Brisa Moan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
I am having a moan - please dont read if it will annoy you

Got the new Hyperion offers sheet this morning and it seems to be standard now that each issue there are brilliant offers on both Liquid and Powder but nothing on Brisa. :rolleyes: I am aware that the majority of Creative users are L&P but there are a lot of Brisa users.

Stock issues with Brisa (although I do buy in bulk) have meant I have had to resort to Ebay for some items of stock - not something I want to do but I am not going to turn away clients.

The Warm and Cool pink coverage gels are still not available in this country -US, Australia and Spain all have them so whats the hold up? we seem to have been waiting on forever.

I have mentioned all these issues to Hyperion office. I have commited my business to Brisa gel and am concerned.

Got the new Hyperion offers sheet this morning and it seems to be standard now that each issue there are brilliant offers on both Liquid and Powder but nothing on Brisa. :rolleyes: I am aware that the majority of Creative users are L&P but there are a lot of Brisa users.

Stock issues with Brisa (although I do buy in bulk) have meant I have had to resort to Ebay for some items of stock - not something I want to do but I am not going to turn away clients.

The Warm and Cool pink coverage gels are still not available in this country -US, Australia and Spain all have them so whats the hold up? we seem to have been waiting on forever.

I have mentioned all these issues to Hyperion office. I have commited my business to Brisa gel and am concerned.

What do they say? Is it going to be an ongoing prob?

Loughton OSNS have got the coverage gels in warm and cool pink. I bought some the other day! Haven't got their number on me but I think it's on the bottom of the leaflet that had the special offers on...........

The number for Loughton is 020 8787 7036 x

Have to agree that us gel geeks always seem to lose out when it's offer time :cry:

It'd be nice to see Fabric# make an appearance in the offers too...

I've got a bit of a Brisa moan too. I want to train with Creative in Brisa (I am NVQ qualified in L&P and Fibreglass) as I have a lot of clients that ask for gel. I was booked to go on the course in Nottingham but it was cancelled due to problems obtaining stock. They can't give me an alternative date as this has been an ongoing problem. Now after reading this I am concerned that if my training with Creative ever comes to fruition, I may experience the problems mentioned above. I am now looking at NSI to do my gel training which is unfortunate as I was keen to have my salon a "Creative"one. :irked:

I know of other CND techs who now have both the warm and cool coverage Brisa gels....I thought that the OSNS got their supplies from Hyperion anyway so if they have these new gels then surely when Hyperion gets thier supplies in they will also have them.

I've got a bit of a Brisa moan too. I want to train with Creative in Brisa (I am NVQ qualified in L&P and Fibreglass) as I have a lot of clients that ask for gel. I was booked to go on the course in Nottingham but it was cancelled due to problems obtaining stock. They can't give me an alternative date as this has been an ongoing problem. Now after reading this I am concerned that if my training with Creative ever comes to fruition, I may experience the problems mentioned above. I am now looking at NSI to do my gel training which is unfortunate as I was keen to have my salon a "Creative"one. :irked:

me too!! i tried to get dates for leicester, but there are none for the forseeable future, nottingham is my next bet, and there arent any at the moment either, ive got a number to call to chase them up, but she did say it was down to stock aswell as educators,
im just going to have to be patient, but i did want to have done this course by xmas, but i dont think its very lightly now,
i hope the situation is soon sorted out

me too!! i tried to get dates for leicester, but there are none for the forseeable future, nottingham is my next bet, and there arent any at the moment either, ive got a number to call to chase them up, but she did say it was down to stock aswell as educators,
im just going to have to be patient, but i did want to have done this course by xmas, but i dont think its very lightly now,
i hope the situation is soon sorted out

How about Coventry ? I did my Creative Spa training there, its really nice & you get 5% off anything you buy from Ellisons on the day.

We allredy got the cool and warm pink I bought my first in feb. Do you got soft white overthere?:?:

I hope you get sorted Karol, it must be bad cos I have never known you to have a moan:hug:

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I may be naive here ..... but if a company is constantly having stock problems with stock it either means that something is doing well or it that its not doing so well..... so which is it? I don't know if its just me but I get the feeling that something isn't right. After reading the above comments it doesn't instill confidence as I too am a gel only nail technician so need the reassurance that the lack of stock is not because of an underlying lack of interest in Brisa.

I have had problems with Brisa over the time that I've used it and because of my lack of experience have been unable to fully understand whether its a fab gel or not. I know that for NNO's it seems to be a tad unstable because its so strong and therefore not flexing as well with the natural nail..... but here I go on a gripe.... I'm just flaying because I want to pursue further training but don't want to waste money on something when I could put it into something that is better for me????????

I really wanted to go with one company but its so darn frustrating that it seems there isn't one company that gives you all that you need in a product.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I may be naive here ..... but if a company is constantly having stock problems with stock it either means that something is doing well or it that its not doing so well..... so which is it? I don't know if its just me but I get the feeling that something isn't right. After reading the above comments it doesn't instill confidence as I too am a gel only nail technician so need the reassurance that the lack of stock is not because of an underlying lack of interest in Brisa.

I have had problems with Brisa over the time that I've used it and because of my lack of experience have been unable to fully understand whether its a fab gel or not. I know that for NNO's it seems to be a tad unstable because its so strong and therefore not flexing as well with the natural nail..... but here I go on a gripe.... I'm just flaying because I want to pursue further training but don't want to waste money on something when I could put it into something that is better for me????????

I really wanted to go with one company but its so darn frustrating that it seems there isn't one company that gives you all that you need in a product.

Well I know that for myself, I have no problems with using Brisa on natural nails or tips or sculpts for that matter.

