Brazillian...hollywood...las Vegas??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just sat and read this thread from the start and I am grinning like a cheshire cat!

I havent had it done and had a baby 7 months ago ending up in an emergency c section and the scar is low and painful (had to go back in to be re-cut and stiched a few weeks after first op!!) so no one is ripping anything near that thing!!

Anyhow a colleague of mine had it done and she did get on all fours after the 'top' was done and they did the "under carriage" whilst she was on her hands and knees - how dignified!

Whats the re-growth like with a brazilian?

mstern said:
Whats the re-growth like with a brazilian?

I find I get a few red Bumps (ingrowing hairs I think) so I just exfoliate around the area! and it is fine..

i have a copy for sale £10 + inc post if anyone wants it or ebay do it or i did a search on yahoo there is a site that sells them. I cant remember where it was though........................ DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i did my course on Tuesday !!!

1 1/2 hours up the motorway at the home of ELITE....we did the Hive Hot waxing course. Many Thanks to Lily (whos lovely) and Liz (trainer), who was very funny !

Went along with my buddy FUNKYFINGERS....

It was a fab Day a very very hot day.....9 of us on the course....felt like a giggly teenager to start with.....well all day really !!

Especially when asked if we should break for lunch and i said 'nah lets get cracking on the waxing' hadnt realised what i had said !!! pmsl !

Well i have to say it wasnt that bad doing it (didnt have it done as we had to work in a 3 unfortunately but that was my cop out excuse running out of time!!!)

Heard some screams throughout the day !! Most peeps wanted to try 'all off' !!

Well i am now a 'trained' hot waxer.....just need to find a few victims and DEFINATELY get the old speed up seemed to take ages as the wax wasnt cooling in the heat !!!!

I think i shall have a heart attack the first one i get booked in but hope to get over that!!!!

Ambxxx

Hot wax does take some getting used to, and it really is a pain when it wont set!!

Glad you enjoyed it though.

i did my first standard bikini wax last night, since my course all the way back in february. I ony bruised her a little, just over the tendon/bone on my cack-handed side - i feel really bad about it, but i know i'll get better with more practise! I know what i did wrong, which is a start! I use PhD waxing, so it's a bit different to using a spatula, plus it's warm wax....

any volunteers??!!

awww, Amb, I wish i was closer and i could be your first client!!!

I must admit i dont think i could be doin with faffin about with hot wax on the bikini line, ill stick to my warm wax and srips!!

I do my own hollywood with an epilator! couldn't face going to have it done by someone else and i can't understand why anyone would WANT to do this for a job! a beauty friend of a friend told her it wasn't very nice as she has to get the clients in doggy style to do it and get way up there behind them!!!!!!! no way Jose. i felt stupid enuf in my paper knickers when i had a body wrap and she was smearing seaweed too close!

MINKUS said:
well i did my course on Tuesday !!!

1 1/2 hours up the motorway at the home of ELITE....we did the Hive Hot waxing course. Many Thanks to Lily (whos lovely) and Liz (trainer), who was very funny !

Went along with my buddy FUNKYFINGERS....

It was a fab Day a very very hot day.....9 of us on the course....felt like a giggly teenager to start with.....well all day really !!

Especially when asked if we should break for lunch and i said 'nah lets get cracking on the waxing' hadnt realised what i had said !!! pmsl !

Well i have to say it wasnt that bad doing it (didnt have it done as we had to work in a 3 unfortunately but that was my cop out excuse running out of time!!!)

Heard some screams throughout the day !! Most peeps wanted to try 'all off' !!

Well i am now a 'trained' hot waxer.....just need to find a few victims and DEFINATELY get the old speed up seemed to take ages as the wax wasnt cooling in the heat !!!!

I think i shall have a heart attack the first one i get booked in but hope to get over that!!!!

Ambxxx

Hiya Amber
Glad you enjoyed the course....Liz is great........she makes you feel at ease.....OMG was is hot!!!!!!!!

Realy nic eto meet you too Amber.......sorry Hermie wasnt there....

Happy waxing LOL

Amanda xx

Last time I went and she asked me afterwards if it was straight - Said I had no idea, as I now can't see as my tummy is too big! LOL!

Toni Talons said:
I do my own hollywood with an epilator!

Owwwwwwwwcccchhh

Oh my GOD! HOW do you do that? I tried once or twice just to do normal bikini line and had to be peeled off the ceiling :eek: - Do you have no pain threshold?:biggrin:

Toni Talons said:
I do my own hollywood with an epilator! couldn't face going to have it done by someone else and i can't understand why anyone would WANT to do this for a job! a beauty friend of a friend told her it wasn't very nice as she has to get the clients in doggy style to do it and get way up there behind them!!!!!!! no way Jose. i felt stupid enuf in my paper knickers when i had a body wrap and she was smearing seaweed too close!

