Building your business - mens waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

OK, I'm happy to report that I've got customers aged from 19 - 71. Some have a full service, and some have just their backs done.

I've got some repeat work, but the phone is not ringing quite enough yet! I am sure that the word is spreading, but it seems ever so slow.

I've been putting my face around the local salons and so far all but one are happy to give me referrals. Things seem to be looking up, but what more can I do to spread the word and persuade more guys in through the door?

Have you put posters up in the local gym's? Swimming pools? I've been thinking about this a lot, around my way the waxing places are very girlie and I have been trying to think of all the places that guy's hang out, except the pubs:)
I did think about the golf clubs, but I'm not sure that golfers are the type of guy's to get waxed, but maybe I'm stereo typing and it will only cost me a couple of posters in the club house, so I'll go for it anyway.
Also the hotel fitness suit. Most have them and its not just visitors who use them.
Hope this helps:hug:

You don't have to do anything. I've never advertised but I'm turning clients away because of my reputation.

It may take a while but before you know it, word will spread about how good you are and you'll be turning them away too. Just be patient.

As an aside, men research Intimate Waxing for around a year before they take the plunge. xxx

Go on Gaydar forum! I believe a bloke I trained does a lot of clients who found him on there. He does tanning but I am sure they are all into waxing as well, as Gay men often take very good care of there appearence.

They also have more of a disposable income too, than perhaps a bloke with a family and a wife who spends the money on herself lol!!!

Gumtree, google, facebook, freeindex etc are all good mediums to advertise on. Don't give up, it takes a while to build a good strong clientele. When you do they travel from all over the country.

I have moved alot over the last few years and tried everything to re-establish a clientelle in each new area and I found the cheapest methods or the free methods worked far better than newspapers etc.

Good Luck with your business ~ You will get there.

Kate x

Most males who have intimate waxing are just regular men and most are actually straight!
Ask Kim she does it all day long and i'm sure she will tell you that most men are aged 35 and over and most are not from the gym.
I would write a letter to local businesses introducing yourself and include a price list and maybe offer a discount for local businesses as this works well and people can come in their dinner hour.
I would target offices rather than gyms :)

Thanks geeks for the support. It was just the little boost I needed. I've got a gaydar ID - but I've not "forummed" yet - between Facebook, Twitter, actually working and here - where does anyone find the time ?? :lol::lol:

I'll try offices - I think an ad in the local business rags might be the best way in. I love the idea of local business lunch break or afterwork - there's a sport's shop just around the corner too! I'm off with my leaflets this morning!

I've done a whole host of free internet sites - and learned to tolerate the calls selling further advertising "you are losing money if you're not #1 on Google"!!

Anyone done the back of a bus? Any good?

Thanks again. I do love you all. Mwahh x

p.s. Kim; a Year ? :eek: :)

Latest posts

Back