Boob job, anyone had one? how did it go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VHunter said:
Over the muscle:
Faster recoup time, only good if you have lots of tissue, if you don't; they'll look like grapefruit or cantoloupe halves on your chest. You definately can NOT breastfeed if they are there, and they will interfere with mamograms.

Hope this helps.

Not always so, I was so flat I was almost concave. Mine are in front of the muscle wall and I can tell you they are very natural and not like grapefruit or cantoloupe halves on my chest. A lot of that has to do with how extreme the implants are size wise, I attained a very normal size and natural look. I've had to have a mamogram and although they said it would have been easier if the implants had been behind the muscle everything was clearly visible on the mamogram and ultrasound.

min11 said:
Not always so, I was so flat I was almost concave. Mine are in front of the muscle wall and I can tell you they are very natural and not like grapefruit or cantoloupe halves on my chest. A lot of that has to do with how extreme the implants are size wise, I attained a very normal size and natural look. I've had to have a mamogram and although they said it would have been easier if the implants had been behind the muscle everything was clearly visible on the mamogram and ultrasound.

My bad, I was 'generalizing'. "Most" women who are terribly flat get them under. BUT there are some (very few) that can get them over the muscle. This thing of it is this: looking at 2 ppl, they may both be flat, but one has more tissue than the other (and this doesn't refer to only the glands, but also to skin) and if your percentage of body fat is higher OR you just generally have thicker skin, you may be lucky and go over. AND what kind of implant too, there are many different kinds and shapes, and how full the Dr fills them will also be an indicator of their final shape. AGain, sorry for generalizing, just didn't want to go too long on the subject LOL:wink2: As for the mammogram issue, I guess it depends on the techician and equipment used. I was told differently by my doctor.. what can I tell ya.

flossy*I am feeling really scared about having it done, well its not so much the operation its going under anesthetic, did you feel like this or am i just a baby?? lol

Ok, take this from a GIANT chicken who passes out getting her ears pierced, it wasn't all that bad LOL Granted, I've given birth twice (gotta tell ya, THAT WAS WAAAAAAAAY much worse, would rather a boob job than give birth lol)

Yes, it's nerve racking. That is NORMAL. You have so many things to second guess and worry about. What are the end results, what if blah blah goes wrong, etc etc... This is NORMAL. Anyone who wouldn't worry about this, I'd think that they were abnormal HAHA.
Having said that, do yourself a favor and chat with women on canadaba.ca. IT is a Canadian site BUT there are tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of women that can share their stories with you, and give you TONNES of support. They will understand better than most how you are feeling. They will do the countdown with you, etc... They're a great bunch of women.
There are before and after pics, theres' information GALORE.

Now, here's something else you probably worry about. I worried and worried about size. I'm 5'4" and only 110lbs.. VERY tiny, size 2-5 in clothes, depending on the cut (26" waist).. trying to paint a picture here LOL

I didn't want to be any bigger than a B cup. That's what I agreed on with my Dr. When I came out of surgery, I FLIPPED out.. LOL They were HUGE torpedos on my chest LOL This is normal All the swelling, etc etc...
Afterwards, when the swelling went down and they started to 'drop'... they looked better. BUT I still thought they were too big (considering I had nothing to begin with, they were a bit of a shock) Turns out that they were C cups..
Granted, the dr made me a tad bigger. BUT the shirts I had tried on with stuffed b-cup bras before hand fit the same with my C's.
Meaning, enhancments 'usually' look a tad smaller than naturals because they are rounder and project less. I hope that that made sense.

Anyway... 1.5yrs later, I think that they are the perfect size and am glad my dr went with his instinct.

Hugs and drop me a line anytime if you need a hug
:Love:

Well I am now 47 and had mine done when my 20 year old son was 6 months old. I had them done by a very good surgeon called Jan Staneck in London and have heard he is now the boob man to the stars.

I had my daughter 8 years ago and breastfed her for a year and they still look great.

Most of my friends of my age have saggy boobs or wrinkly boobs. I went for a check up recently and saw same surgeon and he said they were still fine, but ideally I should have them replaced within 4 years, as techniques are more advanced i.e. the outer shell of the implant is now stronger.

