Better late than never Brave Day photos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
Like a cows tail - always behind!

I was so impressed with all the Brave day photos I decided to have a go at something as far away from my comfort zone as I could find!
L&P Sculpts - Since I came back to nails about 14 months ago I have been a gel girl. I have never been shown how to sculpt - tried a couple of nails with Brisa but they have been disasterous, so I dont sculpt!
I originally trained with l&p 6 years ago - did about 8 sets and gave up because it didnt click for me.

Used Ez Flow Boogie Nights - kit I bought ages ago but never opened, very strange using L&P as I am so used to gel, its different technique altogether.
I used Ez Flow Universal forms which I loved - I have only tried the Brisa Clear forms and found these much easier to fit.

The dry, overworked fingers are my hubbys - he has the flattest nails - they piccys dont show how flat they are, didnt pinch but tried to create a natural C curve.

Here goes ~

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6072&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=6071&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1

Any comments/ critique as alway appreciated, tell it as it is Geeks! :hug:
Thanks KxXx

That is a fab looking nail Karol, especially considering that you haven't picked up your L+P brush for such a long time, AND you've sculpted too... you ought to take it up again :D

Well done Karol - lovely smile and yes I can see how flat your hubby's nail is. I think you did a great job and you've no excuse not to get more comfortable with L&P. As Sandi has said, considering you haven't touched L&P for so long I think you have done great. Well done!

Re sculpting: I thought I could sculpt before I was properly shown how to and think a proper demonstration on how to sculpt on all different nails is so worthwhile. Also, I too used to find the clear forms easier to manipulate for awkward nails.

Well done Karol they are fab the smiles are great nice and clear not covered by the pink :hug:
I know what you mean about how different it is from Gel seems funny using a different system.
You should defiantly take up l&p again anyone would pay good money for a set like those:D

One question how on earth did you persuade your hubby to let you put a nail on him mine would run a mile:lol:

Really nice! x x

Karol you gave up on L&P far too soon..after 8 sets indeed!!!

If this is what you can do after 6 years away from it...and on those wide flat nails...then you can 'click' with L&P!!!

Your smile is nice...and clean!!....If the glitter is only meant to be in zones 2 &3 it should ONLY be there...if some ends up in zone 1..well you might as well have just put a glitter topcoat on don't you think?!!? (one of my pet hates!!)

So I love the perfect glitter free white you have here.........

You have created a great C curve on that flat flat nail.....and it is a nice crescent shape..slightly thicker in the middle thinning out to the sides....
and the apex in zone 2 looks great from that photo angle...

Only slight crit is it is a tiny bit thicker than I would like......I suspect when you applied this nail it was longer and you filed the length down..that could account for it being thicker than you meant.

To sum it all up....Karol you can sculpt!!

they are brill , i cant beleive you havent touched l&p for ages if thats what you can do !! get offering it , no doubt you are really good xx

oooooooooo isnt that gorgeous .. i love the glitter
Erica xx

very good, love the sparkle. You really should start doing l&p again!:hug:

its a really good nail....i am so impressed after not doing L&P for so long...now dont put that brush away again....xxx

Hi

Its a really good nail, i think you should start doing L&P again. I think your hubby is great for letting you do that, mine does too but he soaks off straight afterwards though, well done great job!! x

julesx

karol, this is fab, get doing l and p again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the comments I really appreciate your time xXx

My hubby still has the nail on and its looking good despite him decorating my new shop at present. He goes back to the Oil rig on Monday and is happy to keep it on to see how it fairs! I am lucky he is so good at letting me practice - I actually took the photos while he was a sleep last night LOL!

I am pleasantly surprised at how well I got on with it after failing with it first time round (admittedly didnt give it much of a chance) - this could be a lucky shot though!!

I do love my Brisa but I def. want to try again with L&P. Going to pick up a kit when go down to the OSNS Glasgow on Friday, as all I have by way of L&P is the Ez flow Boogie nights kit. I probably wont get much of a chance to practice until the New Year now.
Thanks again
KxXx

Latest posts

Back