Book or Kindle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Book or Kindle?

• Book

Votes: 104 49.5%
  • Kindle

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters

blossom

Reaction score
As the title suggests . . . . which do you prefer?

For me, a readable gadget will never replace a book. I like the look and feel of a book, the turning of the pages, being able to see how far through the book you are, etc etc and other reasons I just can't quite put my finger on

I don't have a kindle and if someone bought me one, I'd probably take it back.

I'm not rubbishing them though. They are just not for me.

Call me old-fashioned lol

So how about you?

I still buy my all time favourite books in hardback...can't beat a hardback. However, for books i'm going to only read once it's kindle all the way. My dad bought me one the Christmas before last and I was adamant I wouldn't like it. I was wrong! :green:

Kindle! I LOVE reading but hate clutter so kindle is perfect for me so I can "hide" my books ;)

I felt the same way about books, but I bought a kindle last year and I love it I'm even thinking about updating it to the new paperwhite kindle x

I felt the same way about books, but I bought a kindle last year and I love it I'm even thinking about updating it to the new paperwhite kindle x

Ooo what's that? Sounds snazzy!

Kindle without a doubt. When I go on holiday I normally read 4 or 5 books and they take up so much space, my kindle has sooo many books on and it takes up less space than a book. Plus it's so easy to download a new book - no waiting for it to arrive / having to go to the shops.

Love it.

Although there have been times when I wished I was reading a book so that I could throw it at the wall in anger (50 Shades of Grey, I'm lookin at you!!)

It has to be a book every time for me.

Having to look at yet another computer screen will just send my eyes into meltdown :eek:

Also, when there's a point in a book or cross reference that you want to go back to, you have a rough idea where you need to be looking don't you, so IMO it's much easier to do this than having to trawl back through pages and pages of text in the hope that you can find it again!

it's hard to beat the smell of a new book.....

I'm an avid reader but a Kindle girl now. As said above so convenient for travel and as I always read in bed, much lighter to hold .. I have Kindle on my ipad too so if I wake in the night I can read without turning on a light and disturbing my snooring partner .... and @ noodle ... you can easily highlight passages you like on a Kindle and bookmark them for further reference as well as being able to look up words you are not familiar with right on the spot for definition.

and @ noodle ... you can easily highlight passages you like on a Kindle and bookmark them for further reference

... but I don't get why you would highlight passages in advance of possibly coming back to them later. Surely, you can't know whether you'll need to cross reference until it actually happens.

I felt the same as all the book lovers then my OH bought me a Kobo...I didnt think I would like it, now I take it everywhere, I LOVE IT

wow so many of you have been converted lol

i may have to try this kindle thing some time!

Kindle... I love having lots of books on it and its light for bed.. I'm naughty though and love reading in the bath so I usually take it with me..I love it xx

I love, love, love my Kindle! So much easier for holidays abroad (I read 4-5 books so means I have more space for clothes!) Plus easier to read than a book on the packed tube to work, lighter to carry in my bag... Kindle all the way for me :)

I am a major book lover, i even love how a book smells and turning the pages!!! however I'm not a big traveller, my husband works away and swears by the kindle for the sheer portability of it. Each has there place, but I do love books! :)

I have the kindle on my iPad and have not looked back. I love looking in Amazon for free books to download. Much easier than going to the library and the library rarely has any of the books I want.

I said book wasn't even arguable.
Until my OH bought me a kindle for Xmas!!
I love it I love the little search features when I want to look back and the fact I don't have to wait for a new book.
I wouldn't upgrade to the new ones as I don't like going on the Internet and having a backlight Ect, otherwise id just have the kindle app! X

I love reading, would happily sit all day and read.
Some books I read over and over and over again and even though I'm careful they get a bit tatty, faded with pages coming loose.
With my kindle I can read a book as much as I want and it's still like new condition :)
Also been finding that that the price for the books I download are cheaper than in print

So I vote kindle !

Vicki x

....being able to look up words you are not familiar with right on the spot for definition.
I love this feature, that you can just press on a word and it gives you a dictionary definition! Especially when you're reading a book where the author needs to step away from the thesaurus!

Latest posts

Back