Between day 3 and 4 of CND course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimpearce

Having a ball with nails!
Reaction score
I am now in between day 3 and 4 of my Creative Foundation course and loving it. I have the 2 cards of nails to do before day 4 and have run across some problems.

1. the nail beds keep coming off the trainer hand :irked: especially when filing. How on earth do you keep them on? I have tried taking the finger bits off but it doesn't make much difference.

2. I cannot seem to buff to a high shine, could this be that the pink in zones 2 & 3 is too thin as I just get these annoying white marks that I cannot buff out. It feels smooth to touch but they won't budge :eek: I didn't have this problem when I did my model's full set on day 3, they were lovely and shiny.

Any tips greatly appreciated :!:

Thanks.

Kim

I remember having the same problem with the nail 'pinging' of the trainer.
The best thing is not to file so hard and sort of hold the cuticle against the 'finger' if that makes sense.
The white marks may be where some filings have collected in low spots and therefore buffing wont get rid of them. Try buffing over again with a 180 file then working up through the the grits again.
hth

I remember having the same problem with the nail 'pinging' of the trainer.
The best thing is not to file so hard and sort of hold the cuticle against the 'finger' if that makes sense.
The white marks may be where some filings have collected in low spots and therefore buffing wont get rid of them. Try buffing over again with a 180 file then working up through the the grits again.
hth

Can't add anything to this really. It is easy to treat the nail trainer more 'roughly' than you would treat a real person.

Try again and pretend it is a real client:hug:

Hun, I had this problem with the nails 'pinging off' and tried to move the nails to one that didnt ping. Or I took the nail off the finger and buffed it while holding it. I let my trainer know this was what I did with these ones.

As has been said, the white marks are where you have little 'pits' in the acrylic, file out with the 180 grit, then the grey boomerang shaped file, then the girlfriend or one of the other buffers in your kit.

HTH's :hug:

PS. Have mailed you. xx

i take the rubber finger off and just click it into the white bit, although it will slide off if you push it forward too far. hth's

Thanks :) What is causing the pitting then is it uneven application or uneven filing? I thought I was doing so well too!!!

I would ring Denise and ask but I know she is very busy this weekend. On the card of practice nails you have to polish one row and then it says to use Creative super shiney on the pink and whites, is this right or do you just buff them to a shine?

Thanks.

Kim

Thanks :) What is causing the pitting then is it uneven application or uneven filing? I thought I was doing so well too!!!uneven application, you are doing well but it is early days

I would ring Denise and ask but I know she is very busy this weekend. On the card of practice nails you have to polish one row and then it says to use Creative super shiney on the pink and whites, is this right or do you just buff them to a shine?

Thanks.

Kim

When I did the course it was one row polish and one row buffed, but this may have changed - Id just leave the unpolished ones until you get clarification. HTH

I emailed Essential Nails about the nails popping off and they are sending me some new white bits that the nails click onto as they can stretch apparently - great customer service :)

Latest posts

Back