Boob job, anyone had one? how did it go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my surgeon did ask me if i planned on having any more children and the way i understand it is, even with implants boobs can still go saggy, go bigger/smaller with weight loss and lose shape as skin elasticity changes with age. Im 29 now dont plan on having anymore kids, so i thought, "what the hell" !!!

nailfairy said:
Hi, my surgeon did ask me if i planned on having any more children and the way i understand it is, even with implants boobs can still go saggy, go bigger/smaller with weight loss and lose shape as skin elasticity changes with age. Im 29 now dont plan on having anymore kids, so i thought, "what the hell" !!!

Yes, even with implants, gains and losses in weight WILL affect their shape.
ALSO if you have a 'whoops' and get preggers that way... ya know?

If you go under the muscle, the odds are high that you CAN breastfeed.
BUT if you go over the muscle, you definately can NOT breastfeed.

hth's

i always said i would never get a boob job, i hate the idea of having a sack of silicone inside my body but now ive had a baby i sort of think about having one cos my boobs are ruined! but i think ill have another baby one day and i also cant afford it so i dont think ill be having a boob job any thime soon. but anyway, i hope yours goes really well and that you are happy with the results, good luck x

I've been watching this thread with interest and was wondering if anyone has had a boob lift ?

I'm happy with the size of mine, however, gravity is starting to take it toil.

From reading various Cosmetic Surgery sites, it seems that having a lift causes more scaring than having implants :eek:

Just wanted to find out if anyone has had it done and what they thought of it.

River

a breast lifting means scars in the middle under the areola and around the areola if it needs to get moved and sometimes under the breast too
that s something to think about before doing it
is it that bad? do i want to deal with scars?
since i just had one done i might have to do it on the natural side but i m trying to delay it as much as i can :confused:
i think there s another method consisting in putting and implant to make the skin tight again
but this doesn t always looks nice especially if the breast went really low in that case you really have to go through the scars to remove the excess of skin
i have a scar around my areola on the one that i got done i was 16 i m 28 now and this scar hurts sometimes so i know i definately won t be able to breast feed would be too painful i still have the other one that s true but after i get kids i ll have to fix all that again hopefully health insurrance pays for it it s reconstructive surgery in my case
anyway i still would rather be normal :rolleyes:

datgirltwista said:
a breast lifting means scars in the middle under the areola and around the areola if it needs to get moved and sometimes under the breast too
that s something to think about before doing it
is it that bad? do i want to deal with scars?
since i just had one done i might have to do it on the natural side but i m trying to delay it as much as i can :confused:
i think there s another method consisting in putting and implant to make the skin tight again
but this doesn t always looks nice especially if the breast went really low in that case you really have to go through the scars to remove the excess of skin
i have a scar around my areola on the one that i got done i was 16 i m 28 now and this scar hurts sometimes so i know i definitely won t be able to breast feed would be too painful i still have the other one that s true but after i get kids i ll have to fix all that again hopefully health insurance pays for it it s reconstructive surgery in my case
anyway i still would rather be normal :rolleyes:

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I had a very productive day on the web yesterday and was reading about all sorts of things.

They do say the procedure involves removing and reposition the nipples which scared the living daylights out of me.

You do end up with more scars when you have a lift than when you have implants.

So much for wanting to go the natural route .....

River

right ive just read loads and brain is not coping with the 2 page overload i have just read so if i dont answer a question i do apologise just ask me again!!! lol
I went to a c/d cup but my boobs seem to be bursting out of this bra which is a 34d!!! and i had the normal round gel implants???
And well the WONDERFUL Dr Badiali!!!!! what can i say??? i love him and i am actually thinking of asking him to marry me!!!! LOL!! He is a great surgeon FANTASTIC!! i shopped around because i was so so so scared and he was the best i found he is wonderful!! and Linia was the best clinic i found everybody i have dealt with there are really lovely and helpful they are all brilliant!! i was so scared and my patient co-ordinator txt me just before my op to say good luck and she was thinking of me!!! how good is that!!
she called me everyday to check i was ok a week before the op and calmed me down when i was cryin through fear she was brilliant!!
So if anyone is thinking of having it done GO TO LINIA!!!!!

