry, I don't quite understand this Lisa.... do you mean you no longer use ManiQ clear & mix the polish with the base & top coat?

Ill use the maniQ Base and Tops to do Twinkle Toes....remember Twinkle Toes is turning the entire nail into the glitter of your choice. Ie Pinkie / Cotton Candy, Lava etc

Ill use maniQ gel/polish mix, as opposed to clear gel, with glitter pressed in to give the chosen gel/polish a glitter finish. Ie A coloured gel with a white glitter finish.

Twinkle Toes is a full glitter toe
Glitter ManiQ or Rockstar is using a coloured gel with glitter pressed in to give it a shimmer.

Hope that makes sense

Ill use the maniQ Base and Tops to do Twinkle Toes....remember Twinkle Toes is turning the entire nail into the glitter of your choice. Ie Pinkie / Cotton Candy, Lava etc

Ill use maniQ gel/polish mix, as opposed to clear gel, with glitter pressed in to give the chosen gel/polish a glitter finish. Ie A coloured gel with a white glitter finish.

Twinkle Toes is a full glitter toe
Glitter ManiQ or Rockstar is using a coloured gel with glitter pressed in to give it a shimmer.

Hope that makes sense

Can I just ask... I use Bio Sculpture and Gelicure. Can I advertise Rockstar Toes and Twinkle Toes (now that you've kindly explained the difference, thank you!! :-D) or are they trademarked? I've asked this question before, sorry to be annoying, just want to be 110% positive before I advertise!!

Thanks xx

I personally gave the glitter toes the name of Twinkle Toes over 6 years when demo'ing at the trade shows....
And although I wish I could have trademarked it, I couldn't, not really.
You cannot trademark a name - just as you cannot trademark a salon name.

So from me to you - As far as Im concerned, you can use it :hug:

It always makes me smile and feel good inside when I see it advertised in salons and treatment cards and thats enough. (Sooooo proud! heehee)
And most people know that Twinkle Toes originated from Young Nails UK anyhow.

Young Nails in the U.S however, originated back then, the name Rockstar Toes......referring to the full glitter toes.
Now over here in the UK the name Rockstar Toes is being used by some companies to describe a coloured gel with glitter......:confused:

Again, it isn't trademarked so you shouldn't have any problems.

I personally gave the glitter toes the name of Twinkle Toes over 6 years when demo'ing at the trade shows....
And although I wish I could have trademarked it, I couldn't, not really.
You cannot trademark a name - just as you cannot trademark a salon name.

So from me to you - As far as Im concerned, you can use it :hug:

It always makes me smile and feel good inside when I see it advertised in salons and treatment cards and thats enough. (Sooooo proud! heehee)
And most people know that Twinkle Toes originated from Young Nails UK anyhow.

Young Nails in the U.S however, originated back then, the name Rockstar Toes......referring to the full glitter toes.
Now over here in the UK the name Rockstar Toes is being used by some companies to describe a coloured gel with glitter......:confused:

Again, it isn't trademarked so you shouldn't have any problems.

Wow!! Aren't you clever?! :-D I'm sure you're really proud, I would be!!

Thanks so much for all of that, I really appreciate it :) xxx

Latest posts

Back