Bikini Trimmer...which one do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anca14

Reaction score
Hi Skin Geeks,
Just wondering if you can recommend any bikini trimmers. At the moment I am using scissors and today took me ages to trim for this brazilian.
I usually tell my clients when they book an appointment for brazilian to trim at home but of course there are some that they don’t do it!
Also how do you clean the head of the trimmer? Thinking of barbicide...?
Thanks,
Anca

Last edited:
ooohhh I dont trim them if I can help it! I wouldnt use a bikini trimmer for hygeine and I try not to trim for health and safety reasons.

When your client books I do a brief consultation on the phone prior to them coming in, this involves (if its there first time) exactly how far you wax (as a lot of clients presume a brazilian is just a landing strip and dont expect you to do behind and underneath!) I also tell them we have stuff to let them freshen up and disposable knickers etc. I do ask them on the phone if their hair is particularly long to trim before hand. I ask them to not trim it any shorter than the length of a grain of rice otherwise we cannot get the hair out. I tell them it makes it less painful as well as giving the old painkillers before advice too!

If I get a client with really long hair that hasnt trimmed then I trim what is nescercery such as the top of the labia (bottom of pubic bone) and the hair on the lips.

The hair on the pubic bone is often fine if you wax it in the width of half a wax stip (longways!).

I then just wax the rest in small strips so the hair dosnt get tangled. Never had a problem yet, I'd rather do this than start cutting away at hair that not only goes all over your towels, but you may slip and cut them too. Also it eats into your appointmemt time as you stated.

You will find though that nearly 95% of the women that come for brazilians and hollywoods are conscious of their appearence and its often maintained by them anyway. There are few clients I find I have had to trim myself, probably in the last 6 years only 3-4 clients needed trimming. And I have probably done 40-60 brazilians every week since then!

Make sure you book the client back in every 4 weeks as well, as this makes it easier for you (as well as profitable if you get all your clients back in every 4 weeks) and it hurts the client less as you can keep on top of it. It also means it will be just the right length for not having to trim!

You will find though that nearly 95% of the women that come for brazilians and hollywoods are conscious of their appearence and its often maintained by them anyway. There are few clients I find I have had to trim myself, probably in the last 6 years only 3-4 clients needed trimming. And I have probably done 40-60 brazilians every week since then!

/quote]

Goodness.... 40 - 60 Brazilians every weeks.. you must love your job lol!!! :hug:

I bought a lovely little trimmer from Superdrug - £5.99. It's pink, and has an adjustable head. After cleaning out the hairs with the brush supplied and washing the head in hot water, I lay them on my couch together with tweezers etc and spray with antibac. I leave them to dry on their own.
HTHs

i wouldnt really trim them to be honest. wouldn't want the hairs floating round the salon!! :irked:

I bought the new Phillips one (£29.00 Boots) More expesive than the rest but it is soooo pretty it has a cool design on the front and back and a funky sparkly switch.

Oh and it trims really nice too!

The head comes off and can be sterilised!

As for hair everywhere, just trim on the bed and then cover the shaved hair with another sheet of couch roll & borambing mess gone until clean up time at end!

62E560OLIL

but surely hairs would float about...?

im not convinced. I stand by my quote;

"If I wanted to trim bushes I would have become a gardener"

hehe
:green:

Out of the 400+ braz waxes I did last year, I probably trimmed 1 or 2. I prefer not to trim, unless it's absolutely necessary. I also do not like the loose hairs. If I do trim though... I'm a scissor/comb kind of gal.

Latest posts

Back