:smack:

I have had mine for nearly three years now and they look so natural and am so happy with them. Two other friends of mine went to the same surgeon. They spend as much time as you want and as many visits as you need to go through everything, the size, the operation, everything!

PM me for more details.
:Grope:

hi, i had mine done in Oct 2005, i went with the Nuffield group as i live only 5 minutes from the hospital .it is a private hospital and the first and only place my doctor recommended. i had a lady PS Mrs Matey she specializes in breast care and works within the NHS also at birmingham.

i would recommend having a boob job because it has now stopped my constant thinking and worrying about the size of my breasts i knew that this is what i wanted from the age of 17 and a year before i had it done i did try to "love" my breast for what they were but i just couldn't how i can i love something that makes me deeply depressed and emotional:sad:.

ANYWAY...:green: i'm now 18+ months post op and lovin them:Love:. i have gone from a 32AA nothing!! to a 30E/30F. there are some great forums i still use which have women on there about to have them done or like me have had them done some time and to be honest i wish i had found them before getting mine done as there is so much help and support they are UK as well not U.S which have completely different implants and ways of doing things if you would like links to these then just pm me (not sure if i can post them on here). there is i wide age range and boob range on them so anyone will fit in.

there was a question about after there done being smaller..well yes from what i read on the forums i see alot of women saying " i don't want to be like jordan! just a natural size" but once they have had them done they are writing saying they are not as big as they thought they would be, because we think a 34d or 32dd, 36c "sounds" big doesn't mean it is. i'm a 30E that sounds big but really it isn't and i would love to go even bigger. so there is alot of thinking to do regarding the way we see sizes not just about under or over, round or teardrop all these that we discuse with the surgeon. you ask them for a 34C they will give you the implant that you will need but they can't garentie you that you will be happy when you get that size and then it's to late. i can't stress enough how important it is to make sure you know the size you want as it's a costly thing to have done.

sorry if i've gone on :zzz:

lucy

any info or pics just PM me!

I have a client that literally on the day she left for the holidays in jamaica that her saline implant started leaking. By the end of two weeks, she had nothing left and was stuffing her husbands sock (4 pair) into her bra.
She is due for surgery tommorrow for a new implant. thank god it was still under warranty. ;)

Hello
I had my breast augmentation over 5 years ago in Paris,and have had no complications whatsoever.

Alot of emphasis is on size but im a respectable 32d,was a 32a.

Some people have strong views on cosmetic surgery,and at the time i had no support from my family apart from my husband.To me it was more a form of corrective rather than cosmetic,as it was more of a personal issue.

We all make choices in life,i made my ownand have no regrets.

:lol: - I had a reduction about 4 'n a half years ago and I gotta say it's the best thing I ever did - apart from having my kids. But saying that having my kids made my boobs resemble an old sock with a tangerine at the bottom so I just had to do something. They were a whopping 32H (don't get measured at M & S - they told me I was a 38E and they were still down at my feet!) - John Lewis Lingerie Department rocks by the way. Anyhoo (getting side tracked) I can now run for the bus (not that I need to cuz I've got a car but should I ever have to.....) and I can jump up 'n down on the spot. They're pert 'n perfect (bit bigger than they used to be cuz I have an affinity to chocolate and crisps) and "yay" for plastic surgery and the NHS. Anything that's gonna make you feel better about yourself is a good thing. Pondering about my deepening crows feet - waddya think? :green:

I've been watching this thread with interest and was wondering if anyone has had a boob lift ?

I'm happy with the size of mine, however, gravity is starting to take it toil.

From reading various Cosmetic Surgery sites, it seems that having a lift causes more scaring than having implants :eek:

Just wanted to find out if anyone has had it done and what they thought of it.

