Bruised coccyx. Any advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
hi geeks

i spectacularly fell down my parents stairs on Saturday, both legs in the air and landed on a step straight on my bottom. I now have bad pain which I'm guessing is my coxics and in quite alot of pain. Any advice on relief as pain killers cocodamol are not touching the sides and tired of walking like john wayne!

Love n hugs x x x

Ice it hunie, 10mins on 10mins off a couple of times a day. And sit on squishy pillows. Hope you get better soon! -hugs- x

Oooo, I know your pain. Actually broke mine as a child. Just getting up from a sitting position is painful.

I can't think of a single position that would be comfortable other than possibly lying on your tummy. However, that really isn't conducive to getting anything done or being a mommy, though, is it?

Thank you hun I'll get the ice out then. Anything to stop this bloody pain! :hug:

Gr8nailz OMG that must have really hurt something rotten. And youre right its so difficult to just get up at the moment off a chair, sofa, bed or wherever :( Yes slept on my tummy last night and thankfull have the bed to myself tonight so this will help I think :)

Thanks again ladies xxxxx

Thank you hun I'll get the ice out then. Anything to stop this bloody pain! :hug:

Gr8nailz OMG that must have really hurt something rotten. And youre right its so difficult to just get up at the moment off a chair, sofa, bed or wherever :( Yes slept on my tummy last night and thankfull have the bed to myself tonight so this will help I think :)

Thanks again ladies xxxxx

Good advice with ice ohhhhh u poor thing ouch ouch ouch also the opposite heat may work to ...on a lighter note sit on a rubber ring lol I did this quite nice as my bum didn't touch the sofa but I dud have lots of people ask if I had piles lol xxxx hope you feel better soon xxxx

I'm afraid it's just time...... I fell off a horse in a very un-spectacular fashion and bruised mine - OMG the pain! All you can do is ice, pain-killers, be very mindful of how you get up from sitting and give it time to heal..... I reckon mine took about 3 months......

Hope you're not too sore otherwise!

I wish I had a spectacular story about breaking mine but it was really quite ugly.

When I was 11 while in school, a boy kicked me in the a** breaking my coccyx.

I in turn punched him in the face breaking his nose.

Happyfeet - get it checked out, sweetie. It might need some medical attention.
Otherwise, arnica gel will help with the bruising.
Get well soon!

Tammie - love your style. Bet his broken nose has been noticed much more than your broken coccyx during your lives. Mmmmm, but maybe not???
PS I got pushed over by a boy in the playground when I was 6. 16 years later I married him! (He hasn't tried it since :lol:)

Happyfeet - get it checked out, sweetie. It might need some medical attention.
Otherwise, arnica gel will help with the bruising.
Get well soon!

Tammie - love your style. Bet his broken nose has been noticed much more than your broken coccyx during your lives. Mmmmm, but maybe not???
PS I got pushed over by a boy in the playground when I was 6. 16 years later I married him! (He hasn't tried it since :lol:)

Lol that's funny.I was clubbing jumped of the stage at a gorgeous man I squashed him to the floor broke his wrist and he is now my fiancé lol poor boy I wasn't small either lol xx

Lol that's funny.I was clubbing jumped of the stage at a gorgeous man I squashed him to the floor broke his wrist and he is now my fiancé lol poor boy I wasn't small either lol xx

Now that's what I call Girl Power! x

Thanks ladies!

CC I had a warm bath last night and it eased it a bit so I think I may take my copy of Gloss in there later!! xxx

Oh Vetty.... ouch! A blimey i hope it eases before then :( Am going to get the ice out later too xxx

Tammie you crack me up! I can just imagine your 11 year old self doing that! Christ on a bike he must have kicked you hard! xxx

Dandelionpoppy thank you hun I was going to give it till thurs and if no better go and see them... though getting an appointment at my docs is like trying to get a table at The Ivy xxx

I was walking down the stairs got half way down and didnt realise my little man had dropped his Slinky Toy Story Dog on the stairs behind me and that it has tumbled down on my next stair. I pretty much skip down the stairs in a fast noisey fashion and the next minute happyfeets happyfeet were doing a little Irish jig in the air and BAM! Fell straight on my arse! Now happyfeet has enough padding on her posterior but noooooo I find my bleedin coccyx! Much laughing from my daddy dearest, my Mum thinking that would be another family member in hospital and my little man looking guilty later, I've been in pain ever since, though its getting worse rather than better each day. Nearly knocked hubby out last night when he caringly tried to massage it :eek::Scared::eek:

Happyfeet heat will be much better for it!!

If you have a hot water bottle try as best you can putting it on the area or as close to as poss or even better if you have any you know those little hand warmers you can get which have a little disc inside them which you snap and they heat up use one of those, just make sure you put either inside a teatowel or something.

If it doesn't get any better go to see your Doctor so they can give you stronger painkillers.

Hope the pain eases soon for you, from one person in pain to another lol xxx

Thank you hun!

Oh no :hug: hugs to you too hope youre ok! xxxx

ty xxx

I did start to feel better today, after having stronger painkillers off my doctor but as a result I decided to try a bit of cleaning and as a result have had a row off my dad in law my mother my husband and my kids and am now suffering again.

We will do these things lol Oh well I can have a relaxing day tomorrow in a nice clean house lol

xxx

ty xxx

I did start to feel better today, after having stronger painkillers off my doctor but as a result I decided to try a bit of cleaning and as a result have had a row off my dad in law my mother my husband and my kids and am now suffering again.

We will do these things lol Oh well I can have a relaxing day tomorrow in a nice clean house lol

xxx

The moral of this story is " Never do housework!"

I have tried 'saying' to my hubby god this house needs cleaning for the last 2 wks but its fallen on deaf ears ...... the moral of this story train your husbands better lol xxx

Latest posts

Back