Breech Baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Advice/tips please!

My baby is breech so the midwife has made an appointment for me at the hospital next Thursday to have a scan and so they can possibly 'turn' the baby!

Was anyone else's baby breech at 35 weeks and what did you do to try and turn it and did it turn itself by 40 weeks.

Hi guys!

Advice/tips please!

My baby is breech so the midwife has made an appointment for me at the hospital next Thursday to have a scan and so they can possibly 'turn' the baby!

Was anyone else's baby breech at 35 weeks and what did you do to try and turn it and did it turn itself by 40 weeks.

Hi Vicki
My thirdwas still breech at 36 weeks and they were talking about turning her but she did a double back flip by my following appointment and stayed head down. Apparently I was in the breech position and they turned me, when my Mum got up from the hospital bed she felt me go all the way back round again. But I did go head down in the end. Good luck!

Vicki, my friend has just gone through the same (now the proud mummy of a 7lb 4oz baby girl born right way up and naturally - so it worked!)

I know she also perched herself on cushions each day...bum in the air, as recommended to help, and it seemed to.

Have a read here hun...if you haven't already!

Are there any safe and proven methods to turn a breech baby?

:hug:

I was told an old wives tale of using ice at the top as the baby would turn away from it!!!!:eek: some babies to just turn at the right time. I'm sure everything will be fine. :green:

Well abit different but i turned at the last minuite and came out breech! I am awkward LOL

that was along time ago but my mum was fine and went on to have 3 more children the youngest when she was 45! (an extremley nice mistake)

have you rested a cup of tea on your belly and felt the baby kit.. they seem to move to heat, try putting a cup of hot (not boiling) water where its head should be, the ice thing sounds about right aswell.. moving away from cold. if in doubt try both:hug: good luck

have you rested a cup of tea on your belly and felt the baby kit.. they seem to move to heat, try putting a cup of hot (not boiling) water where its head should be, the ice thing sounds about right aswell.. moving away from cold. if in doubt try both:hug: good luck

Never heard these before!!!!!

LOL

Hope everything works out for you!

Amanda

Thanks guys!

I'm just gutted that if it doesn't turn i'll end up having a c section!

Thanks guys!

at least they are trying to do something hun & they know about it, fingers crossed for you, im sure you will be fine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dont worry hun mine turned at the last minute, ask them to wait, babies can be born upto 42 weeks maybe yours is not ready to face the world yet, when it is it will let you know.

My first was breech...they sent me to have them try to turn her...they turned her round and she swung right back to breech...lol...i did have a c-section with her as she wasn't just breech she was a footling breech and may have been born with a broken foot...didnt want that so c-section it was...(gutted as i so wanted a natural; birth..did with my other 2 though).

Now i may well be wrong but i am sure i read somewhere that they are not supposed to try to turn breech babies any more ?????

Also you can try going on all fours..like a dog position and wiggle your tum...this makes everything go south and gives more room for the baby to move round if she/he wants to.

Either way...breech or not..natural birth or not...the result is the same...a beautiful baby that you will cherish forever. don't worry. xxx

My daughter was breech at 35 weeks and at the time they were turning breech babies, it was not the done thing. I delivered her at 37 weeks in the breech position (bum first), I was lucky as she was only tiny and there were no complications, but I did have a few stitches (67). I always say to her that she is as awkward as the day she was born.

Good luck though with the delivery and I am sure the best will be done for you and your baby.

Minx was breech, and i had a c section it was fine - no probs at all and a speedie recovery too !

I you 'do' have to have a c section dont worry too much there not as bad as you think !

amb x

but I did have a few stitches (67).
oh my god that has brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it......:cry::cry::cry:

When my cousin was having her first baby, the baby was also breech and someone told her to do lots and lots of walking as apparently the baby will then turn - don't know how true it is though.

Thanks guys!

Hiya - I know there is a procedure they can do - think its called External Cephallic Version (ECV). Its fairly unconfortable for you but it can work, but you would have full explaination of the procedure and a choice in the matter.
They (doctor) basically turn the baby by hand on your tummy. I don't think they try this until just before baby is due and sometimes they do it once labour has started.

Oh hang on, just found this link - have a look.

Are there any safe and proven methods to turn a breech baby?

Thanks for all your stories/advice!

I was so against a c section but if that's what I have to do then so be it.

The midwife says they may do moxibustion - toe burning thingie. They reccomend a session of that before they try to turn the baby as they say it has a 70% sucess rate.

Number two son was breech at 36weeks so they booked me for a scan and to try turning but I decided against it as he was big(9 pounds) and I'd already had a c section for my first so I decided to have another which was a good thing as he tried to turn himself back around and got stuck kinda sideways his head was wedged into my pelvis near my hip the docters had to kinda pop him out! The midwifes did recommend the bum up in the air laying over cushions to get him to turn on his own so I guess it kinda worked.Don't feel too bad if you have to have a c section cause they most important thing is a healthy arrival.
Sam

Minx was breech, and i had a c section it was fine - no probs at all and a speedie recovery too !

I you 'do' have to have a c section dont worry too much there not as bad as you think !

amb x

Have to agree.. I had two natural births then with James I had to have a C-Sec... recovery was fine.. much better than I had anticipated... in fact I had to lay on the 'woe is me' for a while just to keep the attention on me for a bit longer with hubby being 'torn' between his new babba and his now redundant baby carrier ... lol!

Go with the flow.. you will be fine :hug:

I dread the thought of having to stay in hospital or not being able to go out or drive after the birth especially with Christmas being two weeks after my due date!

Latest posts

Back