Blotchy/spattering when I do some tans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
Need some advice,
I am very thorough with consultation and applying the tan.
Sometimes when I spray the sienna x solution, it splats on and looks like lots of little spots? I adjust me gun so that less solution comes out.
I also pat it with a mitten and quickly spray again. Then it looks better.
Is this common? even when my clients aren't on any medication or menopause? I'm baffled
:confused:
Please help, thanks

Could be a number of things causing this.

Have you tried adjusting the brass screw at the back of the gun head?

Do you clean the gun through thoroughly?
How close are you spraying?

Need some advice,
I am very thorough with consultation and applying the tan.
Sometimes when I spray the sienna x solution, it splats on and looks like lots of little spots? I adjust me gun so that less solution comes out.
I also pat it with a mitten and quickly spray again. Then it looks better.
Is this common? even when my clients aren't on any medication or menopause? I'm baffled
:confused:
Please help, thanks

This sounds like you need to clean your gun out as it gets clogged this is what happened to me a few weeks back.
:hug:

Hi,

I take apart my gun and clean it every week and soak it in hot soapy water. I also soak the gun.
I spray about 6 inches away from client,( a hand away .) They seem happy with it but I just want it perfect.

Hi,

I take apart my gun and clean it every week and soak it in hot soapy water. I also soak the gun.
I spray about 6 inches away from client,( a hand away .) They seem happy with it but I just want it perfect.

Sounds good...try turning that brass nut about a qtr turn clockwise....may just tighten things up for you :hug:

Sorry it's worded differently on my diagram, I presume you mean the nozzle; where the needle pokes through at the end?

Sorry it's worded differently on my diagram, I presume you mean the nozzle; where the needle pokes through at the end?
Yep :hug:

cheers me dears, will try that! :)

Sounds good...try turning that brass nut about a qtr turn clockwise....may just tighten things up for you :hug:

I'm too scared to take gun completely apart...what if I can't get it back together again?

you need to take it apart to clean it thoroughly, you will soon get used to doing it and wont even think about it, I do mine in about 30 seconds flat now! lol

Collin are you talking about the nut right at the front of the gun where the needle pops out or where the trigger is?

It's because your gun is up too high. Turn the dial completely off and gradually turn it up whilst spraying onto some couch roll. It could be that you are spraying too close and too slowly also. It can also happen when spraying hairy areas.
Try and turn it down and see how you get on xxx

I've tried what you have said and it sprayed soooo much better this morning on clients, Thanks!

oke doke, will do :)

yea that's what I'm scared to do, especially pulling out the needle! aggghhh

I found this happens when there is 'old' solution stuck to the needle, a quick removal of the needle, clean and replacement should work.

Well now I have taken in and done what every one has said, it's better. The trick about spraying onto tissue to see if it comes through to the other side is a brilliant way to test it! Really happy

Latest posts

Back