Brush Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
Hi All Up till now I have used a decent quality sable brush for acrylic but today I have ordered a brush from Creative. Because I am not using it every day I would like advice on how best to look after it and store it. I have had a lot of trouble with my brushes becoming contaminated because I don't use them all day. Has anyone heard this one before? Wrap the brush in cling wrap so that it is airtight whilst it still has monomer in it and store in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator?
Cheers
Karen

I use a creative ultra sculptor and like you I don't use it everyday.

I just swish it round in monomer every couple of days (if I am not using it) and pop it back in it's case.

I would never wrap a brush in cling film as monomer would be sure to react to it and certainly never put it in a freezer.

Hi All Up till now I have used a decent quality sable brush for acrylic but today I have ordered a brush from Creative. Because I am not using it every day I would like advice on how best to look after it and store it. I have had a lot of trouble with my brushes becoming contaminated because I don't use them all day. Has anyone heard this one before? Wrap the brush in cling wrap so that it is airtight whilst it still has monomer in it and store in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator?
Cheers
Karen

It's really simple ... you must not allow your brush to dry out. Store in a proper metal CND brush case and dip into monomer once a week for example and take away the excess with a lint free cotton gauze pad (just like you do at the end of every working day) and restore for another week. This will be sufficient.

Haven't heard about putting your brush in the freezer and as for cling wrap, I would have thought that monomer liquid and cling wrap would not work together very well.

Very interesting, not letting the brush dry out is news to me.

We were taught to swish in monomer, wipe on lint free cloth and lay flat. I only use my brush occassionaly and it has been known to stay stored for a fortnight at a time, thankfully I have had no problems to date apart from my first pro -styler which rolled off my table onto the tiles and snapped in half. yikes . Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts

Back