Business cards or not???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freckles14

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm confused at the moment, and need some advise :confused: - I'll try my best to expain :green:

I've now passed my exams for Gel and L&P Acrylic with NSI.. I'm just about start Fibre/Silk next week, then go on to Mani/Pedi next yr, when i get more penny's....

I would like to have my own salon one day, and have my name picked already... But in the mean time i was thinking about putting some business cards on, just with name and num, and what i can offer etc... for now. Or I'm i best to register my business name now, and use that on my business cards ??? I'm very confused, as i'm new to all this, and not sure what is the best way around it... As i still work full-time too, and could only do nails in the evening and the weekends.

Does anyone have many advise? I have all these thoughts bobbing around in my head... Ahhh. lol. :rolleyes:

Freckles. xx :hug:

You only need to register your business name if you are going to be a Ltd company, sole traders don't need to do this so theres no reason why you can't get your business cards dones giving your business name, your name, contact ndetails and that you are a nail technician.

You have to notify HMRC within 3 months of taking your first business payment and thats just about it!

A good site to look at is Business Link which gives you details of any legal requirements there are and also the guys at HMRC and very friendly and helpful too.

Good luck! :hug:

Hiya!
I would advise buying your website domain now before you get your cards produced so at least then you know that no one else has got your business name as their website. You don't normally have to set up the site until you are ready but at least it would mean that it would be yours :)
Gail
x

Get some cards printed from vistaprint.co.uk and you can change them easily, if necessary, when you next re-order them. They do 250 free cards (you only pay the vat & postage) to get you started.:green:

You only need to register your business name if you are going to be a Ltd company, sole traders don't need to do this so theres no reason why you can't get your business cards dones giving your business name, your name, contact ndetails and that you are a nail technician.

Hmmm? I wonder if this is the same in Australia?

I looked up registered business and sole trader names to see if the name I wanted was already being used. It wasn't, so I registered the name under a sole trader and printed out business cards. As per my comment above, I don't know if this was necessary or not b/c I'm not Ltd, but it didn't hurt - and came in handy down the track, plus it meant no body else could use or take my name in the meantime.

:green:

Hi,

I'm confused at the moment, and need some advise :confused: - I'll try my best to expain :green:

I've now passed my exams for Gel and L&P Acrylic with NSI.. I'm just about start Fibre/Silk next week, then go on to Mani/Pedi next yr, when i get more penny's....

I would like to have my own salon one day, and have my name picked already... But in the mean time i was thinking about putting some business cards on, just with name and num, and what i can offer etc... for now. Or I'm i best to register my business name now, and use that on my business cards ??? I'm very confused, as i'm new to all this, and not sure what is the best way around it... As i still work full-time too, and could only do nails in the evening and the weekends.

Does anyone have many advise? I have all these thoughts bobbing around in my head... Ahhh. lol. :rolleyes:

Freckles. xx :hug:

You got some GREAT advice from your colleagues. I ditto that you should register your domain name. It can done inexpensively ($20-30 for a year's registration). As for business cards, you can get these made so inexpensively now that you don't necessarily need to purchase them in huge quantities to get a good price. VistaPrint is good (as mentioned). You can also check out PrintingMadeEasy.com.

Good luck!

I think the best advice I can give is, don't let it stress you out!

Business cards are great, but there's no need to spend any money until you get more clients than you can easily remember.

When I was starting up, I learnt the hard way that it's MUCH easier, and more profitable, to have a small number of clients to start with.

That way you can really pamper them and make them feel special, something most nail technicians don't do unfortunately.

People will always come back to you if they like and trust you, so just focus on giving them the best service you can!

If you're nice to your clients, take a genuine interest in them and give them nice nails, they will not only keep coming back, but tell all their friends about you.

I know it sounds silly, but it really, really works and is the best way to build a mobile nail business!

All the rest is just fluff.

Good luck!

Daisy

Latest posts

Back