Liquid and powder doesn't have much flexibility either and you don't hear technicians moaning about that as a problem for natural nail overlays, in fact I consider it a big PLUS for the longevity of the product. In fact, I can't think of one thing that would improve the Brisa product other than coloured gels which seem to be wanted by technicians ... why I don't know, because enamel lasts beautifully for all the time between maintenance appointments. I find coloured gels more trouble than they are a help ... all that buffing off etc. But that is just my opinion.

There is no lack of interest in Brisa Gels. In fact there is so much interest and usage that as much as is ordered it flies out the door even when the order is upped each time. If you are having trouble getting stock, then I can only advise you to order smart and cover yourself by ordering in a timely manner and ordering enough to cover yourself for any eventuality. Anyone running a business is smart to do this.

No one wants stock shortages .. not you and not your supplier. I know no one is bothered to hear reasons, peeps just want their products but look at the world today and then think how difficult terrorism is making it for suppliers to get flammable stock into the country from the US and other destinations ... don't think for one minute that it is not having an effect on lead times FOR EVERY DISTRIBUTOR. It's a wicked old world out there and at the moment the terrorists are winning and costing millions .. anyone traveled recently??? Tell me they are not winning!!

I can't comment on the supply problems because I don't work for Hyperion, and I think Gigi has answered it well. All I can say is I know Ho annoying when i can't get something for my clients so I can only imagine the frustration Hyperion are going through.

As for Brisa I am an experienced gel user of 5 years. I've used Alessandro and LCN which are two premier German brands. I thought I'd give Brisa a try as it's latest technology. Had a test on myself and it worked well. So tried it on my clients and they thought it was far better, stronger and longer lasting than my previous gels and didn't want me to switch back ... so Brisa it is for me.

Most of my clients have been coming to me for a long time and never have new sets, just continual overlays of their natural nails and they rarely have problems (and normally only when overdoing the gardening or diy - erm jewels not tools!). No lifting at the free edge or sidewalls. Most of my clients go 3 weeks between infills with a fair few going 4 weeks. I have florists, hairdressers, admin people using keyboards, nurses through to laydeez what lunch and none have a problem. I am now leaving to move to Spain and they only want to find a Brisa tech, nothing else will do.

It is a dream to apply as it levels enough for workability but not enough that it floods the sidewalls. removal is easy too as it is soft to file. Only limitations are the colour choice but it sounds like they are heading our way in the UK. And the white sculpting gel is hard to master, but it does not budge at all whereas other whites I have used are hard because they self level too much and you don't want this in a sculpt ...and it's WHITE which many gels aren't.

I can therefore vouch for the product 110% and can in the nicest possible way only assume that it is down to your inexperience that you are having problems, so hope that puts your mind at rest.

Thanks for the replies

I will phone Hyperon tomorrow about the Warm/cool coverage gels the last time I called to ask they still hadnt heard of them.
I have no probs with Brisa products, like Sass my clients and I adore Brisa and have very little issues.

The other thing I meant to mention was the 4oz salon sized tubes of Brisa available in the US - this is a fab idea to refill pots instead of replacing them. We have a variety of salon sizes available in L&P - they are enviromentally and pocket friendly - please can we have them in the UK?

Fingers double crossed that very soon there will be an end to the stock situation, the coverage gels & salon sized 4oz tubes of sculpting gel will be available. Think I am pushing my luck by asking for a decent special offer on Brisa in the next 'update' ? :wink2:

Thanks for the replies

I will phone Hyperon tomorrow about the Warm/cool coverage gels the last time I called to ask they still hadnt heard of them.
I have no probs with Brisa products, like Sass my clients and I adore Brisa and have very little issues.

The other thing I meant to mention was the 4oz salon sized tubes of Brisa available in the US - this is a fab idea to refill pots instead of replacing them. We have a variety of salon sizes available in L&P - they are enviromentally and pocket friendly - please can we have them in the UK?

Fingers double crossed that very soon there will be an end to the stock situation, the coverage gels & salon sized 4oz tubes of sculpting gel will be available. Think I am pushing my luck by asking for a decent special offer on Brisa in the next 'update' ? :wink2:

I too would love to see the 4oz salon sized tubes available to us uk techs :)
Hope those who can make this happen are reading.

I totally hear what you're saying (Geeg & Sassy Hassy) I do agree that lack of experience is definately playing a part in all of this. I think what doesn't help as I've mentioned in another thread, that my own nails have problems with nail enamel as well as Brisa because they are naturally so thin and flexible. I really need to be able to wear Brisa myself and know that I can overcome my problem nails otherwise I won't ever have the confidence for my clients.

I realise the only way I can get to grips with it all is further training which over the coming months is something I'm going to aim for, especially in the Brisa department. Its very difficult when you're inexperienced not to listen to the negative comments about a product from apparantly more experienced peeps. It kind of makes you hesitate because of the money thats involved and when thats in short supply you end up not getting anywhere.

As far as stock is concerned I do understand the difficulties its just something else for me to get wobbly about thats all. I'm just frustrated, more at myself than anything for not pushing myself foward in making my business a success because I know I can do it, its just lack of confidence.

Thanks for your comments. Its a shame there aren't more Brisa users in my area.

Something I'm in total agreement with and that is, some special offers on Brisa wouldn't go amiss:lol:

Can't really add much to the fab answers Gigi and Sass have said - but what I can say is that my hubby travelled to Chicago on Sunday and when he rang me to say that he had arrived, he said that it had been a nightmare checking in etc - you have to take your shoes off - have your fingerprints taken - all your hand luggage emptied and all items checked individually - your hand luggage size is even more restricted than it was previously. I can only imagine that when products which are highly flammable etc are imported/exported will have to be monitored even more strictly - especially as the ladies can not even have lipstick in their hand luggage:eek:

Latest posts

Back