River

Glad there's a Gravity problem in your house too :green:

I'm 23 and my boobs are now a B cup from a C and I prefer them to be honest.. but I swear they point South..!

Hello
I had my breast augmentation over 5 years ago in Paris,and have had no complications whatsoever.

Alot of emphasis is on size but im a respectable 32d,was a 32a.

Some people have strong views on cosmetic surgery,and at the time i had no support from my family apart from my husband.To me it was more a form of corrective rather than cosmetic,as it was more of a personal issue.

We all make choices in life,i made my ownand have no regrets.
Can i be cheeky and ask how did you manage to go from an a cup to a d cup, i thought that you could only go up by two sizes.
This question is also aimed at Lucy Locket who went from an aa cup to a e/f cup.
This is an op i have been considering for some years now but i am an a cup and wouldn't want to pay out all that money if i could only go to a c cup, i think i would prefer to go to a d cup ( been greedy an all that lol )

Funny that you ask!!!!:green:
I just went in and had a mamogram, the (1st) nurse was like are those real , no.( i say) wow they are great, I just laughed . Then I had an ultrasound on them and the(2nd) nurse was like ,when did you have your surgery , 2001 i said she then calls out to the other (3rd) nurse to have a look, then the dr. well to my best guese , I have some AWSOME implants,:eek: ( and these are boobie experts!!!)
Well lets just say I have them and love the prettly lil ladys!!!:lol:
:hug:
Fingerfun!
hi as you said even the nurse thought they were fab, can I ask where you got them done. I'm planning to get mine in sept and currently going for consultations.

thanks!!! :-D

Hi I've just put in for one on the NHS. But have been looking at "Transform" In Manchester. my friend just had them done there & they are fab can't even they aren't real!! I want to go to "Transform" really but it will cost £3,900 to have them done, trying to talk hubby round!!!! Not for vanity but just so I can bras & clothes that fit as when I had my boys I went down 2 sizes & lost all the muscle in the top of my bust so nothing fits right. :cry: Don't want to wait ages on the NHS either. Its really getting me down has been for a couple of years now, I don't shut up about it. :cry: :cry:

hi
loubylou you can go up more than 2 cup sizes just depends on PS and your size to start with. yes i was a 32AA AKA ironing board LOL! i had an implant size of 410cc which is the biggest size i could have had i do think this is one of the larger implants as alot of people on the forums i read only have 300cc or 365cc.

i do wear a range of sizes depending on the shop M&S say i'm a 30E but if it's got padding i need a F. Debenhams i wear a 32DD and get this i just brought 3 bras from La Senza which where a 34DD LOL.

you will still have Boobie Greed after no matter what size you have, you have to remember implanted boobies look smaller than real ones the same size.

hope this helps!

lucy x

hi
loubylou you can go up more than 2 cup sizes just depends on PS and your size to start with. yes i was a 32AA AKA ironing board LOL! i had an implant size of 410cc which is the biggest size i could have had i do think this is one of the larger implants as alot of people on the forums i read only have 300cc or 365cc.

i do wear a range of sizes depending on the shop M&S say i'm a 30E but if it's got padding i need a F. Debenhams i wear a 32DD and get this i just brought 3 bras from La Senza which where a 34DD LOL.

you will still have Boobie Greed after no matter what size you have, you have to remember implanted boobies look smaller than real ones the same size.

hope this helps!

lucy x
This is great news Lucy as i am only 34aa if that to start with so i was thinking that going up by two sizes wasn't really going to make me look much different and it is a lot of money to be disappointed with the result,
what do you mean by PS ? and where did you go for your op ?

Hi Louise

i dont really know in answer to your question.

All i know is the surgeon made the biggest i could go but still within my body frame so i was in proportion.

I just laied all my trust in him.:green:

Good luck with your surgery should you go ahead with it.:hug:

Thanks hun
i hope to have the op next January if i can find someone to cover the salon for me,
i cant let my clients down and have promised if i cant get cover then i wont go for the op :rolleyes: how soft am i lol

Latest posts

Back