Bicycles (or electric bikes) anyone know about them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
I have an interview on Friday, and if I get the job (not telling any more until I know whether I got it:rolleyes:) I will be working in the city. The car parking is £5 per day, and the bus is around £4 per day, and I don't want to be spending that kind of money if I can help it.

I've decided that I'd rather get a bike. However, since I was into bikes back in the '80's they've changed rather alot!

Does anyone know which type of bike would be best, as in easier to pedal, eg mountain bike, hybrid, street bike, etc? Also, has anyone got experience of the new electric bikes? Are they any good? I want to get a bit fitter, but I'm also thinking I might not keep it up if I get an ordinary bike, and an electric one might help me with the hills!!!

Any advice anyone can give would be great, I'm a complete bike novice nowadays! Thanks:hug:

Beware the knobbly tyres on most mountain bikes, as they take a lot more effort to pedal on the road than "slick" tyres.

How fast are you likely to bike into work? If you really like to belt it, then a racing bike would probably be a good bet.

Otherwise, maybe a mountain bike, but with slick tyres?

Haven't had any experience of electric bikes yet though, so wouldn't know what to say in terms of those...
Posted via Mobile Device

I have an electric bike :D think it was bought from The Peterborough Show, camping and caravanning thingy, it's a few years old now, does 25 miles (there and back) on assisted pedalling, needs to be charged as soon as you're back home. Unfortunately mine isn't very good as my daughters friend fell off it a few years ago and where the battery goes the electrodes are out, so I have to really pedal to get the motor going, and it doesn't stay on assisted for long :( but it's fab, I have a basket on the front and I use it if I'm meeting someone in town.

Found a link for you

Electric Bike Sales - Home

Latest posts

Back