Book or Kindle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Book or Kindle?

• Book

Votes: 104 49.5%
  • Kindle

Votes: 106 50.5%

• Total voters
Kindle all the way.

A few people have said that they would not like looking at a screen to read. That's the beauty of a Kindle, the screen is as close to a printed piece of paper as possible. It is totally different to reading on an iPad for instances that has a back light like a computer.

You could read for hours (and I often do) and your eyes would not get tired using the Kindle.

I just love mine, I would not be without it.

I meant to add this about the screen too!

I meant to add this about the screen too!

I don't like the kindle screen at all. My partners Mother has one and the screen looks so drab. I much prefer black text on white paper. But as I say, for mass-market throwaway trashy 'novels' its a much better option for the environment!

I love books and have loads and have run it of room, hubby bought me a kindle last Christmas, knowing I wasn't keen on the idea of a electronic book, nearly 12 months after I will happily say it was the best pressy he could have got, I lve it, it's always in my bag and I now there is always a free book I can grab. Plus bonus takes up no room lol.

I have always loved books, I have the kindle app on my phone and iPad and LOVE it, my daughter has a kindle and is always badgering for more books.

I love how I can carry hundreds of books on without the weight, but I miss turning pages!

xx:twisted:

I love my kindle, I can read for hours without getting a head ache.

I have the kindle app on my ipad so if I haven't got my kindle once but want to read my book I can sync my ipad and kindle to the furthest page I've read! But I cant read for too long on my ipad as I get headaches easily.

I wouldn't without my kindle.

X

I love my kindle, got all my faves on it, it's so easy for holiday and means I don't have to look at books on a shelf collecting dust!!!xxx

I love my kindle bit I have to admit I do like the feel of a book......if you know what I mean!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Book. You can't beat the smell of the pages in a new book. Maybe that's just me been slightly odd? ;)

I did have a kindle but ended up selling it as I didn't like it. I prefer a book, plus I use the library and charity shops / boot fairs for my books.

Both!
I still love reading a good old book but theres something about the kindle that makes you love it all the same! Plus I think it helps that I have a cute pink case :\ :o

Book everytime

I'm looking to get my mum a kindle for christmas but which one??? why is there so many??!!! i would like one with a light up screen so she can read it in bed without one of those silly clip on lights? would you recommend a kindle or a nook? or is there something better? all i want is a ereader with a light up screen! please help :lol:

I'm looking to get my mum a kindle for christmas but which one??? why is there so many??!!! i would like one with a light up screen so she can read it in bed without one of those silly clip on lights? would you recommend a kindle or a nook? or is there something better? all i want is a ereader with a light up screen! please help :lol:

I think the kindle paper white has the light up screen so that would be a good one for her. They are just bringing out new ones with new features, that's all. :)

I think the kindle paper white has the light up screen so that would be a good one for her. They are just bringing out new ones with new features, that's all. :)

ahhhh thank you! i will have a look at that one :D gosh they have to make things so darn confusing :lol:

kindle on holiday = more room for shoes ;)

Bad news for you, my lovelies. Take it from a college librarian (me), other than classics, paper books will be a memory.

Already in the U.S., we have a completely electronic library. It has begun.

New library to be book-less- The Daily Dose - MSN Living

I, myself, am an "electronic" librarian...ebooks, esubscriptions and databases. I haven't dealt with a traditional book in I can't remember when.

I love reading and have a huge collection of books! Although sadly they are just sat in boxes under my bed as I don't have the space for them. I still like to buy books when they're ones I think I'll read again and again, just for sentimental value. Kindle is fab for trying new books out cheaply, so many are either free or dead cheap and if you don't like them then it's no extra clutter. Must admit though, I use the app on my phone more! Only really brought a kindle for holidays cause otherwise I'd be going over my luggage allowance just cause of books, and on an iPhone screen the kindle app isn't easy to see properly with the glare from the sun. Thankfully we don't get much of that in England though haha so works out perfectly to use my iPhone the rest of the year!
I'm sitting in the fence I guess, absolutely love the feel/smell of a book but a kindle is so practical.

When I'm looking for a new book, I go to a bookshop. I love flicking through a book. Once I've found one I download it onto my kindle. I just don't have the spare room for books. Too many kids toys in my house :(

I love love love the kindle!! Wouldn't ever be without it x

Oooooh....just got my first ever Kindle! I have gone over to the Dark Side!

Latest posts

Back