Bridal party need help by tomorrow lunchtime

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
:Scared:Sorry for the long post but here goes. I hope that someone replies in time.

Im after a bit of advice really as this is my first bridal party and im very nervous. I am going round to the mother of the brides house tomorrow at 3.30 to do everything but im not sure what order to do everything in.

This is what I have got to do.

Bride
standard manicure including french paint with complimentary nail art & gems
standard pedicure (not sure if she wants french yet) poss nail art & gems

Mother of Bride
Standard manicure with colour polish & gems
standard pedicure with colour polish & gems

Bridesmaids
6 Nail paints (1 with a tip and coat of fibreglass)
1 Toe paint

The standard manis & pedis for bride and mum include a soak as well. I have a glass bowl for the hands and a footspa for the feet. The standard mani and pedi includes file, soak, cuticles and polish.

Do you think I should do the brides soak of hands and feet at the same time or maybe brides hands (these will take more time) while mum is having pedi soak. There will be people coming and going all night because of childcare so hoping if I plan it out it will go ok.

I would feel so much more confident if I was doing shellac but I find polish french so hard to do. I am a perfectionist and dont want it to go wrong but find polish thickens and makes it hard to get the white a nice finish. I have bought a brand new white so it is easier to work with. I would normally do a layer of pink first then the white so the white is nice and crisp but how do I then go back and perfect my smiles (if need to, hoping not) as this would then ruin the pink coat if i used nail fresh. I never get anyone ask for french manicure anymore as everyone has shellac although my french shellacs come out great but shellac has a different consistency to polish. HELP. :cry:

Im getting round to the house at 3.30 and will need to set up. Do you think that I will get them in all done. There wasnt as many people at first but the mum has added extras as she goes along.

Also what should I charge for gems as the mum said she might want them. Apart from my free nail art and gems for the bride, I have also offered a 10% off the total bill. Do you think this is ok. Think it works out about £12 off at end depending on if there is extra work/gems etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I just hope I manage to get it all done and home at a decent hour of the night.

Ax

Can't you suggest shellac to the bride and mother? You could sell it that it will last perfectly for her honeymoon and that she wont have to worry about any polish chipping for her big day.

I'm not being much help, sorry hun. x

:Scared:Sorry for the long post but here goes. I hope that someone replies in time.

Im after a bit of advice really as this is my first bridal party and im very nervous. I am going round to the mother of the brides house tomorrow at 3.30 to do everything but im not sure what order to do everything in.

This is what I have got to do.

Bride
standard manicure including french paint with complimentary nail art & gems
standard pedicure (not sure if she wants french yet) poss nail art & gems

Mother of Bride
Standard manicure with colour polish & gems
standard pedicure with colour polish & gems

Bridesmaids
6 Nail paints (1 with a tip and coat of fibreglass)
1 Toe paint

The standard manis & pedis for bride and mum include a soak as well. I have a glass bowl for the hands and a footspa for the feet. The standard mani and pedi includes file, soak, cuticles and polish.

Do you think I should do the brides soak of hands and feet at the same time or maybe brides hands (these will take more time) while mum is having pedi soak. There will be people coming and going all night because of childcare so hoping if I plan it out it will go ok.

I would feel so much more confident if I was doing shellac but I find polish french so hard to do. I am a perfectionist and dont want it to go wrong but find polish thickens and makes it hard to get the white a nice finish. I have bought a brand new white so it is easier to work with. I would normally do a layer of pink first then the white so the white is nice and crisp but how do I then go back and perfect my smiles (if need to, hoping not) as this would then ruin the pink coat if i used nail fresh. I never get anyone ask for french manicure anymore as everyone has shellac although my french shellacs come out great but shellac has a different consistency to polish. HELP. :cry:

Im getting round to the house at 3.30 and will need to set up. Do you think that I will get them in all done. There wasnt as many people at first but the mum has added extras as she goes along.

Also what should I charge for gems as the mum said she might want them. Apart from my free nail art and gems for the bride, I have also offered a 10% off the total bill. Do you think this is ok. Think it works out about £12 off at end depending on if there is extra work/gems etc.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I just hope I manage to get it all done and home at a decent hour of the night.

