Bio Sculpture Expensive???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I'm a trained bio sculpture technician just wondering if anyone else finds the bio products expensive?? x:rolleyes:

compared to what.....? people also say Creative is expensive but when you break it down to what it costs per set the difference between Bio/Creative and any other high end product is actually pence. If you love the product and so do your clients then its got to be worth it....it would be false economy to buy cheap and get problems.

If you are using a quality product then your prices should reflect that, making the product no more expensive than any other.

Jane uses a cheap brand and charges £30 per set...it actually costs her £7 per set...(not actual figures...example only)

Sarah uses Bio and charges £45 per set...it actually costs her £9 per set...(not actual figures...example only)

Who is making more profit..? and getting less problems.

Hope this helps x

Last edited:
compared to most gels it is pretty expensive. it gives good results though so you have to decide if its worth the expense and if it makes enough profit to warrant your outlay.

i also like lechats nobility soak off colour gel.

If there is one lesson that life has taught me repeatedly in my time, it would be this; you get what you pay for. 'Expensive' only becomes a quantitive figure when you compare it to something else and give it a definition.

Is Bio Sculpture more expensive than a high street nail polish? Well, yes!

Is Bio Sculpture more expensive than any other good quality gel, per set....well tbh, no not really. In fact, its a darn site cheaper than some that aren't even in the same league.

OK, so yes, your 'pot of gel' is (for the small pot) is in the higher priced bracket, when compared to other pots of gel alone (it becomes a lot better priced when you buy in bigger sizes, and it wasn't long before I was needing the middle size and now need the large ones, which are pretty damn good value) but the support products from Bio are very well priced...for the most part in fact, below average and mean the price per set averages out very competitively.

It's (and I will truly stand by this) asked for by name many many times over any other product, thanks to Bio Sculpture's marketing. I get weekly calls from new cleints wanting Bio Sculpture, and Bio Sculpture alone....put a price on that? And no.....you can't really switch most of those clients onto a cheaper gel...cos you know what? Todays client is savvy, and they know exactly what a pot looks like and won't accept anything else!

So, IMO Bio Sculpture, for what you get, quality-wise, is actually probably one of the best priced gel on the market.

But I guess, that the price will always depend on how you wish to be percieved by your customers....if you wish to be a cut price salon, then its probably not for you. I for one, always did like Stella Artois.......

YouTube - stella artois

Also, other soak off gels may appear cheaper but in the end are they really less expensive?
1. Many others take longer to soak off - more time equals income lost
2. Many take more gel to achieve the same opacity Bio gives with 2 coats - using more product costs more money
3. All offer a far less extensive colour range which is less attractive to customers
In the end I do not think Bio is comparitively expensive.
I've tried other substitutes and always come back to Bio.

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone else is using Flexygel yet? It is advertised in Scratch magazine as being a quick soak off gel. I have been using it now for a month and I have to say it has impressed me. It would be great if any one has any other tips on using it? :green:

You get what you pay for. Such a true statement.

Not to mention when you break down cost per set, it's not *that* much different, especially when you factor in some gels are so thick and you use more.

I really like Bio Sculpture and I like my local rep. She answers me emails, and I gotta tell you, I've had so many companies not even bother to answer emails. Very frustrating.

I use Bio for my soak offs and NNO's and vacation/weekend nails. I use Brisa for clients that need a harder gel.

I use Bio for my soak offs and NNO's and vacation/weekend nails. I use Brisa for clients that need a harder gel.

What is NNO's, please?

Natural nail overlay

It is....but ditto with all the above.

It's the ONLY product I use that I get new clients calling all the time for and asking by name....' I read that you do Bio sculpture Nails'

It's such a nice easy product to work with.

THE BEST choice of coloured gel offered by any brand, lasts well, never get any breakdown problems (other than the odd pain in the butt picker offer!!!)

In my opinion Biosculpture is worth it's weight in gold and 90% of my client base is on it !

Amb x

hi. iv retired from nails now after 8 years due to a neck injury but i did find ways to cut some of the costs. i was a full time nail tec and only used bio sculpture as i loved the product but i didnt bother using there blue sterilizer lotion to wipe nails with after the final coat as i found standard accetone used quickly actually gave a better shine . i also didnt use there soak off as the standard accetone worked just as well. this saved me a small fortune over the years.

hi. iv retired from nails now after 8 years due to a neck injury but i did find ways to cut some of the costs. i was a full time nail tec and only used bio sculpture as i loved the product but i didnt bother using there blue sterilizer lotion to wipe nails with after the final coat as i found standard accetone used quickly actually gave a better shine. I also didnt use there soak off as the standard accetone worked just as well. this saved me a small fortune over the years.

