Blow drying Vs straightening irons - your advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that called 'relaxing' the hair?
It takes the curl out of hair, I believe a lot of afro caribbean women use it to get their hair straighter.

My best friend is Jamaican... and my God she's a bitch the day before she has her weave out and her hair relaxed!!!

She has crazy hair and goes off for about 8 hours to have her hair made poker straight and she wont come out until it's done - I have NEVER seen her hair without a weave and without being straight!
I couldn't sit still that long for anything!!!!

Isn't that called 'relaxing' the hair?
It takes the curl out of hair, I believe a lot of afro caribbean women use it to get their hair straighter.

In most cases, they are different solutions as african american hair and caucasian hair are of different textures.

hth's

i have reply to make - not sure if its a reply that you will be interested in though....!! :green:

the fact is... heated appliances will dry out your hair... so ive worked out the only way to not damage your hair is to to somehow have your hair straight enough so that there is need to use anything... erm.. yes.. but then how....??

well... i have been having my hair permenately straighten for 6 years now.... i do it once a year.. its a straightening system called 'UKON' system...

this system was originated from Japan and have been popular in the far east countries for about 10 years now... the technique involves chemicals but is nowhere as harsh as your average straightening chemicals usually used..

once its done then its there... it doesnt actually come out - it grows out - ... which is the reason why i only need to do it once every year... the system flattens the surface of your hair and although chemicals are used.. the finished result is spectacular.... the hair is left soft.. shiny.. dead straight and manageable...

the best part is that when you have had it done.. there is no blow drying.. no more straightening irons and no more styling products needed... basically i just wash my hair and go these days.... it always fall straight and frizz free even without any help from any heated appliances..

too good to true....? well... yes.. that what i thought until 6 years ago.. but then i tried it once and was hooked... i dont think i can managed without it now.. it saves me time.. effort and money in the long run..

it is expensive to do though.... and you have to sit still for about 5 hours..!! but i personally think its worth it... especially the fact that i only need to sacrifice the time and money once a year...

here is a random website i found of google if anyone is interested.. it has information about what the system is... sorry mods.. im not advertising for them... but i choose this website cos it seemed informative..

go-straight - Yuko system hair straightening by an expert

to be honest.. they charge a bomb on here.... i dont ever pay this amount.. but then i know of a lot of oriental salons and hairdressers to avoid that charge.. :green:

hope this helps...

Both my sisters have had Yuko treatment and I can honestly say it is great! One of my sisters has thick wavy hair, and i couldn't believe how straight her hair stayed after the treatment. I too thought it was too good to be true, but where she had to wash, blow-dry and then straighten, after Yuko she just washed and left it and it was poker straight!! Also it didnt damage the hair in any way, it took along time to do (7 hours) and about £200, but as it grew out she thought it was worth every penny.

I believe it is not to be confused with treatments that use perming solution and the likes as they are nowhere near as effective and don't last as long xxx

I wash my hair every other day, after washing I blow dry and straighten.........on the day I don't wash my hair, I straighten...I always use a straightening spray and my hair is fine, not dry or snapping off....I don't think using straighteners on hair that is bleached though is a good idea, even with spray as the hair can't take it....it's already too killed.....I will never have bleach on my hair again, it's too damaging IMO......for subtle highlights I have 10/0.

Both my sisters have had Yuko treatment and I can honestly say it is great!

I believe it is not to be confused with treatments that use perming solution and the likes as they are nowhere near as effective and don't last as long xxx

yes.. looby lou is so correct...!!

this ukon system must not be mistaken for the usual straight perming chemicals...

it is a different system which does different things to your hair... and like i said.. although it contains chemicals.. your hair somehow comes out healthier.. shinier and smoother than it originally was... oh.. and longer cos strightening your hair takes out all the curl giving you an instant 2 inches ( or depending on how curly your hair is) in length...

i guess you need to try or see it to believe it... but it really is god's gift to woman... it is very popular in the far east.. all the misconception of all the oriental girls having poker straight hair..? well.. no.. the chances are.. they have probably had the Ukon done....!! :green:

i believe that the only type of hair that the Ukon dont work on is afro hair..

Latest posts

Back