Ax

Wow your going to be busy, personally I would get fingers done first so the polish has a chance to dry while your doing their toes, what do you usually charge for gems? I would just include them with the art seeing as you have quite a few people to do from the same booking.

As for the French I wouldn't worry about it too much i'm sure you will be fine, I do my white first then tidy if I need to, i'm sure they won't worry about which way round you do it.

Hope it all goes ok xx

Can't you suggest shellac to the bride and mother? You could sell it that it will last perfectly for her honeymoon and that she wont have to worry about any polish chipping for her big day.

I'm not being much help, sorry hun. x

Hi

I did suggest it when she first booked me. I explained wjat it was and she said they all have nice nails, but didnt want it. She said she might try it herself before the wedding but hasnt and didnt want to seem pushy. I am wearing the new purple one with the mother of pearl on top coat is looks so nice, so Im hoping that all of these ladies that come round become my regular clients. So Im taking a little leaflet with my price list round with me.

I dont understand why any bride would have normal polish that wont last long, at least with shellac she would have got 2-3 weeks. I even have people that get 4 weeks. But hey ho. Ax

Wow your going to be busy, personally I would get fingers done first so the polish has a chance to dry while your doing their toes, what do you usually charge for gems? I would just include them with the art seeing as you have quite a few people to do from the same booking.

As for the French I wouldn't worry about it too much i'm sure you will be fine, I do my white first then tidy if I need to, i'm sure they won't worry about which way round you do it.

Hope it all goes ok xx

Thanks for your reply. I think im just worrying. Im a perfectionist when it comes to nails and want to be happy as well as make everyone happy. Im just a worrier. Will keep everyone updated. I am doing free nail art and gems for bride and also 10% off whole bill so all these extra things add up, so will probably charge accordingly. Although the mum will also get the 10% off her gems as well. I just hope that I get them done ok. I think I will fall into bed tomorrow night. Thanks. Ax

Hello :)

When doing French, I do base coat, White, and then pink so that I can perfect my smile lines if I need to. The pink I use is very natural, so it still comes out crisp.

I agree that you should do the brides hands first, to let them dry properly.

It sounds like you're giving them a really good deal, and by wearing your lovely purple, hopefully you'll sell Shellac to them as well :)

It's a great idea taking your pricelists too :) I'm sure it will all go well for you, don't worry. Let us know how you get on, good luck!! :)

Xx

Why not take your shellac gears with you tomorrow. You might just convince them to have shellac with you wearing your purple shellac. Just explain all the benefits i.e the longevity of shellac treatment as it would be beneficial for her if she's going on her honeymoon (even if she isn't going just yet) also with shellac she wouldn't have to worry about smudging as it dries instantly. What is the difference in price of your shellac manicure and the standard manicure she's booked for. Try to sell shellac pedicure too (shellac is best for clients---they'll be hooked before you know it)
Hope all goes well?:lol: and goodluck. Remember to sell some solar oil as well.

Are you nr a stockest for Dashing Diva French manicure . I have used these on brides. They look fab and easy . If not maybe something to look into for the future. All the best for the day I'm sure it will all go fine x

I would start with the nails paints as they are quicker to do and there is 6 of them to get done. I would then do the bride and mother of bride's manicures before the pedicure to let the finger nails dry. There would be no problem with brides toes smudging as she will be home anyway.

Are you nr a stockest for Dashing Diva French manicure . I have used these on brides. They look fab and easy . If not maybe something to look into for the future. All the best for the day I'm sure it will all go fine x

I completely forgot about dashing diva. I have this so shall take that with me and see if they will have that. They probably wont want the glue on their nails. lol.

If it was me I'd intentionally have on shellac in French they will automatically ask to have their nails like yours which is when u can say sure it's shellac had it on for ages blabla list the benefits lol they will buy into it instantly some clients are just scared but when they see it's in a nail polish like bottle and u can say you just put your hands In a "drier" it's not necessarily lying it genuinely Is better for them and once one of them has it they will all want to :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back