Blending with file or tip blender liquid??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bathbunny

Reaction score
I've just been looking at sites with nails products and found a nail blender bottle. I have always used a file before but wondered what your views were on using a blender instead. What are the downfalls or advantages of using this. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Most tip blenders are acetone based and not really good to use. They will eat in to the tip and degrade it , not giving a good foundation the the enhancement. I can blend a tip in minutes, I don't feel this would help me really. Once you use good quality tips and blend properly, you wont need any gimmicks.:hug:

Thankyou i was thinking more about doing it on myself as i do find it hard to file the sides of the tip. Any advice?? I have seen the curved files what are they used for?? sorry i am new to this, newly trained!!

Do a search here on the site on tip blender.

NOT a good thing to use, for several reasons. Tip blender degrades the tip and often is the cause of damaged nails as one tends to file thru the well of the tip. Using tip blender can be an overexposure hazard and cause very dry skin surrounding the nail plate. ALSO it is not the professional or skillful way to blend tips and actually weakens the tips substantially.

Why not try the well-less tips that you do not need to blend at all. Of course, to use well-less tips, you do need a free edge so they are not suitable for nail biters.

I used a tip blender Once, and only once, it ate away at the tip so that when I put the L&P on and it had set the tip split all the way through. I had to remove and start again.
Its very hard to get the right amount on the tip without it destroying it so now I just file, much easier I find, than using a shortcut which doesnt work!
HTH
Jen:)

hi! i like using the file fist and then use it on the corners but i use tip blender to its a much quicker way to blend the tip in to the natural nail but if get coloured one they can sumtimes turn the nail any funny colour. xx:)

Hiya bathbunny

I am training at the moment,I have never used tip blender but but the sounds of things don't think I will. When it comes to blending in the corners of the tip try using your file at a slightly different angle. I did have this problem but find it alot easier now I use the file at a slightly different angle on the corners.

hi! i like using the file fist and then use it on the corners but i use tip blender to its a much quicker way to blend the tip in to the natural nail but if get coloured one they can sumtimes turn the nail any funny colour. xx:)

:eek: funny you should say that!!

I have found in my experience that tip blenders are not quick at all compared to efficient blending with the correct abrasive. Plus there are the other inherent problems with using them. IN FACT I do not know of one professional (and I do know a few) who uses tip blender. Then I don't really know much about the nail business so why listen to me?

Can anyone recommend a tip that requires little or no blending?

One of my clients has a couple of 'hot spots' and I think that if I manage to apply non blend tips for a while (or forever) then her nails will be in much better condition. I'm not rough at blending but I think she's perhaps a bit rough with them when they're on. Aaagh!

So - waddya think?

Thanks. :lol:

I can...Creative Performance.... no blending...no shine to remove....no well....just stick em on and go..:lol:

I can...Creative Performance.... no blending...no shine to remove....no well....just stick em on and go..:lol:

Ive been reading loads of threads about these they sound great but can i ask and remember im very new to this when you put them on is there not a slight step where tip meets nail????

Yes there is, but they are so thin it is very slight:)

Ive been reading loads of threads about these they sound great but can i ask and remember im very new to this when you put them on is there not a slight step where tip meets nail????

I have found that removing almost all natural nail free edge is best...then just place on the tip of the natural nail.

My mum was taught years ago to use tip blender, but now she is retraining she can see that it is not good for the nail and she can blend better with the correct file.

i dnt know about anyone else but if using tip blender they seem to make everything a bit sticky and gunky and can turn the nail a funny colour, i would say stick to filing! x

I used tip blender and expected it to be the answer to my dreams after what the sale pitch read. I was wrong I used it and YUK! disaster. I went back to filing as you have far more control over that than using a blender. I did try again several sets of nails later thinking it may have been me (more like I'd paid good money for it) but no - still rubbish, dont bother, I bined mine.

Latest posts

Back