Brow waxing problem, client going red after 24 hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys I have an older lady who has her brows tinted and waxed. I was just applying wax after tinting when she said last time her brows had gone red after 24hours, I asked if she had changed anything and she said she had had some ointment for itchy eyebrows but said she didn't think she had used it. I know sometimes hormones or stress can affect treatments so just went over after care again and there was no redness (not even pink)
This morning she has called to say her brows went red yesterday so have advised her to go to the chemist and see the doctor next week as I don't really want to be waxing her not knowing what's happening. She has her granddaughters wedding today aswell 😞 Has anyone any idea what's happening with her?

Thanks Sarah x

When was the last time she had a patch test.It maybe what she is using herself after.
Do you know what cream she is putting on if its for itchy skin it maybe a cortisone cream for bites etc and might be too strong for freshly waxed eyebrows.
How long do they stay red for and is there any dryness or crusting its not unusual for eyebrows to be red for a day or so on sensetive skin.

Could it not be a reaction to the tint? X

It could be a reaction to the tint? When I tint and wax mine, they go red the following day but then go down by themselves xx

I patch tested her in April when she came to me, I did ask what the cream was but she couldn't remember had said she didn't think she had used it lately , she says she uses olay on her face, I did advise not to use this for atleast 24hrs and not to use the ointment at all. The redness is lasting about 48-72 hours she didn't mention any scabbing. I have to keep telling her not to touch them thou and that's when she's in with me so it could be an irritation to something if she's touching them when she leaves. X

Could be the tint so patch test again or the wax or simply that her skin is thin. The ointment had probably been in the drawer since 1948 so it could have been anything.

The answer is to tweeze rather than wax.

Could be the tint so patch test again or the wax or simply that her skin is thin. The ointment had probably been in the drawer since 1948 so it could have been anything.

The answer is to tweeze rather than wax.

Thanks Kim I will patch test her again and ask her to bring in the ointment aswell so I know what it is 😉 I think your right about it being there from 1948 lol she's a little forgetful too so she may have used it and forgot bless! X

Thanks Kim I will patch test her again and ask her to bring in the ointment aswell so I know what it is 😉 I think your right about it being there from 1948 lol she's a little forgetful too so she may have used it and forgot bless! X
Probably something for piles x

Ha ha! X 😁

Latest posts

Back