Blondi Rae - is it really that good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've joined the blondi rae band wagon and ordered , pretty scared to try for the first time lol
Couple of things I wanted to ask...

1. When it's applied to dry hair is it applied like a tint? What consistency is it, just wanting to know if client is able to be seats for this or have to be at a backwash?
2. As it leaves the hair very golden what is the best colours to remove the coppery tones, ashes or base colours?
3. Is it better to use permanent or quasi if quasi will ie be ok to use permanent on the next application or could it revert back to dark
4. When coming to do regrowth, and refreshing ends if needed would u apply target shade to roots and use a couple shades lighter again to refresh ends? (just concerned as to if this would darken the hair again?)

I also ordered the colour glossing, has anyone used this? I emailed to ask if this is a treatment like the dis colour clear which lasts x amount of washes etc but haven't had a reply yet lol
If anyone uses this would be fab to hear what it's like and how long it lasts?

Thanks geeks look forward to hearing from someone x

Anyone please???

Really suprised no one has replied this was such a popular product and used by Many geeks? If someone ha the time to please reply to my post on this thread please look couple posts up from this one
Thank you x

So I've joined the blondi rae band wagon and ordered , pretty scared to try for the first time lol
Couple of things I wanted to ask...

1. When it's applied to dry hair is it applied like a tint? What consistency is it, just wanting to know if client is able to be seats for this or have to be at a backwash?
2. As it leaves the hair very golden what is the best colours to remove the coppery tones, ashes or base colours?
3. Is it better to use permanent or quasi if quasi will ie be ok to use permanent on the next application or could it revert back to dark
4. When coming to do regrowth, and refreshing ends if needed would u apply target shade to roots and use a couple shades lighter again to refresh ends? (just concerned as to if this would darken the hair again?)

I also ordered the colour glossing, has anyone used this? I emailed to ask if this is a treatment like the dis colour clear which lasts x amount of washes etc but haven't had a reply yet lol
If anyone uses this would be fab to hear what it's like and how long it lasts?

Thanks geeks look forward to hearing from someone x
Apply it like a tint on dry hair at a section not the back wash
ive just used to target shade when doing re-growth
I used tint when i done mine sometimes i used a shade lighter sometimes 2 shades
hope this helps its easy x

Thanks so much gret help x

Tried it today on a friend who was a reddy base 4 home dyed ... It Was on for full hour rinsed correctly etc, lifted to a 6 /5 in some areas...
So not quite the result I was hoping for, rinsing was timed so know that was all correct..... Colour build up maybe???
She has never used live Xxl

Bit disappointed x

Tried it today on a friend who was a reddy base 4 home dyed ... It Was on for full hour rinsed correctly etc, lifted to a 6 /5 in some areas...
So not quite the result I was hoping for, rinsing was timed so know that was all correct..... Colour build up maybe???

Bit disappointed x

What's her natural colour? X

I used it for the first time on Tuesday and was really impressed my client had a mixture of bleach red and xxl black and it lifted to a base 6-7 (around her natural base shade) applied an all over colour 2 shades lighter than target and was fab the only problem was a little bit too much warmth in the ends but that's my fault for not counter acting that in my choice of tint x

Just to let u all no, I did it on my work colleague, she had a wella semi on and it worked fab! 😃

Bit disappointed x

Shame your disappointed. I know you say you followed the rinsing etc, but I wonder if it was timed? Also please bare in mind the length of the hair etc, I double their sing time if they have, long, thick hair. - I created this post initially, we have been using ever since and have had no disappointments - regardless of clients hair at start of process? Maybe try doing her again? We have done a double application and it does not wreck the hair in any way.