Bio Sculpture don't do a 'blue sterliser lotion' for wiping nails. They have done, for many years, a green Sanitising solution, but recommended now is their Dual Cleanser solution, which is a sanitiser and nail polish remover in one. It leaves a far better shine than Acetone and is very competitively priced if you buy in 1 litre bottles.

In actual fact, the use of Acetone does (no matter how quickly its used) begin to break down the surface of Bio Sculpture gel, and as a very longstanding and active Bio Tech on here, who frequently helps newers techs, I would hate to see them misled into using something that could casue them problems.

The Bio Sculpture soak off solution contains nail conditioners to protect the health of the nail when removing. I personally wouldn't recommend pure Acetone for professional use when soaking off any product, as it does dry the nail plate.

Again, bought in the larger sizes (which any salon will get through reasonably quickly) the soak off solution is actually one of the better prices on the market, and is half the price of some other major brands.

I just feel its more professional to use professional products, to do the job properly and even more so to stay with system. It's been long supported on here, whatever your supplier/product/system, to encourage people to stay within system as opposed to deviating to cheaper short cuts, as that is when problem ensue.

To Jellinails, yes I've been using Flexi-gel since its launch last year and am very impressed. I don't find it a replacement for S-gel, as the rigidity of S-gel is often needed, but it is a lovely gel, with durability, strength, flexibility and shine! If you want to chat more about Bio Sculpture gels we have loads of discussions going in our Bio Sculpture techs social group....I have sent you an invite to join us!

i know biosculpture would never reccomend using anything else but there own products but after 6 years solid of doing bio nails and only bio nails, i never ever had any probs with it breaking down when i was using accetone. never had lifting probs either in fact no problems of any kind. i cant justify spending £35 a ltr for there soak off ( what it cost when i used to buy it 8 years ago) to take off nails when much cheaper accetone does exactly the same..just thought it would be heplful to know you can save money with the little things if needed in this time of recession

i know biosculpture would never reccomend using anything else but there own products but after 6 years solid of doing bio nails and only bio nails, i never ever had any probs with it breaking down when i was using accetone. never had lifting probs either in fact no problems of any kind. i cant justify spending £35 a ltr for there soak off ( what it cost when i used to buy it 8 years ago) to take off nails when much cheaper accetone does exactly the same..just thought it would be heplful to know you can save money with the little things if needed in this time of recession

I can assure you that for the past 6 years at least it has been nowhere near £35 litre if you purchase from Bio Sculpture. We are not in the habit of posting professional prices on these boards, but for as long as I have dealt with Bio, it has been a mere fraction of that cost.....somwhere in the region of 1/3 of it.

hi, ive been using bio since 2008 and i find it expensive too but i would never mix it with any other products. also i would love to get a look at the sterling pricelist. im in ireland and the prices are only quoted in euro. wouldnt mind knowing how much 10g pots of gel are in england???? (dont no if a price quote is allowed on this site, im a newbie.):)

hi, ive been using bio since 2008 and i find it expensive too but i would never mix it with any other products. also i would love to get a look at the sterling pricelist. im in ireland and the prices are only quoted in euro. wouldnt mind knowing how much 10g pots of gel are in england???? (dont no if a price quote is allowed on this site, im a newbie.):)

I shall pm you x

would appreciate any links to the supplier of FlexiGel xxx

The Flexi-gel were discussing is a new(ish) Bio Sculpture gel honey, and part of that range.

I believe there is another called Flexi-gel...but thats not what we talking about here.

It's very good though! (The Bio Sculpture that is - I don't know about the other!)

Hi. Flexigel and Flexygel are two different products,
Flexigel is Bio Sculpture
Flexygel is Michelle Porter Beauty Products.0800 083 7551 or 0115 975 4444

Scratch magazine 02087731313 are doing an offer. Send an empty pot of Bio Sculpture or Calgel and they will send you a free 3.5 gm sample FREE.
I sent off and got glitter red (like No 22 in Bio Sculpture)
I have it on at the moment over Bio Sculpture clear as i haven't any clear flexygel. It is nice to work with but not as good as Bio for colour pigment,seemed better with 3 coats. Nice to be able to try for free.

I think I will send off for Flexygel clear as it is only £25 + vat for 28gm (£1.04 per gm!) Which includes another FREE pot of 3.5gm
Not sure how long offer is on but worth giving Michelle a call, she is really nice and very helpful. Also I think she worked or trained with Bio Sculpture too.
Good luck, let me know how you get on if you do get some

Latest posts

Back