Bitten nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khollyoake

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just some advice I'm after really.
I've a lady who's asked me to do her a set or l&p white tips though she's showed me her nails at the moment and they are extremely short she's a nail biter. She's had acrylics before though she said they pinged off and lifted ( they wernt done by me) I'm thinking I should try sculpting ? I've linked a picture to show the lady's nails ( I hope you can see it ok)
Thank you :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1340433419.298258.jpg

Last week I have done a full set gel on new client with nails like this. Before I started I explained that as there is not much nail they risk coming off easier than normal wear and tear and that she would have to be v careful etc. so I did tips short and oval to avoid catching. She was quite happy for me to continue treatment.

Sorry meant to say, how would u sculpt if u can't put a form under nail?

I would make the nailbed a bit longer with a bit of acrylic at zone 2. when it hase hardend you can put a form under the acrylic ledge you have made. Just try to release the skin from the acrylic with your pusher. Work dry enough so the acrylic does not run into the sides or to much on the skin.

Liz

Thank you I've had a look on YouTube to see how you would do this and I came across the method of sculpting by applying acrylic to zone 2 n blending into the existing nail bed to achieve a slightly longer Nail bed where I can then place a form . I'm gonna practice this before so I'm confident :) thank you :) x

Why not check out one of the tutorials..........."Tipping a bitten nail" ?

Hi everyone
Just some advice I'm after really.
I've a lady who's asked me to do her a set or l&p white tips though she's showed me her nails at the moment and they are extremely short she's a nail biter. She's had acrylics before though she said they pinged off and lifted ( they wernt done by me) I'm thinking I should try sculpting ? I've linked a picture to show the lady's nails ( I hope you can see it ok)
Thank you :) View attachment 16644

Hi

What I would do is pop out the little bit from your form and place it further down to extend the form, if you know what I mean so you have extra length form, then cut it across so it matches the clients nail shape and sculpt straight onto it. Sorry it hard to explain this. HTH. Ax

Yes put some acrylic on zone 2 I call it building a bridge that gives you something to sculpt your white onto my friends nails are like this and it's a lot of extra work so mind charge more xx

What I would also do is to use a camouflage pink to visually extend the length of that nail bed, so you can place the white acrylic in the proper place so you don't end up with 50% (or more) white, which would look revolting.

Thank you to all of you for ur advice am doing the nails this coming thursday so will let you know how it went will do a before and after pic .... X

I've done a few majorly chomped nail beds and I usually put a full well clear or natural tip on and blend it down then do my zone 1 in white and zone 2 and 3 in pink to give the illusion of a longer nail bed tho keeping the white tip and length quite short.
I hope that makes sense :)

Hiya, if you go on youtube and check out Young Nails tutorial vids there is one that shows you how to sculpt on a bitten nail, its very clever how he does it!
Hope this helps xxx

My lady has just cancelled on me (has to wrk) but has decided to have regular manicures to help strengthen and grow her natural nails ....thank you to all of u guys though for all ur help and advice I'm
Sure will have another nail biter to attend to soon to which all the info I've received will be put to gd use :) xx

Latest posts

Back