Bio sculpture ruins your nails she said!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I fancied treating myself today so i was calling around salons for a gel overlay. One salon said they do shellac and started to tell me about it and during her explaination said "it doesnt damage your nails like biop sculpture does" i was quite taken aback so after i hung up i thought, what the hell? so i called back and another girl answered so i said your collegue said bio damages nails, what does she mean? and she said its a thicker gel so it leaves your nails more brittle and weak!??

Slagging off another brand is unprofessional and shocked me 2 girls both said such a thing.

The whole BIO v SHELLAC v GELLISH etc etc has been going on a while, i finally decided on BIO as what i will use in my salon, happy with it as it DOES condition the nail and i can infill it once, bonus! I have never slagged off another Gel i just say the benefits of mine.

So, what do you guys think, does it really damage the nail more than Shellac?

i ve been working with bio bout 3 yrs now and I LOVE IT!!!! as long as its applied and removed correctly it does not harm your nails x

Ever want to tell people stand and repeat after me - when nails are properly and PROFESSIONALY done with PROFESSIONAL products, damage to the natural nail is not caused by the product, it is caused by picking, biting, prying, peeling, chewing said product off the nails instead of having it PROFESSIONALLY removed!!

Ever want to tell people stand and repeat after me - when nails are properly and PROFESSIONALY done with PROFESSIONAL products, damage to the natural nail is not caused by the product, it is caused by picking, biting, prying, peeling, chewing said product off the nails instead of having it PROFESSIONALLY removed!!

Exactly!!

It really peeves me that people still have this attitude.
It just goes to show how uneducated these girls are in the salon that you phoned.

We all know that no product in and of itself damages anyones nails.

Bad technicians, client interference and incorrect removal damage natural nails.

There is absolutely no need to buff the nail at all when using Shellac so it is true that is a non invasive service that people with natural nails love.

Despite what many claim, the instructions for all coloured gels require that the natural nail is buffed first with a soft buffer. Soft or not, natural nail clients shy away from buffing of the natural nail. I never touch my nails with anything but a dehydrator/sanitiser before applying Shellac.

Whatever the method, it should be explained to clients in such a way as to not sound like you are making disparaging remarks about any other salon or product.

Shellac and it's performance, ease of application, longevity and beauty speak without the therapist having to say a thing.

Totally agree, its not the products that harm the nails, it is poor technique!

I have been doing Bio for about 6 years and i never buff the natural nail, i just ensure a good cleanse\dehydrate followed by Vit dose and Exec base. After 6 years of using Bio, mine, nor clients nails are damaged, in fact the complete opposite, they are long and healthy.

Do they actually offer Bio at the Salon you contacted? Sounds to me they dont know anything about it and its there way of promoting another brand, which fair enough we all have our favourites, but we dont go round slating other brands if we dont know what we are talking about!! :(

Good on you for walking away :) xx

Latest posts

Back