I have never had any problems in 20 years and would highly recommend getting implants behind the chest wall. Maybe more painful recuperating, but worth it.

ahhh thank you very much!!!!
I will let you know how it goes and i'll try to be brave!!!!
one more thing.....
What would you recommend? General anesthetic, or local with sedation???
Im sooo scared and confused!!!!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice!!!!:Love:

VHunter said:
My bad, I was 'generalizing'. "Most" women who are terribly flat get them under. BUT there are some (very few) that can get them over the muscle. This thing of it is this: looking at 2 ppl, they may both be flat, but one has more tissue than the other (and this doesn't refer to only the glands, but also to skin) and if your percentage of body fat is higher OR you just generally have thicker skin, you may be lucky and go over. AND what kind of implant too, there are many different kinds and shapes, and how full the Dr fills them will also be an indicator of their final shape. AGain, sorry for generalizing, just didn't want to go too long on the subject LOL:wink2: As for the mammogram issue, I guess it depends on the techician and equipment used. I was told differently by my doctor.. what can I tell ya.

From everything I was told when I was researching my surgery in 1999 I was told where they were put depended patient to patient but also on the surgeon's preferred method. I have silicon but the one that doesn't leak if its ruptured. I'm very pleased still, nice shape, good result :)

Pain wise I had my moments, especially a few days afterwards but I'm not one to do as I am told and was trying to do to much as per usual. All in all though I was back to normal very quickly and so happy with my new figure I soon forgot about it!

min11 said:
From everything I was told when I was researching my surgery in 1999 I was told where they were put depended patient to patient but also on the surgeon's preferred method. I have silicon but the one that doesn't leak if its ruptured. I'm very pleased still, nice shape, good result :)

Pain wise I had my moments, especially a few days afterwards but I'm not one to do as I am told and was trying to do to much as per usual. All in all though I was back to normal very quickly and so happy with my new figure I soon forgot about it!

what is the feeling i heard silicone gel seems more natural than the saline implants who are basically like a bag full of water
i was thinkin about changing mine for that i m scared about ahveing a leak and finding myself with one side left :eek:

ahhhhhhhh Yes, the new silicone is like gummy bears.. and yes, that can go over the muscle very well if done right. Sounds like you had a great doc.:biggrin:
Mine trained in Hollywood, L.A. and worked there for 10yrs.. I'm figuring, that's the capital of 'boobyville' if ever there was one LOL

Mine are saline.. and if your saline is filled well, but not too much.. then they are nice and soft and jiggly but if they're filled too little, they're kinda like milk bags (do you guys get your milk in bags or cartons? ours comes in bags in Quebec).
Yes, let me tell you... no one was more stunned than I when they 'jiggled' as I jogged up a flight of stairs. The first time it happened, I stopped, looked down, grabbed them, looked at my mother in law (who was there at the time) and said "they jiggled?"
:lol: :lol: She near fell over laughing, she was laughing so hard LOL

According to my hubby, they feel natural. What would I know? I never had any to begin with, and have never grabbed anyone else's ROFL My only comparison is when I was breatfeeding and they were engorged and hard as rocks half the time then LOL

Personally? I would go general. Then you can take a nice nap and not worry aobut all the weird things that they are doing to you. And some of them, you really don't want to know. HAHA

Hugs luv,and go check out that site :Love:

datgirltwista said:
what is the feeling i heard silicone gel seems more natural than the saline implants who are basically like a bag full of water
i was thinkin about changing mine for that i m scared about ahveing a leak and finding myself with one side left :eek:

Well I'm told it feels pretty natural :)

I have had mine for nearly three years now and they look so natural and am so happy with them. Two other friends of mine went to the same surgeon. They spend as much time as you want and as many visits as you need to go through everything, the size, the operation, everything!

PM me for more details.
:Grope:

flossy* said:
Good luck!!! I am actually having my operation done with the Linia Cromwell hospital (Dr Badiali uummm gorgeous!) next monday the 10th!!!
I am really scared but excited at the same time!!

flossy you will have to let me know how you get on there, as i said im booked in with Mr Aslam there on 1st Aug. Can you let me know if the care was good etc...I thought kerry there, the clinical manager was a big help, and really nice.
I cant wait to get mine done, im so excited. Mr Aslam did say I could have a local, but i said no put me out, i wanna wake up with nice new boobies.
Keep intouch and let me know how u get on. I.M me if you wanna talk about it before you go in xx Donna

Just dont do what I did LOL I gave my mum and sis quite a fright ROFL

I got home from the hosp, sis and mum were waiting in the front living room off the front door.
(Keep in mind, I was still VERY loopy from the dope LOL and I honestly don't recall this haha)
I apparently staggered in, flipped up my shirt and said "YAAAYYY I HAVE BOOBIES" and the sight of them all engorged like torpedoes, drawn on with markers and taped underneath and etc etc flipped them both out

PMSL:lol:

OMG!!! Only 2days to go!!! ahhhhhhhhh the fear really is starting to kick in now!! everytime somebody mentions it my belly turns haha such a baby!!! but just think this time in 3 days i'll be a baby but with big boobs!!!! well size c/d!!!:)

Donna glad everything went well and i will let you ladies know how it went as soon as i can get to my pc!!!!!!! xxxx

flossy* said:
OMG!!! Only 2days to go!!! ahhhhhhhhh the fear really is starting to kick in now!! everytime somebody mentions it my belly turns haha such a baby!!! but just think this time in 3 days i'll be a baby but with big boobs!!!! well size c/d!!!:)

Donna glad everything went well and i will let you ladies know how it went as soon as i can get to my pc!!!!!!! xxxx

Hang in there luv. What you're feeling is NORMAL. It is scarey, but I'm sure that you'll be very happy with the results.. of course.. that's once the swelling goes down and they 'settle' :wink2:

Have any of you seen the "Roseanne' show that was all the rage in the US & Cda for a few years?
There's an episode where Roseanne goes for a reduction, and wakes up from surgery facing a teenage doctor 'Doogie Howser" (from another show) and her results are an augmentation and they really do look like huge torpedos LOL As it turns out, she's just having a nightmare
BUT
When you do wake up, they do tend to look a bit like torpedoes :lol: Try not to be alarmed haha They WILL settle and look LOVELY and you'll be OVERJOYED at how your wardrobe changes.

I wore a stuffed bra nearly all my life and after my kids, I wore one 24/7 for 3yrs and my hubby never saw the real me for 3yrs.. I had gone completely flat and was ashamed. You'll be a new woman, and how it will make you feel on the inside is INCREDIBLE.

Giant hugs and looking forward to hearing about the 'new you'.

:hug:

Hello Ladies!!!
I have boobs!!!! yeyyyy!!!
Yes i have had them done, i was in pain for a few days but now i feel much better and im really happy with the results!!! The hospital was fantastic and my surgeon!!!!!! well what can i say not only is he very very hot!!!! but he is very very talented!! my boobs dont even look fake they are perfect and i love him even more now!!!
But I am fine now but am needing help as my baby is only 6months old and i cant pick her up :sad: which is the hardest thing of all.
Anyone thinking of having it done... all i can say is go far it!!! I fell like im mended inside and out!!!

flossy* said:
Hello Ladies!!!
Yes i have had them done, i was in pain for a few days but now i feel much better and im really happy with the results!!! The hospital was fantastic and my surgeon!!!!!! well what can i say not only is he very very hot!!!! but he is very very talented!! my boobs dont even look fake they are perfect and i love him even more now!!!
But I am fine now but am needing help as my baby is only 6months old and i cant pick her up :sad: which is the hardest thing of all.
Anyone thinking of having it done... all i can say is go far it!!! I fell like im mended inside and out!!!

CONGRATULATIONS luv:!: :!:

Yes, not picking up the wee one is heartbreaking. When mine were done, my youngest was 10mths old and HOWLING for Momma to put her to bed, she didnt want anyone else and I wasn't allowed (and couldn't at first either). It broke my heart :cry: I wasn't allowed for min of 2wks, and my dr discouraged it for another 2 as I make BIG babies LOL So, at the end of 2wks, hubby would pick her up and place her on my lap in the rocking chair with a pillow on my chest between her and myself. We were all happy again then :green:

If you think you love them now, wait 12mths. Then you'll love them more when they've "settled" in.

Soooooooooooooo happy for you.
GIANT HUGS:hug:

Really pleased it has all gone well for you Flossy. Not long before i have mine now.. YIIIPPPEEE!!!!

Gosh you ladies are so brave; I'm scared of surgery but good on ya if you dare do it. Mine are OK I'm happy with them right now but may consider in 10 years time. Good luck xx

corrr, you guys are really brave!!!!

Bet there'll look really nice for the rest of the summer, your'll have an excuse to go on holiday now, just to show them off!!! he he!!!

take care,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

flossy* said:
Hello Ladies!!!

Hello,
I am new to the forum. Just read your message about Dr Badiali. I am trying to get a consult booked with him in September at the London Harley street clinic.
So would you recommend him? What size implants did you have etc....

I really want a boob job but can't afford to go private so brought the subject up with my G.P who said I might be ok to get them done on the NHS, what do you think? I had lovely boobs before I had kids, they were fantastic when I was pregnant as well!! Don't want anything silly just want to fill a bra again like I used to,as I lost musle with breast feeding from the top of my bust so struggle to get bras to fit. :cry::cry::cry::irked::cry: What happens as well if you have them done & then have more children?

Latest posts

Back