Boyfriend troubles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, this is going to sound so stupid but I seriously need an opinion!
Me and my boyfriend were arguing the other week about a girl who comments on everything he puts on Facebook, I have now deleted Facebook because I can't be bothered with the drama!
Anyway, he just tells me that she asked him for his number so she could call him and they were only talking about a guys he is "seeing". I just don't know how to feel about this!
Please help me out :(

Okay, this is going to sound so stupid but I seriously need an opinion!
Me and my boyfriend were arguing the other week about a girl who comments on everything he puts on Facebook, I have now deleted Facebook because I can't be bothered with the drama!
Anyway, he just tells me that she asked him for his number so she could call him and they were only talking about a guys he is "seeing". I just don't know how to feel about this!
Please help me out :(

I think you do know how to feel about this my lovely :hug:

Did he give her his number? If he did it's time to say goodbye.

xx

Yeah he did, but he says it's just me not trusting him..
I'm so confused xx

I'm so confused xx

Have you told him how you feel about this. .if not, you must.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmmm so he gives out his number to another girl that stalks him on Facebook and then blames you for not trusting him?
He sounds like he is trying to manipulate you, if he doesn't understand you and refuses to talk about it then say goodbye Hun.
Life is too short to put up with that ****!
You deserve the best!
Xx

Thank you everyone for your help! I think I'll talk about it with him tomorrow. Wish me luck xx

Good luck Hun. Xx

I would be less than impressed if that was my boyfriend !!

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx

I'm a super jealous person I wouldn't put up with that but speak to him let him know how you feel that is the only thing you can do good luck!

I've had this recently. I just noticed this girl liking all his pics n statuses n we all work at the same place but I didn't know her until one day she walked past me with a smug look on her face. Spoke to the boyfriend n he said they just talk about work (yet they're on different departments) I said I don't like it there's no need for it especially as she's acting smug about it. Anyways he got really upset as he didn't think he was doing wrong at the time. They don't message now. Just talk to him and make it clear how you feel n let us know how it goes xxx

Ask him to put himself in your shoes. If you were constantly chatting to some other bloke and giving your phone number out how would he feel? He might genuinely just be being friendly but if that's the case he should be able to distance himself. Trouble is if you keep asking might just get stubborn over it and keep talking to her just to prove a point. Say your piece, leave it at that and wait. His true intentions will become clear in time.

I'm so confused xx

This response is both defence and control.

You are confused because your gut instinct is trying to tell you something important but your heart is not willing to listen :hug:

Trust your gut instinct it is NEVER wrong.

Speak to him, be persuaded if you wish but keep your eyes open :eek:

xx

He's a player so dump him. He's feeding you a line.

Not good! Take it as a warning! ! Instincts vital here. Follow them.

How is your relationship otherwise.Some people like to set themselves up with someone else before they leave their present relationship.

How is your relationship otherwise.Some people like to set themselves up with someone else before they leave their present relationship.
Men are very different in relationships. Generally speaking, men don't like aggro or confrontation, so rather than end a relationship they mess around with someone else.

If he's doing this now, I'd get out. Sorry as I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear.

People have had affairs since the year dot but it's easier these days with texting and Facebook. Years ago if someone was having an affair, it would either be in their lunchtime or at a 'working away' situation. To contact the person during evenings and weekends, they'd have to take the dog for a walk and find a phone box. Nowadays, people have virtual affairs online via Facebook etc.

Men are very different in relationships. Generally speaking, men don't like aggro or confrontation, so rather than end a relationship they mess around with someone else.

If he's doing this now, I'd get out. Sorry as I'm sure that's not what you wanted to hear.

People have had affairs since the year dot but it's easier these days with texting and Facebook. Years ago if someone was having an affair, it would either be in their lunchtime or at a 'working away' situation. To contact the person during evenings and weekends, they'd have to take the dog for a walk and find a phone box. Nowadays, people have virtual affairs online via Facebook etc.

I couldn't agree more Kim.
If he's doing this now hes giving you a little taste of what he's really like, the more you stay the more he will do it.
If he really cares for you he'll come back after you.
And I know it's not easy to hear but better hearing it from us than getting yourself heartbroken!
Xx

Go with your instincts...it would set alarm bells off for me though! I had a similar situation with an ex and someone from work...he ended up cheating on me and I found out because I checked his phone and it was exactly who I thought it was...instinct is usually right :)

I agree with SarahC, I went through this with my ex hubby, 5 months after we got married (after 8 years together). I had a gut feeling something wasn't right, all the liking each other's statuses, posting cryptic updates and songs etc, but I clung onto the relationship, with him telling me I was being stupid, all the time feeling like I was going mad. Anyways to cut a long story short he broke up with me stating things had 'just changed' since we got married, lo and behold 6 months later he was in a relationship with her, they are now engaged and have a baby together.....moral of the story, always trust your gut instinct!

I am totally over it now though, it was 3 years ago, I have someone new, who I know loves me so much more than I was ever loved by my ex, and the feeling is totally reciprocated, I'm excited at the thought of where my life is headed, having kids, my career going from strength to strength and growing old together.

Don't ever be scared of what the future may hold, I was, that's why I clung on, but I realised he really wasn't worth it! FWIW he now lives in a poky house in a rubbish area with 3 kids and 2 dogs, he is happy with his life, good for him, but I realise I always wanted more. I've pushed my career, I'm almost a chartered accountant (only 4 more exams to go), my fella has his own electrical engineering company, we live in a beautiful house in a lovely town in the countryside that is extremely sought after, so all in all I got the better end of the deal!

My boyfriend says that no decent man who's in a serious relationship could ever sustain a friendship with a woman that's not his girlfriend's friend. There's no such thing as it's unnatural for men and at the end of the day they only have one thing in mind.

To be fair, some woman are just as bad when an ex colleague of his started inviting him over to her house for movies and supposed work parties. He claimed that she was just a friend because he wasn't ever alone with her but soon realised how naive he was when she confessed her feelings for him at one of these dinner parties (oh and she knew he was dating me).

So I guess the reason why we're still together is because we talk about everything. I agree with others, you should talk to him about how you feel about the situation and if he continues to question your trust, explain that a relationship is about compromises and doing things that makes each other happy and comfortable. If he still disregard your opinion, then he's not worried about how you feel and if it's upsetting you. If that's the case then he's not for you. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back