Hi
Yes I timed the rinsing and did for an extra minute althou her hair is long it is fine and feel it was getting rinsed throu, im not sure she would want it done again an to make it worse we coloured it 3 days later using two shades lighter than target and it went darker than before with no tone it's horrible so we are doing highlights next time :)
Maybe I will try this again soon on some one with shorter hair so it don't take as long x

Hi
Yes I timed the rinsing and did for an extra minute althou her hair is long it is fine and feel it was getting rinsed throu, im not sure she would want it done again an to make it worse we coloured it 3 days later using two shades lighter than target and it went darker than before with no tone it's horrible so we are doing highlights next time :)
Maybe I will try this again soon on some one with shorter hair so it don't take as long x

Hi,
this happened to me too, client had a base of 3 and wanted a light brown, she chose a dark blonde base 6, I stripped colour to a dark blonde but was very red too, but was all even so good result i thought, put the new colour on left for 20 mins then rinsed off, when dried it was still very dark, around a base 4 :( offered to rectify it as i felt bad that i couldnt get her the colour she desired, and also it was my fault as i didnt know to choose a target shade 2 shades lighter :(
this time i was cautious and took a test strand, stripped it again, to which it went light again, then chose a base 8 to put on to achieve the base 6 she wanted, after 5 mins i noticed it looked quite dark, rinsed it off and again, was very dark almost black.....has confused me big time, dont know what im doing wrong, deffo not the rinsing process as its all timed with a timer ....in the end i had to reluctantly resort to the bleach...i know this is a good product but i just dont get how i cant get it to work lol any advice??

Ive ordered some blondi rae & im getting abit scared of using it after the last few posts! :/ my friend is wanting her hair lighter & ive asked her to be my model for testing which she is more than happy to do :) she has purple hair, around a base 4/5 and would like it to be an 8. So i need to get a 10 to make sure it doesnt suck it all upn& go dark again? Is it best to use a semi? Do i need to wait a few days before re-colouring or shall i do it straight after? Sorry if im answering myself in the questions aha im just worrying a little :) x

I did a client 2weeks ago, from black to base 5 and highlights. Did one application and I didn't even have to flood around the highlights

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332923282.903228.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332923282.903228.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 237
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332923293.871812.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332923293.871812.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 235
I managed fine with it before when ive been highlighting, it just seemed to be this one client that i couldnt get lighter, ive managed to get someone from bright purple to base 5 highlighted with no probs, and this is the best outcome ive had so far from blondi rae, cant upload the pic coz its bigger than the 100mb allowed :( just that one other client thats got me, her hair beat me and i hate it when that happens, just thought it might have been something id done, but i did exactly as everyone else is doing

I did a client 2weeks ago, from black to base 5 and highlights. Did one application and I didn't even have to flood around the highlights

Looks lovely :)

I just want to make sure everyone using this product is taking into consideration the colour that will be under the hair before it has been stripped...as this only removes artificial colour and wont lighten unless the hair has been previously bleach or their hair is light naturally. if not, you'd still have to use bleach after, but you can use this to remove as much buildup as possible to make bleaching easier.

The only thing i can suggest with the re darkening would be that you may be rinsing long enough, but u have to be rough with it to make sure the colour is rinsed from the hair to prevent reoxidization. also just to make sure, if the hair is below shoulder and thick, add a few minutes rinsing time on, and make sure you move the hair around a lot :)

Looks lovely :)

I just want to make sure everyone using this product is taking into consideration the colour that will be under the hair before it has been stripped...as this only removes artificial colour and wont lighten unless the hair has been previously bleach or their hair is light naturally. if not, you'd still have to use bleach after, but you can use this to remove as much buildup as possible to make bleaching easier.

The only thing i can suggest with the re darkening would be that you may be rinsing long enough, but u have to be rough with it to make sure the colour is rinsed from the hair to prevent reoxidization. also just to make sure, if the hair is below shoulder and thick, add a few minutes rinsing time on, and make sure you move the hair around a lot :)
Well she has Red underneath the purple :O but she also has got a full head of bleach under that so fingers crossed! X

Before my client dyed her hair black she had lots of colour build up. Bleach, red semis browns and ten the black. So the highlights lifted better then I thought :)

Well she has Red underneath the purple :O but she also has got a full head of bleach under that so fingers crossed! X

If she has bleach underneath you should have no problem with it, i personally don't use blondi rae, but use a similar product 'Affinage Erasor' purely because i'm used to using it, and it is in a smaller size. however if blondi rae brought out smaller sizes id rather use them as you only need to rinse and then apply the buffer etc.. with affinage you need to shampoo 4/5 times prior to the buffer which can be a pain when recolouring as the scalp is left oil free and ready to be burnt (if scalp bleach is used) :sad:

make sure you give it a good rinse and you should be fine :)

Latest posts

Back