Bio Sculpture extensions with a Gelicure overlay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hey geeks... I need your advice and help please...

I'm trained in Bio Sculpture, but never really got the hang of it, so gave up once gel polish was introduced. I use Gelicure, it's really taken off for me, and I've got a real passion for nails now.

However, a lot of my clients are now asking if I can give them an extension with a Gelicure polish on top.

I'm going to practise my Bio Sculpture extension and overlay technique on my friends and family until I perfect it, but what do I use?? Once I've applied the tip and my clear coat and cured, what do I apply after this but before my S gel? I want the extension to be strong, but I don't need to worry about the colour as I'll be applying Gelicure on top for the colour/design.

Does this make sense? Any help would be really appreciated. I'm trying so hard to offer new things this year and as my clients are requesting it, I'd love to offer it!!

I did a search for a similar thread and couldn't find one, so apologies if this has already been asked and answered xx

In absolute honesty tips & Bio arent great... Sculptured extensions using Bio Sculpture Gel are by far better ...

But if you must work with tips you would be applying the tip, followed by a layer of clear (cure) then S Gel for strength & for the creating of an Apex... Once thats cured you should be able to proceed with the rest of your application.... although I just don't think you'll have enough strength in your extension if your other system doesnt have a finish gel with some level of strength too...

Have you ever given Bio Sculpture Silk Sculptures a go ?? Much stronger & longer lasting ...

You might need to private message me as Im not usually on the main forum.... thats if you need any further info... x

Thanks so much for replying to me.

I got a demonstration on the sculptures and had to do one in my exam, but I haven't tried them since as I just don't know what I'm doing properly. I think I could just about manage a tip with lots of practise!! Lol.

D you mean that they're not great in the sense of strength? If so, what if I applied two layers of S gel? Would this work? Gelicure only adds a slight bit of strength.

Thanks for your help xx

Can anybody please give me some advice regarding the two coats of S gel? Xx

Why don't you check out the new Brisa Lite system which is available for sale tomorrow morning.

I have used Gelicure over buff off gel & it works a treat.

I have also done Sculpting gel & S gel buffed then applied Gelicure, also worked fine.

Why don't you check out the new Brisa Lite system which is available for sale tomorrow morning.

Thanks for replying. I don't really want to introduce another system, if I can figure out how to go about it with bio sculpture and gelicure, I'd prefer to do that. If not, I'll definitely look into the brisa lite. Thank you :) xx

I have used Gelicure over buff off gel & it works a treat.

I have also done Sculpting gel & S gel buffed then applied Gelicure, also worked fine.

Thanks for replying.

How would I go about it? If I applied clear and two coats of S gel, cured, and then applied my gelicure, would this work? Wild the two coats of S gel be enough strength for the extension tip to last? Xx

Thanks for replying.

How would I go about it? If I applied clear and two coats of S gel, cured, and then applied my gelicure, would this work? Wild the two coats of S gel be enough strength for the extension tip to last? Xx

I don't do the extensions too long & I don't use the clear gel as the Sculpting gel is stronger than the clear.
For long extensions I use buff off gel. I prefer to sculpt than use tips.

If it is going over their natural nails,Sculpting gel then S gel, buff then Gelicure. You will have some strength from their own nail being there too.

Gelicure do have their own SO building gel but like you I like to use my BioSculpture.

Last edited:
I don't do the extensions too long & I don't use the clear gel as the Sculpting gel is stronger than the clear.
For long extensions I use buff off gel. I prefer to sculpt than use tips.

If it is going over their natural nails,Sculpting gel then S gel, buff then Gelicure. You will have some strength from their own nail being there too.

Gelicure do have their own SO building gel but like you I like to use my BioSculpture.

That's great Pooh Bear, thanks so much for your help xx

Pooh8Bear, sorry to bother you again!!

I've just ordered my sculpting gel and S gel from my distributors and explained on the phone that I was a little rusty with application and that I was going to practise. I explained what I wanted to use it for and they advised the following;

Apply sculpting gel - cure
Apply extension tip (without removing sticky layer OR buffing over)
Apply S gel all over - cure
Apply S gel on the apex - cure
Wipe off sticky layer
Buff lightly
Apply gelicure.

Does the sculpting gel part sound right to you? Xx

Pooh8Bear, sorry to bother you again!!

I've just ordered my sculpting gel and S gel from my distributors and explained on the phone that I was a little rusty with application and that I was going to practise. I explained what I wanted to use it for and they advised the following;

Apply sculpting gel - cure
Apply extension tip (without removing sticky layer OR buffing over)
Apply S gel all over - cure
Apply S gel on the apex - cure
Wipe off sticky layer
Buff lightly
Apply gelicure.

Does the sculpting gel part sound right to you? Xx

No problem. :)
Yes, when I was taught (about 6 years ago now) they didn't suggest gluing the tip straight to the nail. if you put the sculpting layer on first then cure you won't be buffing the nail plate when you are blending the tip.

I much prefer to sculpt though.

No problem. :)
Yes, when I was taught (about 6 years ago now) they didn't suggest gluing the tip straight to the nail. if you put the sculpting layer on first then cure you won't be buffing the nail plate when you are blending the tip.

I much prefer to sculpt though.

Thank you :)

I'm dreading trying extensions let alone sculptures!! Lol. One last thing, is sculpting gel applied just the same as clear gel? Nice and thin? Xx

Thank you :)

I'm dreading trying extensions let alone sculptures!! Lol. One last thing, is sculpting gel applied just the same as clear gel? Nice and thin? Xx

Not especially, I have never worried about it being especially thin, although I always think it is best for the 1st layer to not be too thick to make sure the foundation is totally cured all the way through to prevent allergic reactions for the future.

I think the Sculpting gel is my most favourite of them all as it is a slightly thicker viscosity & creamy in colour so hides any imperfections, unlike clear.

You will love it.x

I too was nervous doing extension to start with, I found it best to do 1 free ( for their first try) if a client had broken a nail, to build up my confidence. Then it takes the pressure off.
If you try & do a full set straight off I think it becomes too daunting for you & the client becomes impatient & things are more likely to go wrong.

Last edited:
Not especially, I have never worried about it being especially thin, although I always think it is best for the 1st layer to not be too thick to make sure the foundation is totally cured all the way through to prevent allergic reactions for the future.

I think the Sculpting gel is my most favourite of them all as it is a slightly thicker viscosity & creamy in colour so hides any imperfections, unlike clear.

You will love it.x

I too was nervous doing extension to start with, I found it best to do 1 free ( for their first try) if a client had broken a nail, to build up my confidence. Then it takes the pressure off.
If you try & do a full set straight off I think it becomes too daunting for you & the client becomes impatient & things are more likely to go wrong.

Ooooohh I can't wait for it to come so that I can get practising!! I have a few clients in this week to let me practise on them. I used to offer extensions, so hopefully I'll pick up from where I left off, but just be a lot more confident and better at them this time around!!

When you've buffed down the final layer of s gel, do you have to apply gelicure base coat? Or do you just start with the colour application?

I really appreciate your help xx

Ooooohh I can't wait for it to come so that I can get practising!! I have a few clients in this week to let me practise on them. I used to offer extensions, so hopefully I'll pick up from where I left off, but just be a lot more confident and better at them this time around!!

When you've buffed down the final layer of s gel, do you have to apply gelicure base coat? Or do you just start with the colour application?

I really appreciate your help xx
No, just go straight in with the colour. The Bio Sculpture becomes the base.

No, just go straight in with the colour. The Bio Sculpture becomes the base.

You're a star!! Thank you SO much for all of your help :) xx

Latest posts

Back