Bride's spray tan too dark - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpark

Reaction score
It's a long story, but I did a spray tan on Saturday for someone who is getting married on Friday. She wanted it to be done much sooner, because she had had a tan several weeks ago that took 10 days (according to her) to get lighten to the shade she wanted). I tried to persuade her to have it nearer the wedding, but got nowhere, so compromised saying I could give her a top up on Tues/Wed (tonight) and /or leave some tan extender for her to use if it starts to fade.

Anyway, Monday I texted her to see how it was and it she wanted a top up. She texted my back to say it looked great and she loved it and would call me later. I heard nothing back so texted her today to check all was ok asif she did need a top up tonight would be the last night to do it. She phoned me back (leaving a message) to say she had just tried her dress on, had takens some pictures and the tan was too dark. How could she lighten it. I called her back and through the tears she said that the tan was too dark and seemed to be getting darker every day. She had just exfoliated and asked if she kept exfoliating would it get lighter by her wedding in two days, and would it still be even or would it go blotchy. She then said she had to go so I can only guess that she has been using the tan extender every day hence it getting darker.

Is there any advice I can give - I know oil will help, soaking in the bath, but will that cause it to fade or go blotchy.

I used Tantrick EOS.

oh dear, I would suggest she soaks in a hot bath for a couple of hours :eek: I'm sure she'll fade evenly, better than being too dark anyway.

It's a long story, but I did a spray tan on Saturday for someone who is getting married on Friday. She wanted it to be done much sooner, because she had had a tan several weeks ago that took 10 days (according to her) to get lighten to the shade she wanted). I tried to persuade her to have it nearer the wedding, but got nowhere, so compromised saying I could give her a top up on Tues/Wed (tonight) and /or leave some tan extender for her to use if it starts to fade.

Anyway, Monday I texted her to see how it was and it she wanted a top up. She texted my back to say it looked great and she loved it and would call me later. I heard nothing back so texted her today to check all was ok asif she did need a top up tonight would be the last night to do it. She phoned me back (leaving a message) to say she had just tried her dress on, had takens some pictures and the tan was too dark. How could she lighten it. I called her back and through the tears she said that the tan was too dark and seemed to be getting darker every day. She had just exfoliated and asked if she kept exfoliating would it get lighter by her wedding in two days, and would it still be even or would it go blotchy. She then said she had to go so I can only guess that she has been using the tan extender every day hence it getting darker.

Is there any advice I can give - I know oil will help, soaking in the bath, but will that cause it to fade or go blotchy.

I used Tantrick EOS.

Im surprised EOS is to dark for her as its ideal for brides.

I would tell her to stop using tan extender ASAP...don't exfoliate to heavily as don't want any patchiness and hopefully by her wedding day the tan would have started to mellow down by then....oh and wish her good luck on her big day :hug:

Thanks - from what I can gather, the EOS wasn't too dark, I think she must have been overdoing it with the tan extender as she said it was fine the day after I sprayed her, but that it had been getting darker each day. In fact, I left her with the tan extender for if it started to fade, but as she said it was getting darker each day I suspect she must have been using it anyway.

I know someone on here mentioned that going swimming helps- because of the chlorine in the water. Clients of mine have said that on holiday their spray tan fades much more quickly if they are in the pool a lot.

Oh god, tell her to go swimming hun. This will take it off. But tell her it will ALL be off it wont just fade it. By just exfoliating she will be removing parts which will end up going patchy.
So swimming and then go home get in hot bath and scrub with exfoliating mitts.
xxx

Well, I called her again today and she said she soaked in the bath last night, exfoliated and she says it is lighter and she is now very happy with the colour and looking forward to the big day tomorrow.... phew :)

Just out of interest though, as I haven't offered it to clients before, does the tan extender actually darken the tan?

The tan extender contains 6% DHA so if they are using it every day and straight away after the spray it will darken it to some extent, hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back