Brisa Conversion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So from a short day of 6hours it turned out to be only 4hours including the usual break.Basicaly i've done more hours on the train than in the class room

lol

Awww bless you, that sucks, seriously!!

I'm surprised you had such a terrible time with Ketan, I did my Kupa training with him and he was brilliant. There was no-one else booked on to the course that day so it was basically a one-to-one for no extra cost and we were done within 2 hours! Because that's all it took.

It is very much the norm to be sent home early from training, in fact I think ALL the training I've ever done we've been sent home early (different brands included here). And it is simply based on the attendees and how quickly things are picked up. There's no point sitting around for an extra couple of hours if everything has been learnt already.

S2 are renowned for their customer service and don't take complaints lightly, they have always gone above and beyond in my experience. Maybe your expectations were too high? Or maybe you felt you needed the extra time. Did you ask for it? How many of you were there on your course? Did others feel the same? I've done L&P, Brisa & Kupa training with S2 and after every session we were all given a questionnaire about the course, asking if there were any problems, if anything was missed out, etc. Also, you can call them anytime, about anything, if you have any problems or have forgotten how to do something. I think a lot of the time people are shown stuff and forget, because let's face it, it can be a bit of an information overload! I'll be honest, when we were shown how to do a sculpt, it wasn't something we spent hours on, I think Pam gathered the whole class round and showed us in 5min at the end. We were already shown tipping in great depth (which is the more complicated of the two) so that's all we needed to know! I do sculpting all the time now and felt what I learnt in training was sufficient. It's practically the same as tipping, just a faster, easier, method, IMO.

I don't know how many other brands you've tried, but I can definitely say that S2 are on top of their game. Like I said before, they don't take complaints lightly, so talk to them. They run this forum anyway so I'm sure its only a matter of time until Samantha or Samuel come across this thread. Otherwise you can call them on 0845 210 6060 - which I'm sure you already know! I hope this post doesn't come across harsh, and is received in the way it was intended - to help you get to the bottom of your problem. :D

but he hadn't included sculpting in the course therefore he hasn't gone over everything so shouldn't have sent you home early! He's an ambassador for CND for pete's sake!, if he is being slapdash and you are not satisfied with his teaching, you should pursue this.

I would be extremely annoyed if I'd paid for the conversion and was sent home TWO hours early! and i don't think Jan Arnold would be too happy either as CND's education programme is perceived worldwide as second to none...:(
Totally Agree

I hope when I do my CND course in 2 weeks, I don't get this problem. Although I haven't been taught to sculpt, only using Tips. Hmmm, will I get shown how to sculpt.... I haven't even done it from scratch >_>

So sorry to hear you had such a bad excperience with CND. I think you should ring them back though and ask to speak to someone in authority there.

Firstly, like you already said, you didnt cover sculpting, therefore he couldnt possibly justify sending you home early because you'd covered everything. Secondly, if you've paid for 6 hours of training, then that is what you should get. There's no such thing as too much practice, you could have done something else in 2 hours.

I would consider asking S2 for a refund for the 2 hours training you have paid for but not received, or in the very least ask for another 2 hours of training for free (well, not free because you've already paid for it but you know what I mean!).

I'm surprised you had such a terrible time with Ketan, I did my Kupa training with him and he was brilliant. There was no-one else booked on to the course that day so it was basically a one-to-one for no extra cost and we were done within 2 hours! Because that's all it took.

It is very much the norm to be sent home early from training, in fact I think ALL the training I've ever done we've been sent home early (different brands included here). And it is simply based on the attendees and how quickly things are picked up. There's no point sitting around for an extra couple of hours if everything has been learnt already.

S2 are renowned for their customer service and don't take complaints lightly, they have always gone above and beyond in my experience. Maybe your expectations were too high? Or maybe you felt you needed the extra time. Did you ask for it? How many of you were there on your course? Did others feel the same? I've done L&P, Brisa & Kupa training with S2 and after every session we were all given a questionnaire about the course, asking if there were any problems, if anything was missed out, etc. Also, you can call them anytime, about anything, if you have any problems or have forgotten how to do something. I think a lot of the time people are shown stuff and forget, because let's face it, it can be a bit of an information overload! I'll be honest, when we were shown how to do a sculpt, it wasn't something we spent hours on, I think Pam gathered the whole class round and showed us in 5min at the end. We were already shown tipping in great depth (which is the more complicated of the two) so that's all we needed to know! I do sculpting all the time now and felt what I learnt in training was sufficient. It's practically the same as tipping, just a faster, easier, method, IMO.

I don't know how many other brands you've tried, but I can definitely say that S2 are on top of their game. Like I said before, they don't take complaints lightly, so talk to them. They run this forum anyway so I'm sure its only a matter of time until Samantha or Samuel come across this thread. Otherwise you can call them on 0845 210 6060 - which I'm sure you already know! I hope this post doesn't come across harsh, and is received in the way it was intended - to help you get to the bottom of your problem. :D
You are so lucky!
I've been really looking forward for this,I took a day off work,paid for my travel,found a model,paid for her travel,woke up at 6 am to get on the train...it's just disappointing to be sent home early.
I've done a conversion course with The Edge and I didn't have any issues like this,so I kind of knew what to expect.It didn't even cross my mind that it's going to be worse than that.I will send them an e-mail:(

You are so lucky!
I've been really looking forward for this,I took a day off work,paid for my travel,found a model,paid for her travel,woke up at 6 am to get on the train...it's just disappointing to be sent home early.
I've done a conversion course with The Edge and I didn't have any issues like this,so I kind of knew what to expect.It didn't even cross my mind that it's going to be worse than that.I will send them an e-mail:(

I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm training with CND myself at the moment and so I know what a huge investment it is, both financially and emotionally, but we've been led to believe that it is the very best and so we're happy to make the necessary sacrifices.

I'm surprised no-one from S2 has commented yet but I'm sure that they'll investigate the matter thoroughly on your behalf as soon as they become aware that there's an issue. :)

Ring S2. They don't want you using their products on clients if you are not confident and they will do everything to help you. By the way I can't recommend Liza Smith as a trainer highly enough - she is amazing. I did my training with her at Bodylines Academy in Sittingbourne, Kent which is on a good train route to travel to.

Ring S2. They don't want you using their products on clients if you are not confident and they will do everything to help you. By the way I can't recommend Liza Smith as a trainer highly enough - she is amazing. I did my training with her at Bodylines Academy in Sittingbourne, Kent which is on a good train route to travel to.

Thanks for the recommendation,I will not use the ones in London any more!It looks like I would have to go to London and change trains?I can't see how I would get there easy?Is there a way,without going to London first? :o
I really want to do Brisa as well. Thank you :hug:

New thread just posted saying Ketan's retiring and CND London is closed!

Coincidence?

Latest posts

Back