Bruised Bikini Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A client once wanted to claim that she had bruising from waxing.
It was so bad she found it uncomfortable sitting, she had to take time off work (loss of wages). she had to seek medical advice as it was so painful (so she claimed) and also she could not enjoy her holiday which she got the waxing for.
so she prob only had 2 days off work b4 hols and think she would have said hol was ruined or something.

Most of these prob don't go any further but you are right there are always nutter wanting to take it too far.

I agree with Cogsi that it is often just a good apology that makes things right.

I have had 2 seperate ladies in recently with different complaints against other salons. What they were most annoyed about was that when they brought their complaints to the salons attentions that they just didn't say sorry.

Neither of these clients were after a refund or any kind of compensation or even an admission of the salons making mistakes. They just wanted some advice on how to deal with the problem & an apology that showed the salon had taken their complaint seriously and were truly sorry they had experienced a problem.

I know we can all get defensive when we are being questioned but it is possible to give an apology without admitting being at fault. (ie 'I'm so sorry to hear about what happened and can understand how unhappy you feel...') .

There is a classic customer service technique you can use to really show empathy with a customer using the words 'feel, felt, found'. So you could say the above and add ..' I know I would have felt the same if it happened to me but we have found that bruising is an occasional side effect of waxing for some people....'

It's a tried and tested way to calm down all sorts of explosive situations!!

Hi all,

Just a quick bit of imput that might help!
I'm half italian with very thick coarse hair. I've been going for hollywoods for about 3years, mainly before holidays and tend not to keep up with them in between (naughty naughty)! My waxer is fantastic, lovely person very professional fully qualified been practising for years yet i'm always left with bruising.
It can't be helped!
The only person to blame is myself for my silly coarse hair and for not keeping up with the regular waxing so the hair gets finer.
I think you have a chancer on your hands to be completly honest. Show her the certificates and remain entirely professional, i'd be loathe to offer her anything to be honest but I understand your predicament with regard to your business!
Good Luck!

Just wondering what the outcome of this was with the client?

My friend went for her bikini line waxed and also came out all bruised. My friend just couldn't work it out because she went to the same girl every time. She later discovered she was pregnant!!!! apparently pregnant Woman can bruise when waxed down there. (GP told her)

Well.......

The customer came in on Saturday armed with a couple of pictures. The bruises in the pictures looked very very bad. There were no dates on them and she was unable to give me a copy at the time for my records. They were a bit fuzzy and to be honest they looked a bit fake, but then again everyone bruises differently!

She didn't seem particularly comfortable talking to me and my assistant manager and said it was nothing against the girl who'd done it, it's just that when she'd spoken to all of her beauty therapist friends she said it wasn't supposed to happen like that. (Why not go to the beauty therapist friends for your waxing then?!)

She said she'd also spoken to a solicitor who had advised her to come in to talk to us. She asked for her money back, and I explained why I couldn't do it.

We asked if we could see it, and she said that the bruise had gone already. Now if I had a bruise that big, I would have thought some of it would still have been there?! We offered to let her see the therapists certificates and she did, going through them she was looking in particular for a level 3 certificate..... waxing is in level 2!!

After apologising for the inconvenience, she left. Having made sure she had our card, and asking for our registration number??!! By that I asked if she meant VAT registered and she said yes. I said we weren't. Now I can only presume she's probably got onto an 'Injuries for you' type company who have told her to look for it, so they can check at Companies house our profits to see if we're worth sueing! (maybe I'm getting dreamy!)

I'm NOT worried about what happens next. Any letters I receive can go onto my insurance company. I still haven't had a copy of the pictures, which didn't have a date on them. And she hadn't mentioned that she's seen a doctor. Which you'd like to think someone in that much pain would go and do so that it's documented. There's no proof. Perhaps she came up with slight bruising afterwards like some people do and thought she'd take it further.

Kim's coming to our salon next week anyway, so IF there are any issues with the therapists waxing skills, they will be ironed out.

Thanks for all of your advice geeks.

xx

I don't suppose she has a leg to stand on. No date and not allowing you to see her "actual " bruising. I am sure a small claims injury company would like to see times, dates etc.....

I wouldn't worry. You know everyone is qualified and thats all that matters.

I hope things are alright hun

Sarah xx

How to avoid bruising the tendon during a basic bikini wax.

Answer? Sections. Many technicians spread the wax over the inner thigh, tendon, and lower area and the remove it in one pull, thereby removing over a rounded surface. We recommend applying and removing the wax of the inner thigh first. Next, apply the wax only to the top of the tendon and removing it. Finally, applying and removing the wax at the side-of-the-labia areas. Certainly, it does take a bit longer, but what would you prefer? A client that has a 10-minute bikini wax, never to return to you or a 20- or 30-minute bikini wax and is a client for life?

hiya one of the reasons for brusing can sometimes be if the client is slightly on the larger side and client and therapist are not pulling skin taught enough. this doesnt mean poor tech but can ust be an innocent mistake that can happen to us all we only make that mistake once, and it make us better.:)

hiya one of the reasons for brusing can sometimes be if the client is slightly on the larger side and client and therapist are not pulling skin taught enough. this doesnt mean poor tech but can ust be an innocent mistake that can happen to us all we only make that mistake once, and it make us better.:)

This happened to me while I was training and my friend was the model, I was horrified at the bruising that quickly appeared. I learnt a valuable lesson that day. Dont apply the wax too thick, and get the client to hold the areas you cannot reach to get more tension so to speak with the skin. My Tutor said due to it happening on both sides it could be she had sensitive skin, but it scared me, I didn't like the thought of causing that....

You need to make it clear to the client that bruising can occur if the skin is not pulled taut enough. I get the client to pull the skin up and I pull it down so theres absolutely no give. Then once I have waxed I place a cold compress over the area while I do the other side. Then apply the cool down gel/cream. It is true that some people are prone to bruising but if the client is confident that you are doing your best to avoid it then they should be happy with that.

Latest posts

Back