I NEVER get a client on all fours, its vile and degrading. i make them lie on their side and lift their bum cheek, that is all you need to do to remove all the hair. I dont mind doing bikini waxing at all, end of the day somebodys gotta do it, and clients r willing to pay for good service.

Bryony said:
Last time I went and she asked me afterwards if it was straight - Said I had no idea, as I now can't see as my tummy is too big! LOL!

Owwwwwwwwcccchhh

Oh my GOD! HOW do you do that? I tried once or twice just to do normal bikini line and had to be peeled off the ceiling :eek: - Do you have no pain threshold?:biggrin:

well, first of all i did my armpits (is it me or are epilators soooo noisy). it took me two days to get the courage to do my other armpit. when i did my hollywood, first i shaved out the middle (like a monk) so that i didn't rip out too much at one time. Then, obviously the shaved bit grew back first, so i shaved the middle of that off (like a smaller monks hair do) and then epilated the next bit. The first time is always the worse! i carried on like that until all the hair had been plucked at least once. after that it just got easier each time. i do it as often as i can so it doesn't hurt too much. i've learned the longer the hair on the outside the deeper it grows too, so pull it as soon as you can. inside of bum cheeks don't hurt so much.. in fact i quite enjoy the pain there (is that too much info?), now it hardly hurts at all.

The weirdest thing to get used to is how naked i feel when i've got no clothes on... i now wrap the towel round me when i'm down the gym but it didn't bother me before if someone saw me naked, now its just my bloke and doctor who see me like that.

After giving up on my own attempts of self torture, I decided to look for a professional therapist to do it for me! I found a Toni & Guy salon in town with a great big "A board" outside advertising Brazillian waxing. I went in thinking that everyone was now going to know what I was going in for :o ..... went to the reception desk and asked if there was any appointments for waxing...... the answer was yes!!! OMG I wasn't expecting that for sure! I went into the beauty salon and told the girl I would like to try a Hollywood - and take it all off!!!!

She used the Clean & Easy first on all the top & side bits and then switched to the hot wax for "the undercarriage"....... I must admit there were a few tense moments, and I did swear a few times .... but she says used to it! (it suprised me as I have had three babies and never uttered one word in the labour room like I did in that salon!!!)

Jackie was as good as gold and made me feel as relaxed as I could be laying there on the couch with only my top half clothed whilst she was busy sorting out an area of the body which she deals with every day.... afterall it is her job, it doesn't bother her and she did a very good job and never once did I have to get into the embarrassement of being on the couch on all fours!!!!!

I must say whilst it was as painful as could be expected the first time, it was great not to have to worry about keeping things trimmed so to speak for ages and didn't hurt anywhere near the amount on following visits!

now i've got used to doing it myself i can't see the point in paying someone else (and putting myself through the embarrassment also :o ) so i'll just carry on as i am. also my hair grows quick so it would cost me a bomb at the salon! my bloke moans because he has his shoulders done... (i have mentioned he might like a butt wax while he's there but he thinks i'm joking.. i'm not!). told him he wants to be glad he's not a woman.

can anyone help i am looking for a supplier of protective GLOVES...i dont want latex....in not sure if its vinyl i want? they are clear and not powdery and not too tight we used them on our course....unfortunately they didnt sell them...and i CANT remember what they were.

thanks in advance

ambx

I know the ones you mean. Try Hive of Beauty.

MINKUS said:
can anyone help i am looking for a supplier of protective GLOVES...i dont want latex....in not sure if its vinyl i want? they are clear and not powdery and not too tight we used them on our course....unfortunately they didnt sell them...and i CANT remember what they were.

thanks in advance

ambx

yep it is vinyl...if you cab hold on i'll see if i can get you some from the dental practice, there only about £2.50 for a box of 250...so mega cheap.
Faye's not there at the minute as she's having her 2nd lot of treatment she'll might be able to nab some for us or order them for us without P&P!

xx

you got someone booked in then chick??

funkyfingers10 said:
you got someone booked in then chick??

yes i have come to mention it ............you !!!!!

only jokin'.....yes get faye to get us some ....fingers crossed for her..

MINKUS said:

thanks in advance

ambx

A good and cheap place for all things like this is econo-med. they do 8 different types of gloves and in all the material you can think of...they originally supplied just the medical profession but sell to the pulic too now, and they do nail art stuff too. I use them a lot.

phone: 01406 364243
e-mail: [email protected]
HTH:green: :green: :green:

Marilyn said:
A good and cheap place for all things like this is econo-med. they do 8 different types of gloves and in all the material you can think of...they originally supplied just the medical profession but sell to the pulic too now, and they do nail art stuff too. I use them a lot.

phone: 01406 364243
e-mail: [email protected]
HTH:green: :green: :green:

thanks for that marilyn:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back