Brazillian...hollywood...las Vegas??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG the remington and a red felt tip are sounding more appealing as the thread goes on!! lol

My gigi video arrived yesterday.....FunkyFingers & I sat in front of the video - daughter and hubby out of the way in anticipation...

Followed my euggghhh, oh my gosh...could you do that...yes? would you do it?...dont know now if i could.....oh what the heck we'll do the training anyway!

And ALL OFF is called a 'SPHNYX'

Obsiously i cant put details on this thread but if you want to know how its done or want to know where to get the vid from pm me (or ebay do it!!)

MINKUS said:
My gigi video arrived yesterday

:eek: !!!!!!!!!

sounds like a certificate 18 video to me! Think i'll pass on the SPHNYX!

There was a warning on the box!

any 1 kno of a good salon for brazilians/ hollywood in north east area?
xx

oh no buttonmoon - i'd be looking for a salon the opposite end of the country - never know when are where you might next run into your 'waxer' - i'd be far too embarrassed!

Tickled Pink! said:
oh no buttonmoon - i'd be looking for a salon the opposite end of the country - never know when are where you might next run into your 'waxer' - i'd be far too embarrassed!

...gotta say if i was to have one of these waxings done it would definately be somewhere I'm not known...could you imagine running into him/her with say your dad and then trying to explain who it was
'Oh, thats the person that waxes my (urmm?!?) mary!' lol nah don't think so

i remember once being at the hospital seeing the gynecologist....there i am trying to look nonchalant, when the doctor says, without looking up...'i think i know your father in law from the golf club'!!!!!!!!!
i nearly broke his glasses.

well...we did it...we did a 'conservative version' not the 'full version' hurt quite a bit !!!

The gigi wax is good...you paste it on wait about 30 seconds then no strips needed flick it up and pull it off.......i can see why gigi sell a 'numb' spray..which we didnt have............ooouch!!!

Looks cool though!!

Me x

Well you have used the best type of wax for the job as you have more control with it rather than using wax and strips.Just make sure you pull the skin as tight as possible and try to get wax off in one go.

The worst thing is you have to do both sides as you cant go round with a half done "under carriage" pmsl.

kathy

MINKUS said:
well...we did it...we did a 'conservative version' not the 'full version' hurt quite a bit !!!

The gigi wax is good...you paste it on wait about 30 seconds then no strips needed flick it up and pull it off.......i can see why gigi sell a 'numb' spray..which we didnt have............ooouch!!!

Looks cool though!!

Me x

Didnt let her get that far!!!!

Only did the top/strip left other 'parts' in tact for another day!!!

Too painful.....lol!!!!!!

Tickled Pink! said:

Nothing to worry about......... Don't think the waxer will be paying much attention to your face:D

Well, despite the torture last time, I'd thought I'd brave it again :cry: ......

Believe it or not it was fine!

Wouldn't say it didn't hurt but was no-where near as tear inducing as last time! She used hot wax, I don't think it was the same stuff as last time. Also a different beautician - got her name to make sure I get her again next time!:)

I've booked in for a Hollywood next week, but wish I'd read this first!! :Scared:

My local Health Spa in Basingstoke charge:eek:

£16.50 for a Brazilian
£23.00 for a Hollywood
£33.00 for a Vegas

Do they wear goggles, gloves and a mask?!!! ...lol:o :o EEEWWWW!!

pmsl , tell us all about it when you have had it done :lol:

U Can Get A Numbing Spray........................ouch.............i Would Recommend They Use This If You Have A Normal Ammount Of Hair .....going Straight For The 'all Off Option' Will Be Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know of a salon in Lancashire or greater manchester that offers a brazillian,:Scared: I've always wanted one but theyre a bit sheltered up here!!

What a fab post tho!!! Its had me in stitches!!!

hi if u look on babtac website there is a woman who does training on brazilians in manchester, so you could volunteer as a model , or maybe just ask her to do it ,
it will be under a thread called brazilians or something and she is called dtbi ,
hth love dee

what exactly is a vegas?
xxx

I'm thinking about waxing, only ever done it once, with a home kit and it hurt like hell! I pluck my own eyebrows and I can only do a couple of hairs a day cause it is tooo painful, I know I'm a baby!

Does the numbing spray work?

Latest posts

Back