Breech Baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of everything I think Sass!

Illness, being without Chris, being on my own with my first child right away, visiting hours are crap, wards are cramped.
Sorry not sure if I missed something but is there a reason Chris may not be there? As the father of the child surely they are not going to restrict him to visiting hours only. If this is the case then I am horrified. I always thought parental bonding was encouraged after birth?

Sorry not sure if I missed something but is there a reason Chris may not be there? As the father of the child surely they are not going to restrict him to visiting hours only. If this is the case then I am horrified. I always thought parental bonding was encouraged after birth?

If you stay in after a c section the father can't stay. You have to stay there on your own. Visiting hours have got stricter too!

I feel really daft now!

You know from reading my journal that my head hasn't been in the right place recently and this just feels like another thing to worry about.

I used to be so independant but have become quite reliant on Chris since the panic attacks started and the weird feelings. Now I feel I need him there constantly as he's the only one who knows what's going on and he helps sort my head out. My mum doesn't even know.

No need to feel daft, that's what we are here for you, and yes your journal has shown your anxiety!! Don't keep it bottled up, chat it over with your mum, you'll soon find out that that's what mum's are for! You aren't an independent person anymore. You're in a good relationship with a good man (especially at barbeques lol!) and a baby on the way. You are a little family unit and you all depend on each other, it's a lot to take in in such a hosrt space of time. :hug: :hug:

(Gawd I sound like Marge Proops today lol!)

I agree.. i think you will find mum and dad have 24hr visiting, and sometimes if you are lucky and get a room to yourself (i did say if) then dad can stay as well.. but to be honest with you hun you will want him out of your sight for a few hours if nothing else just so you can sit back and take a deep breath by yourself. Alot is about to happen to your feeling and it does take a little while for you to come to terms with it. I think after the first days hussel and bussel of visitors you will sit there and think "god this bundle is really mine" thats the big bond.. we are all thinking of you babe...:hug::hug::hug:

One of my babies was breech and turned at the last minute.
Hospitals have private rooms that you can book now, they give fathers as much time as they like to visit but it has to be paid for privately.
I had 3 days in when I had Rachel just so I could have a rest and have all my meals made for me, it was bliss :lol:
Try not to worry mate, we are all scared the first time, but if it was that bad we would stop at one wouldn't we? xxx

No need to feel daft, that's what we are here for you, and yes your journal has shown your anxiety!! Don't keep it bottled up, chat it over with your mum, you'll soon find out that that's what mum's are for! You aren't an independent person anymore. You're in a good relationship with a good man (especially at barbeques lol!) and a baby on the way. You are a little family unit and you all depend on each other, it's a lot to take in in such a hosrt space of time. :hug: :hug:

(Gawd I sound like Marge Proops today lol!)

LOL - No you don't you have been really helpful with your advice recently and I appreciate it loads!

I don't really want to tell my Mum.

I just feel like everything has moved so fast and I am a real worrier anyway.

I had a peek at your journal and can see that it has oviously been a rollercoaster for you. Our first baby was very planned and even then I had moments of panic, thinking, 'Oh dear God, what have we done. Things will never be the same again!'

It is very normal to feel this way. Having a baby is a huge life changing event and I'm sure we have a 9 month pregnancy so that we can learn to cope and adjust to all the changes. God in his wisdom could make babies develop overnight. It's us parents who need the time to develop, LOL!

Just enjoy the life inside you and treasure each little kick, flip, hiccup etc...... Don't try to imagine too much how the birth is going to be. What will happen will happen be it natural or C-Section. Just remember, that in the end the birthing procedure will be in the best interests of you and your precious bundle. Allow nature to take it's course for the safe arrival of your baby. That's what counts.

Sorry for waffling on. xx

Thanks Mrs C!

On a lighter note you should have seen me and Chrsi putting the pram and car seat together for the first time since buying it 20 weeks ago.

It was hilarious!

Thanks Mrs C!

On a lighter note you should have seen me and Chrsi putting the pram and car seat together for the first time since buying it 20 weeks ago.

It was hilarious!
be lucky that you had them already..... my little darlings were six week prem, my hubby and i were running around town 4days after giving birth trying to buy everything..:eek: now thats pressure:irked:

be lucky that you had them already..... my little darlings were six week prem, my hubby and i were running around town 4days after giving birth trying to buy everything..:eek: now thats pressure:irked:

LOL - I am quite organised (have to be or i'll panic).

We have got everything now after the moses basket arrives today/tomorrow!

LOL - I am quite organised (have to be or i'll panic).

We have got everything now after the moses basket arrives today/tomorrow!
aw i cant wait to start buying stuff, im like you i have to be organised too lol xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Mrs C!

It was hilarious!

Before you know it you will be able to do it 1 handed while holding the baby under your other arm and with a changing bag between your teeth! :lol:

Before you know it you will be able to do it 1 handed while holding the baby under your other arm and with a changing bag between your teeth! :lol:
Yup, so true! And you will get used to sniffin' your babies bottom in public, LOL if you suspect devious goings on in the nappy, you'll test the bottle temp (after breast feeding!) by slurping a bit yourself and you will happily talk engorged boobs and stale milk smells with your other postnatal mates whilst having a coffee! I PROMISE YOU, YOU WILL, PMSL!

My 1st and 3rd babies were both breech at 35 weeks and stayed that way, so I had to have c sections. Apparently most of them do turn though so hopefully yours will. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back