Burnt brows!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard anyone to keep the tint on for one hour. Your friend could have done the tint herself, with a kit from boots, with better results.
Is almost hard to believe a qualified therapist could do this. I would advice her to take it farther and not go back for more treatments.

Poor lady, surely the therapist had forgotten she was there! I'm surprised your friend accepted more treatments from them though, I'd be worried what else they're capable of!

I think before she does anything legally she needs to seek some medical advice, looks like she need a good topical cream if not antibiotics to calm it down & she'll have to steer well clear of waxing/tinting for a good while so as not to irritate the area again!

OMG to the ops friend and that article!!!!!!!! This kind of thing is disgusting. I really hope she makes a full recovery with no long lasting after effects. And definatly make a claim!!! Sorry i hate all that claim stuff but this is bad!! Also a question about that dm article. Did anyone notice the reaction was underneath the brow?? But they said it happened because the tint was applied after the wax but this part under the main brow could NOT have been waxed otherwise she wouldnt have any brows left!! Can anyone explain why the reaction is in this place as there wouldnt have been any open pores as the paper says. X

Poor lady, surely the therapist had forgotten she was there! I'm surprised your friend accepted more treatments from them though, I'd be worried what else they're capable of!
There's no way I'd accept any more treatments from them either! In her own words "I don't like complaining" I'd be putting posters up! X

OMG to the ops friend and that article!!!!!!!! This kind of thing is disgusting. I really hope she makes a full recovery with no long lasting after effects. And definatly make a claim!!! Sorry i hate all that claim stuff but this is bad!! Also a question about that dm article. Did anyone notice the reaction was underneath the brow?? But they said it happened because the tint was applied after the wax but this part under the main brow could NOT have been waxed otherwise she wouldnt have any brows left!! Can anyone explain why the reaction is in this place as there wouldnt have been any open pores as the paper says. X

It's obviously a reaction to the tint. It can't be because they were waxed first as they would have waxed under the brows. Something doesn't add up there!

It's obviously a reaction to the tint. It can't be because they were waxed first as they would have waxed under the brows. Something doesn't add up there!
The way the pic looks on my screen (blurry), the reaction is below and above the brow.

The way the pic looks on my screen (blurry), the reaction is below and above the brow.

I was referring to the pic in the paper from the link :)

Who in the right mind leaves someone alone with chemicals on their face!!
Even if she doesn't want to go down the route of a claim she needs to check her qualifications etc

If she did go ask to see qualifications and there wasn't any...what then?? X

Then she needs to contact a solicitor.

Can I ask, how does everyone do their skin test for tint? As that's left on for 24 hours? Although, I don't mix with the developer when doing a test, is this right? X

Every product you'd use in the treatment needs to be used in the skin test. I put tint behind one ear and peroxide behind the other x

Thanks sarah, I just thought the developer would be to strong. Thanks for your help. X

I was taught to mix a little tint up with developer to use for test is that wrong ??

I would mix the tint and the peroxide and dab a tiny amount behind their ear.

I wonder what they do in department stores where they offer tinting as most are passing trade and wouldn't have had the patch test.

Tint test: you mix a small amount up as you would for doing the treatment do not put them on separately!
As for leaving a client alone with tint on I would be giving my staff a disciplinary if they did this. Never ever wax before tinting even if you are just waxing underneath!! All the above is basic training if you don't know this you need to go back and do a recap at college

Every product you'd use in the treatment needs to be used in the skin test. I put tint behind one ear and peroxide behind the other x

It needs to be mixed as you would do for the treatment x

Latest posts

Back