Brazillian...hollywood...las Vegas??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

LOADS OF QUESTIONS..................HELP

I want to get myself on a Brazillian Waxing course shortly.

Have you had one? Comments on pain? or............

Does anyone offer this as a service? What's the best product to use?

Is it popular? how much do you charge??

Can you explain EXACTLY what is involved erm... discreetly without causing any offense to fellow geeks. It seems to vary with everyone i ask!!!

Thanks

What is it about this site we reveal all our secrets????:o

Brazilian - hmmm, the phrase "Hurts like hell" springs to mind!!!!!

Hollywood - no way! Above was painful enough, I'm not insane!

Las Vegas - don't know what that one is so can't comment!

Salon local to me charges £15 for a Brazilian, none of the others list it in their prices....and the one that lists the Brazilian doesn't list the Hollywood.
The girl who did it said that their boss let them do the hollywood on her so they could learn but said it was excruciating, apparently none of the others wanted it done as looked too painful!

They didn't use warm wax with strips, they used hard wax, apparently it doesn't hurt as much!!!! I didn't see/ask what it was but think this is what the 'Brazialian body hard wax' is - sorry, can't remember who makes it but they sell it in Sallys...
Once the wax has been applied and sets, they have to peel back a bit of the edge to get something to grip, to pull the rest of the wax off - this is uncomfortable - feels like the hairs are being plucked out one at a time, when the rest is pulled off, it's like waxing with strips, but depending on the area depends on the level of pain.

HTH and hasn't put others off their tea!

i am really wantin to do the course , but i aint brave enough to let em practice on me :irked: , i would have to have a model :D
i do my own and cant relax enough to let anyone else do it ,i either use sugar , or warm wax ,(did not like the hot wax !!!)

Hi

we offer brazillian and hollywood in my salon. The brazillian is very popular not that many clients have the hollywood though.
We use depilieve pearl facial/bikini wax with strips.

HI
Thanks bryony for spilling the beans!!

Little angel, where abouts are you based?

I work nr Stamford Lincs

Are you nr there?

May be booking in!!

A las Vegas is in all the mags at the moment with the smilegem / rhinestones applied i think!!! Whatever 'floats your boat!!!'

Thanks

Ambx

I must be a numpty as I have no idea what a Hollywood or Las Vegas is? Is it that offensive to say? Yikes.. maybe I dont need to know either (crossing my legs and getting the picture :(

I have had a brazillian and I am now hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!! My only problem is the salon I go to charge £25 for it, I did not think it hurt that much, but once you have had babies nothing hurts!"!!

They use a pink creme wax which is hot. I love them, The first one I had was a playboy which was a little sparce to say the least. Would not have a hollywood too much I think.

Never had one done but want it done.

Had a bikini wax and that wasnt as painful as i expected

Can anyone recommend a salon/mobile who does a brazillian/hollywood/las vegas that are near me?

Seem to be very behind the times here.

em x

I thought a Brazillian was nearly all off but just a little strip left. Not sure if they remove any from the er 'under carraige' !!

Hollywood is all off ...everywhere....am i right in thinking that??

Las Vegas is in the mags as marketed by Smile Gems...think its either a brazillian or a holywood with some smile gems applied as 'bling' he he.

Thanks

pmsl too!!!

Anyone know how you 'x' rate a thread !!!!!

Just going off the beaten track a bit.......little story for ya............

We have a bloke who is in our nvq II beauty class...Waxing day on saturday...all the other students .....'Sorry Alistair but you can come in and watch this'

MUGGINS get the guilt trip....he's gotta learn some how......'OK Alistair you can come in our room ' Good job i wasnt having a Brazillian!!!

LOL

MINKUS said:
I thought a Brazillian was nearly all off but just a little strip left. Not sure if they remove any from the er 'under carraige' !!
Thanks

:cry: :D :cry: :D PMSL!!!!!

Yes, good description! They strip off the side bits, as you would a regualr bikini wax, but probably a bit more so it doesn't look odd next the the strip they leave on the top bit.

Hollywood is everything - yes. Some parts of the Brazialian were painful enough, she said it gets more painful the lower you go :evil: makes my eyes water just thinking about it.....

Having moaned about the pain though I'd have a Brazilian again - hope that it gets less painful after the first one as the hair should be softer.....that's what I'm telling myself anyway, so if it isn't true I don't want to know!

a friend of mine went to New York last year for a 'romantic' weekend away. She had hers done in the shape of a heart as a suprise.
Apparently her husband nearly p***ed himself laughing! And who said romance was dead!!!!?????

I find this method the least painful pmsl

Attachments

• BikiniMower.jpg
    BikiniMower.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 2,985
Oh what a corker!!

I like it !!!

LMAO.....PMSL......LMAO some more!!!!

New one for ya RBK ribs bloomin' killing!!!

That reminds me, maybe that piccie is where she got the idea......

Forget the smilegems - my mum has a tatoo of a man with a lawnmower - now THAT'S painful! :eek:

Hi All,

Just want to say how very entertaining!!! LOL!!!

I have had loads of waxing done as well as Brazillian, yes, they do only leave a thin line in the middle, very sexy!! Hollywood is everything off!! I so want one of those. But then again I have a very high pain threshold and no I haven't had kids. My boyfriend thinks I just enjoy the pain, yes he is sick!! :)

The secret behind being waxed and not feeling a thing is to relax, because the minute you tense up it will hurt like hell!! The person doing the waxing needs to be very, very quick when pulling the wax off!!! I think it's something that comes with loads of experience. I used to do my own brazillian waxing and got slighlty lazy. ;)

Just brought a How to 'Brazillian' wax Video and the wax is on the way from Ellisons....my beauty college buddy coming round on Thurs....bare as a badgers Bottom by Friday !!!!

he He

Tickled Pink...tried to pm you.... empty your inbox!!

MINKUS said:
Tickled Pink...tried to pm you.... empty your inbox!!

emptied now! :D

Latest posts

Back